170 votes9 comments · Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) » Support for Kubernetes features · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Here’s the latest as there seem to be 2 types of ask here and so two seperate updates. Need comments for if this issue should close to be focused on one or other:
1. I want to control how many calls my function can make to another API (the 3rd party API rate limiting).
– In all plans we now have a way to specify the max instances. This can limit how far a function app instance can scale: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-scale#limit-scale-out
2. I want to stop my function from triggering more than x times an hour.
Nothing planned in this in the short term. Using API Management for HTTP functions with throttles would be our recommendation for HTTP, nothing out of box for non-HTTP triggers yet.
An error occurred while saving the commentAnonymous commented
Interesting, I can't seem to get past 20 nodes, but would like to provision x number of nodes before running a simulation
Azure Cosmos DB now provides the ability to access the change feed (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/change-feed). A common pattern to implement eventing patterns is
1. Store every version/change as a separate item
2. Read the change feed to merge/consolidate changes and trigger appropriate actions downstream.
You can also expire old versions using TTL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/time-to-live
Work on this feature has started. Will update here when this becomes generally available.
Thank you for your suggestion and votes.