I’m not able to repro this issue in both SSMS 18.0 (current development bits) and SSMS 17.9.1.
I tried to follow the repro outlined by @Mattias’ below. My steps:
1) Install SSDT 15.8.2
2) Create simple SSIS package and converted to Package Deployment Model
3) Added simple “Send Mail” Task (minimal info, but enough to try to connect and send e/mail)
4) Rebuild and generated .dtsx file
5) Open SSMS, navigate to SSISDB node
6) Create new folder F1
7) Right clicked on Projects and selected “Import Packages…”
8) Pointed the wizard to the .dtsx file and let it do the conversion (.dtsx → .ispac)
9) Then, I continued the wizard do to the deployment
10) No crashes observed: I was even able to run the package.
Could you review my steps and see if I’m doing anything differently? FWIW, my server was SQL2017 (latest CU).Anonymous commented
Same here. When I try to import/export a SSIS package that has Transfer SQL Server Objects Task the import/export fails and SSMS restarts. I tried recreating the SSIS package in Visual Studio 2015 but it still fails to import or export the package through SSMS and SSMS restarts.
101 votesAnonymous commented
On SQL 2016 SP2 - CU2 the problem still exists, disabling "per database DTC support" fixed the issue, waiting for the fix in next CU patch release.