I am the PM for RI, what if we allow all billing admins to create RIs? Will that solve the problem in your case?
Thanks for the feedback and happy to report that this has been added to usage data:
Please reach out at yashar[@]microsoft[dot]com if you have more questions or if the API does not meet the requirements, I want to see what else we can do about this. The usage data is different from purchase data hence we did not include RI purchases in the usage file.
Reservation charges are available through API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/billing/enterprise/billing-enterprise-api-reserved-instance-charges, does this not address the problem?
Valid feedback. Open for customer upvotes
We have this in the backlog and will be adding it to the UI. Currently, you can update the name after purchase.
WillH - Are you still seeing it? We rolled out a fix to not cause unnecessary alarms with delayed usage.
We added RINormalization ratio to the usage data for EA. Please check: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/billing/billing-understand-reserved-instance-usage-ea#reservation-charges-in-azure-usage-data
Ack on the feature ask. We are working on ways to make the usage data easier to understand and normalized hours is definitely a needed item.
Hi Folks - thanks for raising this feature. I am the PM for Azure RIs and can be reached at yashar[@]microsoft[dot]com
We do have this feature in the backlog and we plan to deliver this before end of the calendar year. The approach that we are thinking of is that some billing roles will be able to see all RIs purchased in the org. Please reach out if you have any other inputs or suggestions.
Hello, We enabled RIs for constrained core VMs in December 2018. Sorry for getting back a bit late on this thread.
We are in preview with this feature. Go to this URL to try it out: https://aka.ms/rgscopepreview
• The preview is open only to VM reservations.
• When scoped to a resource group, the reservation discount will apply only to usage on that resource group and not to any other usage. If you don’t have matching usage on the resource group, the reservation will be underutilized and result in wastage.
• You can always update the scope to a different resource group or change it to subscription / shared scope.
• When applying reservation discounts, the resource group discount is applied first, then single subscription reservation and then shared scope reservations.
• Capacity priority, if selected, is still at subscription level and not at resource group level.
1. Resource group name doesn’t show in exchange experience.
2. Resource group filter is not available in browse scope dropdown.
3. Save button will not be disabled during pending/similar states, it will be a no-op if someone presses it.
4. Save button does not disable after save.
5. Switching between Overview and Configuration shows cached data: Do Ctrl + F5 after you change reservation configuration.
Hey, thanks for the feedback.
The most granular scope for reservations currently is subscription.
Just to understand the scenario right - Do you have deployments from multiple cost centers on the same subscription and want to charge back the RI to the cost center that purchases the RI and apply RI only to VMs from this cost center?
We have this feature in the backlog but don't have a date yet.
Please feel free to reach out to me at yashar[@]microsoft[dot]com
please reach out at yashar[@]microsoft.com. Would like to understand more.
Are you a partner or a customer? Currently we allow only partners to purchase reserved instances for customers. A partner will have to add you to the reservation explicitly for you to see it?
We removed the calculate button, now there is only one button which should prevent the wrong click. Please let me know if you think otherwise, reach out on yashar[@]microsoft[dot]com
Reserved instances are available in CSP since May 2018, please talk to your Azure provider to buy reservations.
Hello, I am on the reservation team. Thanks for the feedback, we have this feature in the backlog. Regarding your specific issue, can you please reach out to me at yashar[@]microsoft[dot]com
Can you please reach out to me at yashar[@]microsoft[dot]com
Ack. We have this in the backlog.