Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Communication Services

Azure Communication Services allows you to build rich communication experiences with the same secure platform used by Microsoft Teams.

If you have ideas or feedback, please feel free to submit or vote on it here.

For other information please see our documentation and support options and if you have a question, please submit it to Microsoft Q&A.

1. SMS Communication Service to Europe (Netherlands)

Hi, I noticed that is only possible to send and receive SMS from and to United States. Any chance this expand to European countries like the Netherlands please?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/communication-services/concepts/pricing

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for ARKit integration with Azure communication Services Video calling in iOS

Azure communication Video calling can support integration to ARKit so that we can share our camera view with 3D models rendered and there can be 2-way collaborative video session with interactive 3D models.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Incorporate new Teams service limits for interactive and "view-only" participants

The customer we are working with right now has a direct sales app that needs video communications capabilities. Their target is to have sessions with 10,000 viewers and about 10 hosts / co-hosts.

I saw that Teams recently announced their webinar model which supports "tens of thousands" of participants in "view-only" mode. They also announced that they've increased the limit of full interactive participants from 300 to 1000. Here's a reference to the announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ptat6LoVc&t=69s

It would be very helpful for our customer if ACS could incorporate those new Teams service limits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support public IM services

Would love to see support for the most common IM services like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Blazer, etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I hope the Communication Services can be used in Japan as well.

Hi,
    I hope the Communication Services can be used in Japan as well.

"Phone number availability is currently restricted to Azure subscriptions that have a billing address in the United States."

Due to the above restrictions,I cannot get a phone number at this time.

Thank you very much for your effort.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please offer SMS Communication service to UK Regions (urgently)

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/communication-services/concepts/telephony-sms/plan-solution#azure-subscriptions-eligibility this is only available if you have a billing address in the United States.... our billing address is in the United Kingdom... I need this now, it is amazing and I want my organization to start using this in anger....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Azure Communication Services MMS (media messages)

Add the ability to attach/send media in SMS/MMS messages via Azure communication services.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Azure Communications interoperability with Teams should include access to breakout rooms

Azure Communications interoperability with Teams should include access to breakout rooms. One of the key scenarios for Azure Communications services is interaction with external parties, such as potential customers or prospective employees. The ability to bring such people into a breakout room is key to the interaction with them, be it for a 1 on 1 interview part of a recruitment process, or for a 1 on 1 discussion with a potential customer on the side of a webinar. This can be done but only when the external party has a teams account. It is disappointing that it cannot be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams Interop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure Communication Services Timeline

Any ideas when Azure Communications Services phone numbers are available across Europe/UK. This is currently restricted to azure accounts with billing addresses in the US?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set the "In-Call" Indicator when in a Call

"Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
    We have an app which leverages group calls and chat that we would like to show a in-call indicator when the user is joined to the group call. Currently, the app will stop recording and playing back voice on iOS immediately and will eventually stop playback on Android. Maybe we could leverage another solution for the progress indicator but would be great if the SDK supports it.

Describe the solution you'd like
    Would expect that the API will set the in call progress indicator while joined to a group call.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Server Side Audio / Video Recordings

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
    For audit purposes recorded audios/videos are necessary for many systems. A server side recorded session can serve the purpose.

If we can have a support at the API level that can trigger a ongoing session would be nice. The stored session can reside on the Azure. Single session can be recorded for each room.

Describe alternatives you've considered
    A bot can join and record the sessions on local storage.

This ideas has been brought from: https://github.com/Azure/Communication/issues/254 as a part of the GitHub Migration of feature…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable the creation of a DeviceManager before the creation of a CallAgent

"I came across an issue where if you try and create a DeviceManager using CallClient.getDeviceManager before you've created a CallAgent ('CallClient.createCallAgent')`, an error is raised.

Since you don't need the CallAgent yet, it doesn't make sense that you need to create it first.

Aside: The docs do state that you need to create it first"

This ideas has been brought from: https://github.com/Azure/Communication/issues/110 as a part of the GitHub Migration of feature requests from GitHub to User Voice to UserVoice.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide LocalVideoStream for Logical device

This ideas has been brought from: https://github.com/Azure/Communication/issues/251 as a part of the GitHub Migration of feature requests from GitHub to User Voice to UserVoice.

I have a wearable device connected to an Android phone and I'm looking for a way to use that device as a video camera source to make video calls using the ACS Android SDK (calling SDK currently in preview). From my Android app I have full access to the wearable device so I have access to the raw video data.

I'm…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expose Type property on LocalVideoStream

If a user is working with a LocalVideoStream, they can fetch the type through the method getMediaStreamType().

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/javascript/api/azure-communication-services/@azure/communication-calling/localvideostream?view=azure-communication-services-js

If a user is working with a RemoteVideoStream, they can fetch the type through the property type.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/javascript/api/azure-communication-services/@azure/communication-calling/remotevideostream?view=azure-communication-services-js#type

Could LocalVideoStream expose a property called type so the developer does not have to have two code paths for dealing with type determination?"

This ideas has been brought from: https://github.com/Azure/Communication/issues/65 as a part of the GitHub Migration of feature requests from GitHub to User Voice to UserVoice.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a way to determine if the local user is speaking

When in a call, if a remote participant is speaking, the property isSpeaking changes.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/javascript/api/azure-communication-services/@azure/communication-calling/remoteparticipant?view=azure-communication-services-js#isspeaking

Is there a similar method/property that can be used on the local participant?

Perhaps a LocalParticipant type that behaves like the RemoteParticipant type - would reduce the amount of "unique" code for dealing with local video stream previews, screen share previews, etc.

The idea would be that local code used to display camera & screen share previews would only need to deal with a "Participant." That could be Local or…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Captions

"we are looking to get access on the live caption (text) during a live event ( live conversation) without show and record it as part of video call that help us to process the live caption text and make a proper action once we receive some specific words/ phrases ...

Solution:

Adding new rest api on the Graph Api to retrieve the conversation live captions by time and attendants
    setup a web hook on the call to send the caption live contents"

This ideas has been brought from: https://github.com/Azure/Communication/issues/75 as a part of the GitHub Migration of feature requests from…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multi-Audio Stream Support

My remote stream has multiple audio streams for the various languages (and participants) it outputs. Currently I can only receive the default audio stream and the other available languages are not available for the local client.

On the client side I want to be able to select the audio stream I want to listen to, belonging to a single video stream. Preferable, I can label the incoming audio streams so that user can choose the right one for him/her.

Describe alternatives you've considered
    Streaming the…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Phone lookup and validation API

"I couldn't find any issue from this topic, on the docs here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/182005/azure-communication-services-validate-existing-pho.html

But basically, we need a lookup to check phone number is mobile and what carrier it is"

This ideas has been brought from: https://github.com/Azure/Communication/issues/177 as a part of the GitHub Migration of feature requests from GitHub to User Voice to UserVoice.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PTSN and SMS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Communication Services

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base