Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Cognitive Services

Customer Feedback & Ideas for Azure Cognitive Services

Share your ideas for making Cognitive Services and the accompanying APIs work better for the applications you develop.

Catch up on the latest News and Updates

Share your Ideas and Feedback

To share your ideas on how we can make Cognitive Services better, click one of the categories underneath "Give Feedback" located in the sidebar menu to access the forum.

Documentation

API documentation available here. Within, you'll find:

§  Getting started samples
§  API References
§  Testing Consoles

Using one or more of the APIs as a "Free" preview?  Be sure to read our Terms of Service.

Contact Support

UserVoice is intended for product feedback. If you need product support, please contact either: Azure support (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/plans/) or ask a question on stack overflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/microsoft-cognitive)

Become a Cloud Design Insider!

Join Cloud Design Insiders, and help shape the future of Cognitive Services! As an insider, you’ll speak with program managers, designers & researchers, see new designs and ideas, provide feedback through surveys, and try out prototypes. Take the short survey to join the Cloud Design Insiders now, and we’ll see you in the community.

1. Form Recognizer Handle Multiple of Same Form

Have the AI recognize when the same form exists with multiple versions / scans within a document. For example you can currently submit a 2 page document (same form different values on page 1 and page 2) It detects multiple pages, however you only get the values from the first page / form. I propose the AI could recognize that the values on page 2 (in this example) are the start of the recognized form again, and thereby provide results for both versions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Cognitive Services Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cognitive services : To purge it completely without the future option for restore

Behalf of CX (Sagi - sagi.kovaliov@lazlo326.com )
    Currently after deleting cognitive service I cannot recreate a service with the same name because it’s being soft deleted for 48 hours.
    I have to manually recover the account using rest api and it’s a time consuming operation in my devops activities.
    Devops engineers usually destroy and create the same resources again and again during their development process to achieve a full automation using the pipelines.
    At least the dev team can add a feature to control the soft delete option for the cognitive service account like you have for key vault or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Cognitive Services Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow prebuilt models to be added to composed model in form recognizer

I want to be able to scan any form and have Azure determine which form I am scanning and process accordingly.
    It works well with the composed model, but now the problem is it will not detect if its a prebuilt model (invoice, receipt, ect)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow QnA Maker to support preservation of alternative phases via the URL after refresh

My customer really like the feature of using URL to construct their QnA maker bot. However, they wish that there is a way to preserve alternative phases after they refresh the URL. This is because they wish to sperate the ownership of knowledgebase content (their business teams) from the Bot development team (their IT team).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Cognitive Services Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow alternative phrasing in docx source for QNA Maker

You can do alternative phrasing in an Excel file by simply repeating the answer multiple times with different questions. It would be nice to be able to do the same by simply typing multiple questions with H1 formatting before typing the answer in a docx file. End users are much more comfortable editing word documents than Excel files.

Example:

What is our street address?
    What is our address?
    What is the company's physical address?
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. more documentation on the custom subdomains

more documentation custom subdomains, specifically:
    - where are the custom subdomains stored.

- how to delete a custom subdomain for a particular cognitive services account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add functionality to Compose Form Recognizer Custom Models & Pre-Built Invoice Models

We would love if Form Recognizer allows us to Compose Pre-Built Models with Custom Models. As in V2.1 Form Recognizer now we can combine multiple custom models under a single Model Id and when a document is uploaded, it automatically recognizes and assigns it to the right model for data extration.
    The problem with this approach is, when there is a new document and no model is trained for that document, it is returning Null Values or Wrong data to the labels.
    In such scenarios, if there is no trained model for a specific Invoice document, we want to process…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Incorrect translation in Spanish

I am using Azure Cognitive Service-Translation for Spanish ("es") translations in our application. During testing, we found that "Nineteen Thousand" is coming as "mil mil" which is incorrect. It should come as "Diecinueve mil".

Could you please guide or correct me here?

Thanks and Regards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. QnAMaker urgently needs revisioning and/or undo.

In QnAMaker, how is there not a way to undo changes before hitting "Save & Train", or after "Save & Train" and before "Publish"?

How is it that I can't just revert to the published version?

This seems to be REALLY basic functionality for any piece of software. It's 2021.

Like, my cat could walk across my keyboard and hit "delete" on a QnA pair, and I would still have to both Save&Train, and Publish that deletion.

Or, I guess, I could just delete my account and create a new account if I don't want to push that change live?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Form Recognizer - Train model to extract text from relative position of other text

When using Form Recognizer on US Federal Tax Returns it is common to have blank lines in the tax form. Form Recognizer doesn't perform well when the text you are seeking from the form isn't always there. It would be better to have Form Recognizer find the static text of the form, and then be able to extract the text adjacent to that matched text. See the example uploaded in the image.

Where Form Recognizer often fails for us is if we tried to extract Line 4c in the example image. This line is blank, but many times Form Recognizer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The current version of Alterations service in Qna maker does not support special characters

For e.g if I add synonyms for a word with special characters, the word is not identified by QNA service.
    Word - Covid
    Synonym - Covid-19

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Content Moderator needs a scale out capability

Max scale for content moderator looks to only be 10/sec. It would be better to have a scale out capability that allows for scaling up instances per load and scaling down when the load goes down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Trigger Actions for bot training

Is it possible to set up a trigger in QnAmaker such that after a new question is added, a certain number of people get notification by email.

To give a background, we have a chatbot on our website where visitors can ask questions, we also log every question and then ask the visitors for their email address if they didn't get a satisfactory answer.

The plan is to send them an email once the bot has been trained with their question. This means we need a trigger from qnamaker to initiate once that question has been added and send the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure Cognitive Search - Allow search endpoints to be used by Azure Traffic Manager

The examples for scaling Azure Search using Traffic manager all assume web app frontend endpoints.
    We have clients calling search endpoints directly (not via some web front end- that is their web front end are too numerous to account for in Traffic Manager).
    It would be very nice to have option of "Azure Search" in the Traffic Manager dropdown. Currently it is only "App Services."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Any plans to extend local business support outside of en-US for Bing Entity Search?

Would be really useful to me for UK, but it's unclear whether to plan on this as there doesn't seem to be any published intent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable adding new administrator to Video Indexer account, and enable user management via security groups in AD

Possibility to add new account administrator would be a great feature in Video Indexer, especially when the account is used by entire Team. It'd allow better user management. Also it would be useful to manage users using AD group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Cognitive Services Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Q&A Maker API should allow filtering within a knowledge base by source document

Unless I missed something in the API documentation, it is currently not possible to include a source filter in the GenerateAnswer API call to Q&A Maker. While it is possible to filter by metadata, it is not possible to bulk assign metadata on import. For example, one possible alternative is to associate a piece of metadata with each source URL or document. However, this also does not seem possible to do.

This means that if one would like to filter results by the source within an index, it is not possible so the only solution is to create another index…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve auditing experience for qnamaker.ai to offer better action logging capabilities

At present, the only audit logs that can be attributed to specific Azure Active Directory users are the ListKeys endpoint. From that point onwards QnAMaker.ai communicates with APIs using the endpoint keys which means there is no way differentiate between users using QnAMaker.ai.

For us, this has posed a challenge, as it's been impossible to unpick which users have Updated, Replaced or Published APIs using QnAMaker.ai despite them being logged in using an Azure AD account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Cognitive Services Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base