Azure Cognitive Services

Customer Feedback & Ideas for Azure Cognitive Services

Share your ideas for making Cognitive Services and the accompanying APIs work better for the applications you develop.

Catch up on the latest News and Updates

Share your Ideas and Feedback

To share your ideas on how we can make Cognitive Services better, click one of the categories underneath "Give Feedback" located in the sidebar menu to access the forum.

Documentation

API documentation available here. Within, you'll find:

§  Getting started samples
§  API References
§  Testing Consoles

Using one or more of the APIs as a "Free" preview?  Be sure to read our Terms of Service.

Contact Support

UserVoice is intended for product feedback. If you need product support, please contact either: Azure support (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/plans/) or ask a question on stack overflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/microsoft-cognitive)

Become a Cloud Design Insider!

Join Cloud Design Insiders, and help shape the future of Cognitive Services! As an insider, you’ll speak with program managers, designers & researchers, see new designs and ideas, provide feedback through surveys, and try out prototypes. Take the short survey to join the Cloud Design Insiders now, and we’ll see you in the community.

1. After tagging an image the UI should return to the same page you left from, rather than resetting to Page 1.

e.g. if you tag an image on page 630 of your selected Training Images as soon as you close the tagging dialog box the page view resets to Page 1. To get back to where you were tagging now requires hundreds of clicks to get back to the same page you were tagging, to continue.

After the tagging dialog box the UI should return to the training images page you left.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generate accurate audio clip for each utterance

Getting an audio clip for each utterance will make it possible to generate a basis for a human-labeled transcript for training a custom model. This will make it possible to gradually improve the recognition accuracy after every "session", by checking the transcription and the corresponding audio clip and fixing the text for incorrect transcriptions.

Additionally the audio clip can be used as a live read-back of the original audio.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Speech  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add «cheque» to prebuilt models

It would be really useful to have a prebuilt model for cheques, which are much more bound to a standard than current prebuilt models (invoices, business cards and receipts).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) for cheques

Right now, Azure Form Recognizer mistakenly interpret MICR special encoding characters as regular characters, as you can see in the attached screenshot. It would be very userful that it ignore/handle those special characters.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need the new metric to check the number of characters used for text to speech on the Azure portal

It is needed to be able to check the number of characters used for text to speech.
    Under the metrics tab on the Azure portal, we can only see the number of requests that have been made.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Go to End '>>', and Go to the Beginning '<<' action for Training Images displayed in Custom Vision.

When there are many thousands of images tagged in the Training Images view of a Project there is no quick way to get the the end of the data set, or back to the beginning. It can take a great many clicks, 60 images at a time.

A Go to End '>>', and Go to the Beginning '<<' action on this interface would help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Form Recognizer - Mark all unused tags "unavailable in document"

Form recognizer tagging Orders to the Common Data Model leaves me with many fields that are blank in certain Collections.
    Manually unchecking each filed "Unavailable in document" really slows the mapping down.

Consider adding Multiselect "Unavailable in document" during tagging or better yet, Mark all unused tags "unavailable in document"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Decision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Site banner when there is a known issue

Twice now the Speech portal has been broken by the owning Product Group.

Twice now I have wasted hours of my time as well as MS support personnel time trying to debug something only to find out that the portal (and associated APIs) were broken and it was known by the group.

Twice now the fix has been weeks in the deploying so god knows how many other customer's time has been wasted.

If you have a known issue that affects your customers, especially given the woeful error messaging on the portal, then please add a banner on the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enterprise pricing for Speech to text and Speech to Text neural, would provide extension to the current pricing for large volume users.

Enterprise pricing for Speech to text and Speech to Text neural, would provide extension to the current pricing for large volume users. We have clients that currently use hundreds of millions of characters using traditional data capture methods, and see the current pricing as not addressing their enterprise client market.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Javascript support for keyword recognition

Not necessarily an idea, and please let me know if this is not the right place for this. But it would be great to have the Javascript SDK supporting Keyword Recognition (specifically Custom Keywords).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Actionable Error Messaging in Speech Portal

When a Dataset upload fails the error messaging is literally "Failed" and clicking on the Dataset displays "Failed to upload data. Please check your data format and try to upload again."

This is not actionable error messaging. I have checked the data multiple times. I have been uploading this data, with additions, using an automated process for a year without issue.

Tell us why it failed. Give us a hint. I have 15,000 files and entries in the Trans.txt file. "It failed" is not useful information. Especially when it could easily be a problem server-side and Microsoft provides no validation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd Like To Use C++ To Create An Exercise App With Voice Commands

I have a degree in Exercise and Sports Science and just got into coding 8 months ago, and I now want to create an Exercise App that uses voice command to run the app. For example, I'd like for the user to be able to use the commands "What's today's workout?", "What's the first exercise?", "What's the next exercise?", and "I'm finished with the workout?". I've used C++ before for simple projects, but I've never used it to create an app with voice commands. I'd really like to start from scratch and have somebody guide me through a Teams meeting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Trigger Actions for bot training

Is it possible to set up a trigger in QnAmaker such that after a new question is added, a certain number of people get notification by email.

To give a background, we have a chatbot on our website where visitors can ask questions, we also log every question and then ask the visitors for their email address if they didn't get a satisfactory answer.

The plan is to send them an email once the bot has been trained with their question. This means we need a trigger from qnamaker to initiate once that question has been added and send the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Cognitive Services Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Not able to deserialize datatimev2 entity in LUIS v3

Currently in LUIS, datetimev2 in V3 has fine tuned entity subtypes as compared to previous version. For the different LUIS models when user adding more entities, use needs to export that specific model and regenerate class object and it is for either v2/v3. It will be good to have enhancement that will auto generate the class objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure Cognitive Search - Allow search endpoints to be used by Azure Traffic Manager

The examples for scaling Azure Search using Traffic manager all assume web app frontend endpoints.
    We have clients calling search endpoints directly (not via some web front end- that is their web front end are too numerous to account for in Traffic Manager).
    It would be very nice to have option of "Azure Search" in the Traffic Manager dropdown. Currently it is only "App Services."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Cognitive Services Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Any plans to extend local business support outside of en-US for Bing Entity Search?

Would be really useful to me for UK, but it's unclear whether to plan on this as there doesn't seem to be any published intent

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow prebuilt models to be added to composed model in form recognizer

I want to be able to scan any form and have Azure determine which form I am scanning and process accordingly.
    It works well with the composed model, but now the problem is it will not detect if its a prebuilt model (invoice, receipt, ect)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add Translation for Armenian language.

Translation for Armenian language is missing. Please add if that possible.

Thanks,
    Garik

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The statistics of numbers on the endpoint utterances page

Hi LUIS team, we would like to know the numbers of endpoint utterances. When there are many endpoint utterances, it seems difficult for us to count the number of specific endpoint utterances. Therefore, please consider adding count statistics to this page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable adding new administrator to Video Indexer account, and enable user management via security groups in AD

Possibility to add new account administrator would be a great feature in Video Indexer, especially when the account is used by entire Team. It'd allow better user management. Also it would be useful to manage users using AD group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base