Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

SQL Server - Big Data Clusters

Summary:

SQL Server Big Data Clusters is the multi-cloud, open data platform for analytics at any scale. Big Data Clusters (BDC) unites SQL Server with Apache Spark to deliver the best compute engines available for analytics in a single, easy to use deployment. With these engines, BDC is the ideal data platform for AI, ML, M/R, Streaming, BI, T-SQL, and Spark. Delivered as part of the SQL Server 2019 release, BDC is a cloud-native solution orchestrated by Kubernetes. Our mission is to accelerate, delight and empower our users as they quench their thirst for data driven insights.

More information about SQL Server Big Data Clusters is available in the documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provision for Additional BDC admin accounts and allow AD account to manage the BDC

We are not able to add more than one account as BDC admin while deploying the BDC or after the deployment. Also, allow AD accounts to manage BDC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SQL 2019 out of box driver 2.3.8 does not work with CosmosDB (MongoDB API)

I have a BDC SQL 2019 Kubernetes cluster deployed.
    When connected via master node and following instructions to create an external table against CosmosDB (MongoDB API) it fails with error:

ODBC error: [Microsoft][MongoDBODBC] (110) Error from MongoDB Client: Server at xxxxx.documents.azure.com:10255 reports wire version 2, but this version of libmongoc requires at least 3 (MongoDB 3.0) (Error Code: 15) Additional error <2>: ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][MongoDBODBC] (110) Error from MongoDB Client: Server at darminm.documents.azure.com:10255 reports wire version 2, but this version of libmongoc requires at least 3 (MongoDB 3.0) (Error Code: 15), SqlState: HY000, NativeError: 110 .
    Total execution time: 00:00:02.187

Same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SQL Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SQL 2019 out of box driver 2.3.8 does not work with CosmosDB (MongoDB API)

I have a BDC SQL 2019 Kubernetes cluster deployed.
    When connected via master node and following instructions to create an external table against CosmosDB (MongoDB API) it fails with error:

ODBC error: [Microsoft][MongoDBODBC] (110) Error from MongoDB Client: Server at xxxxx.documents.azure.com:10255 reports wire version 2, but this version of libmongoc requires at least 3 (MongoDB 3.0) (Error Code: 15) Additional error <2>: ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][MongoDBODBC] (110) Error from MongoDB Client: Server at darminm.documents.azure.com:10255 reports wire version 2, but this version of libmongoc requires at least 3 (MongoDB 3.0) (Error Code: 15), SqlState: HY000, NativeError: 110 .
    Total execution time: 00:00:02.187

Same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Virtualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to replicate to storage devices in different locations via CSI topology aware scheduling

Basic HDFS replication allows blocks to be replicated within the same persistent volume(s). What would be more useful would be a means of specifying that persistent volume(s) are created on specific devices by exposing CSI topology aware scheduling in the config JSON files. The ability to label nodes and allocate the pools to specific nodes already exists, this is a similar thing, but for storage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Kubernetes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SQL Server Big Data Cluster Download google chrome

To Integrate configuration for Google system networking

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SQL Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BDC should be able to access a database in standby mode

I have BDC setup. When I setup an external table which points to an online database I have no problems. When I setup an external table which points to a table in a database in standby mode, I get the below error. I disabled the SQL Agent on the SQL Server which has the database is standby mode to ensure that my session isn't getting killed and that didn't help.
    Msg 7320, Level 16, State 110, Line 1
    Cannot execute the query "Remote Query" against OLE DB provider "MSOLEDBSQL" for linked server "(null)". 105082;Generic ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Big Data Cluster (BDC) support for SSIS Projects (ispac files instead dtsx)?

I noticed the SSIS runtime doesn't support to deploy projects (ispac). It only support packages (dtsx) as entrypoint in the spec file.

As workaround I tried to deploy package to execute dtexec process to run a ispac package, but SSIS execute process raise this error message The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

Questions for possible workaround:

1) Could be possible create a "custom" BDC application runtime for SSIS to run ispac files instead dtsx?
    2) Could be possible add support for the SSIS runtime to run ispac files instead dtsx?
    3) How to run…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base