Azure Reservations

1. Reservation renewal at renewal option should be defaulted to Auto renew rather than currently we have to get into each one of them

we have to get to each one and review one by one a current. would be useful to have the default as auto renewal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. virtual machine reservations cost - should be displayed together with per hour cost

Friends ,

On the pages showing VM sizes with prices per month, it would be super useful to show 1-3 years reservations costs.

• There will be a lot of price transparency introduced which is a good thing for a business wanting look reputable;

• There will be more incentive for people to go reserved instances.

• Currently, the cost of VM per hour is not aligned with cost of VM for reservation. Whoever chooses regions for deployment based on per hour cost with a plan to transition to reserved instances later might be in for a nasty surprise realizing that other regions…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In Azure & every Cloud we have reserve or pay as you go plan but there shoud be hybrid plan.

In Azure & every Cloud we have reserve or pay as you go plan but there shoud be hybrid plan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please allow me to select multiple VM sizes/regions at once when purchasing reserved instances

Up until a few days ago, I was able to select as many reserved instances to purchase at once from Reservations section of the portal. This feature was removed, with no plan to put it back, per Microsoft Support. We're about to purchase reserved instances for approx. 50 VMs, spread across multiple VM sizes and three regions. Being able to see the total Compute cost of the reservation commit on one screen makes for a much more easily parsed total, as well as saving me time on putting together individual reservation orders for each size, in each region.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow the option to keep purchased RIs on CSP Azure subscriptions to stay in effect even when such azure subscription moves between partners

currently there is no option to keep an RI active on an azure subscription acquired through CSP (and future modern?). Result is that current partner, new partner and customer need to figure out how to cancel the exisitng RI, re-purchase a new RI with new term after transition happened, etc.. As RIs are paid upfront, it would be good for everyone if in such scenario there can be an option where the RI remains effective on the moved subscription(s).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Manually assign VMs to Reserved Instance reservation

To be able to manually assign VMs to RI will guarantee that the paying business unit or VM owner will get the discount benefit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. link the reserved resources such as VMs per resource ID to the services that request them. The current system is not user-friendly.

When choosing to reserve resources over a longer period and to benefit from a discount by committing to allocate resources over 1/3 years, the way that Azure does it is really not transparent and not user friendly.
    First of all, it should be possible that a resource like AKS offers the option of creating a cluster for 1/3 years instead of requiring the user to create the underlying VMs first and have them "automatically" be assigned to the AKS, so long as the VMs are of the same type.
    Also, what if another user that has access to the subscription…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

8. Put a name to the Reserved Instance while making the purchase

In the past, I was able to put a friendly name while purchasing a Reserved Instance but, with the new experience it seems that this is a challenge and I can rename it after I make the purchase which is a waste of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the subscription reservation page back to a single page form

Why was the reservation form in the portal changed from a nice simple one page form into a three page monstrosity that no longer allows you to name the reservation on creation?

I would suggest you change it back to the simple one page form and also create a way to do this programmatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Virtual Machine consumption instance type & OS billing breakout

Users need to be able to easily report Azure VM usage by instance type, OS and region for analytics and RI and pricing analysis, and AHUB reporting. The Instance type and OS are buried in the "Additional info." field and not easy to extract due to inconsistent formatting, and is not always populated. Users need the Instance type and OS broken out in separate fields along with the the region that is today. The same would be true with SQL DB to distinguish info other than the product name which is not always at the level needed. We have not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. M series VMs in North Central US

SQL server virtual machines require a higher RAM/CPU (M series in North Central US) ratio than can be supplied using the standard VM sizes. Constrained CPU sizes were introduced to address this issue (eg E Series). Since the standard E and D series machines can be reserved please also allow the RAM constrained versions to be reserved so we can control workload of SQL server VMs.

An ETA would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. M series VMs in North Central US

SQL server virtual machines require a higher RAM/CPU ratio than can be supplied using the standard VM sizes. Constrained CPU sizes were introduced to address this issue (eg E Series). Since the standard E and D series machines can be reserved please also allow the RAM constrained versions to be reserved so we can control workload of SQL server VMs.

An ETA would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make VM reservations visiable to all Owners and not just the Account administrator and purchaser

By design only the Account administrator and purchaser can see the reservation. Make the reservation visible to the Owners group at least or even as read only for everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Invoices should generate immediately on purchase of Reserved Instances

There is delay in application discount and cost planning for companies is distorted due to invoice generation delays

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please clarify the reserved instance process. To say old reserved instance credited back and the new reserved instance can then be purchased

Have the reserved instance say that the previous reserved instance that is no longer needed to be used is credited back to the customer, then it can be used toward the new reserved instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reserved Instances for Hong Kong

Please make Reserved Instances available in Hong Kong.

HK has been on an exclusion list that is very well hidden and as a result, budgeting cannot be accurately done by businesses. The pricing calculator does not take into account the location of the subscription, only the location of the resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More Price Checklists for different scenarios

We need many more comprehensive pricing checklists - particularly for Azure VMs. There is no indication when adding different services what the price is (if any). I have already been caught out by the VM OS disk which I thought was included in VM price and my first static IP address which I thought was free - only to find out that reservation is free and usage must be paid for. I didn't realise my mistake until I accidentally found the VM price checklist on the Petri site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Billing - RI can be filtered down to subscription level

Please provide the function to see purchased RI not only on EA level.
    Its necessary to make the purchase of RI down to subscription level. (in our case: organisation with more than 20 subscriptions and RI purchased scope for single)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fix portal login bugs

I have been directed to this forum by the support team. It would be awesome if the bugs regarding logging in to the portal could be fixed. This especially affects the safari browser. When returning to a previous session some time later, the portal usually just shows the azure loading screen. After quite a while the request times out and an error message is shown: "Hmmm...
    Sorry, the portal took a long time to load. Click 'Try again' to reload.
    Looks like something went wrong"

This bug seems to be already known as support recommends to use private mode when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Offer B-Series ala carte CPU credits priced based on current demand "spot market"

I have B-Series virtual machines that most of the time have plenty of CPU credits in reserve, but about twice a month I need 12-24 hours of use at nearly 100% CPU. It would be nice to have the option purchasing additional CPU credits as opposed to reprovisioning at some higher level of service for that short period of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Reservations

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base