Azure Reservations

1. Offer reserved instances for vCPU Constrained VMs

Currently vCPU constrained VMs eg E16-8s_v3 are not available for Reserved Instance purchases - which seems quite unfair since we're already paying full price for the VM...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add cloud name to the instance metadata service

I would like to have a way, from inside a VM to determine in which cloud the VM is running, AzurePublic, US Gov, China, etc. The instance metadata service currently exposes compute.location. It seems having the cloud name would be very useful.

For example, the Python API, if given a cloud name, already knows the correct API endpoints to call for each cloud.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Read the text in Images does not work for major currency symbols

Namastey Sir,

While I am analyzing text obtained from the 'Read text in images', I was not able to find ₹ , but ocr engines somehow replaced ₹ with 3 and in some instances with 4.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/computer-vision/?v=18.05

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Azure Reserved Instances exchange - portal update

Today on update FAQs
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/reserved-vm-instances/ you can find information that customer can exchange RI VMs. However after selecting "exchange" regular ticket is opened & there is support feedback by mail, that exchange is not supported now (only cancellation). I do believe that FAQs should be updated as well as opening ticket also should pop up additional information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reserved instance

currently there azure does not show the payment status (Paid /Due ) in the portal. It gets difficult to track which invoice is paid and wpecifically when it was paid.
    Thi sis something very basic and Microsft should have included it much earlier.

It is frustrating to track the invoices manually. there is no online banking as well.... strangely the worlds biggest software company does not allow online payments.. sad state.
    alsothere is no provision to buy a reserved instance in India... Are you trying to discriminate ..?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hope LUIS recognizes the all currencies as money

LUIS has the built-in entity like money but it is tightly connected to the locale. For instance, LUIS does not recognizes 30 dollars as money in ja_JP locale. It only recognizes 30 yen as money. However, some countries that we have customer uses multiple currency for the payments. Peru and Turkey uses their own currency and EUR, USD or GBP. We can pay by one of the currencies even it is a small shop. We will be very happy if LUIS recognizes the all currencies as money with 3-charactor currency code.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Verification at the APIM level of Access via an AAD group

When I visit the users list inside the APIM area in the Azure portal, it shows the users and any local groups they are a member of (local groups being developers and other groups created only on the AMS instance). Would it be possible to also show, or at least call out the method for visibility and verification that members of an AAD group also have appropriate access as users in the APIM - listing the AAD groups they are members of might help here.
    Currently we have to trust that the provided group access (visible via Active Directory in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Want to modify scale-in rule of VMSS (want to remove deallocated instance first)

I know that VM scale set(VMSS) removes instances evenly across update domains and fault domains. However, I want to customize the scale-in rule, like remove deallocated instance first.
    Hope there will be the function which realize above.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Implement better refresh functionality

This is one for the portal in general. Within a lot of blades there are refresh buttons. For instance: Active Directory instance > All Users displays a refresh button to refresh the results.

The way the button is implemented seems to be to refresh the details of the records that are shown (already loaded) at that time. This means that when a new record was added in the meantime, refreshing will not show it. I noticed this adding new users and then waiting for the user to activate their account in AAD. Refreshing did not show the user, but going…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We need to check the AppGw infrastructure monitoring information

Hi Team, sometimes we get the bad performance when using AppGw as a load balancer, the current log information like performance log couldn't show the exact performance of AppGw instance, would you please add a new feature so that we could check the AppGw CPU, memory .etc on Azure portal? Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alerts based on health probe metric

Create an alert based on health probe metric to destroy unhealthy instance and redeploy a new one.
    For example, I have 2 VMs on a scale set behind an Application Gateway, so I need a way to take an automatic action if the application’s health status (already configured) is ‘unhealthy’. Basically we want to automatically restart the VM or instantiate a new one when the node becomes unavailable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need flexibility to define custom DNS names for azure instances

Issue: Long DNS name cause issue with PAM nslcd. This is known issue.

Current workaround: configuring private/internal Bind DNS server and provide short DNS name.

Permanent resolution: Azure team need to provide permanent fix to resolve issue else provide flexibility to define custom DNS names for azure instances

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Users would like to control the InstanceIds of VMSS

Each instances of VMSS(Virtual Machine Scale Set) has a instance id. This id is used as the host name of each instance. And this number is provided as serial numbers. I'd like to control this number.
    E.g. initiliatize this serial number's countup. and so on

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update your sales material to match the technical material

The sales material on your site uses different naming conventions to the technical or management material available through the portal which is highly confusing. For example, a support technician had to explain to me that the 'Standard 1: Medium' instance of the virtual server I am on is actually the 'S2: Standard' instance I see when i go to the scale up page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add File Backup from from Azure to Recovery Service Vault

Azure Recovery Services Vault offers a lot of control for On-Premise backups. But only "Virtual Machines" for workloads running in Azure.

I'd like the same control as On-Prem for my IAAS servers.
    Specific Use Cases :-

1. File server Backups for Files stored in Storage Accounts. (I treat them like file servers)

2. Backup files/directories in VM's. I don't need a copy of the entire VM. I can build a new one with scripts. But I do need the data that is unique.
      eg: I could Run a SQL Backup in parallel to the disk on a VM. Then have the file…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. internal server error during validation when incorrect data type is used in template function

Template validation fails with "Encountered internal server error" when incorrect data type is used in the padLeft function.

E.g. If you incorrectly type padLeft(copyIndex(1),'0',2) instead of padLeft(copyIndex(1),2,'0') [notice that in the first instance, parameters 2 and 3 are reversed and parameter 2 is a string instead of an integer], template validation will crash with an internal server error and provide no indication of what is wrong. This makes it very hard to discover what & where the problem is.
    Please have validation check that parameters are the right data type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure SQL Server DW FQDN

Azure SQL Server DW provides a public FQDN which we can use as firewall rule destination object for our Azure SQL Server instance, but that's only the connection to the initial SQL gateway. The client is then redirected to connect to another public IP address which is the actual backend Azure SQL Server, and that second IP address is NOT resolvable via a FQDN. This forces us to use a less secure FW policy to allow SQL clients to connect to all Azure datacenters, instead of a specific FQDN.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Azure has Reserved Instance mechanism?

Azure has Reserved Instance mechanism?
    ( like as AWS, this mechanism can reduce VM total cost for customer)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to assign a ReservedIp to a service without an endpoint

You cant deploy a service to a ReservedIP address unless you have at least one endpoint.

I dont have any incoming calls so i dont have an endpoint, i need a static outgoing ip.

I can deploy my service, then assign the reserved ip.

Please remove the restriction as i am having to add an endpoint i dont want

e.g.

azure vm create -l "North Europe" --vm-size "Medium" --vm-name "test" -w "live1" -b "Subnet-1" -S 10.32.0.4 -R "test-ip" thetest1.cloudapp.net b39f27a8b8c64d52b05eac6a62ebad85Ubuntu-14041-LTS-amd64-server-20140927-en-us-30GB user user pass

fails with

error: Deployment test uses ReservedIP test-ip but does not contain any endpoints.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. speed up the provisioning of remote app

its ridiculous how long it takes to provision a remoteapp instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Reservations

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base