Azure Reservations

1. speed up the provisioning of remote app

its ridiculous how long it takes to provision a remoteapp instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update App Service Pricing

In App Service plans say that a D1-Shared cost "~€0.011 per site per hour" but apparently all the other plans are also charged "per site per hour" and not per instance. This is misleading and it just become clear when we are in hands with a bill higher than expected (eg: 150€ to host 3 simple sites) this pricing seems a bit odd as it becomes exponential more expensive than a simple VM doing the same job (VM ~50€, AppService ~50€ per site).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add additional locations in Latin America

We do a fair bit of business in Latin America, mostly in Panama, Argentina, Peru and Chile. Unfortunately the only Azure instance in the region is in Brazil which we can't use. Can we get another instance in one of these other countries, preferably Peru or Chile? Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Issues with Azure Pricing Calculator

I want to compare price of AWS instance + EBS to the equivalent on Azure. This Instance page (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/#Linux) refers to DS instances. Those don't show up in the calculator. There is no page I can find on DS instances. I also am trying to figure out how to add basic vs premium (SSD) storage to the calculator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CREST API, standardize unit of measure please!

Hi,
    I'm working through the MSDN documentation (bad) located here:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/partnercenter/mt427350.aspx

I pulled the list of all Azure metered items from the API. I'm now looking at how to pull this into our financial system. I did a quick query to see how to bring in the units of measure, the “unit” field returned seems to be inconsistent and not well understood.

In the dataset I get from your API you return units that ranges from “1M Queries” and “1,000,000s” [seconds? Nope, transactions] and “1,000s” or “1000s”? This seems a little messy and not managed. Building an API into this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. assigning Database or Storage Containers to each user's in AAD

We want to avoid coding to manage customer's folder, storage container or database instance. Please implement a way to allow us assign specific resources to specific user without coding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a tier that only charges for CPU cycles used, not idle cycles

Many instances are mostly idle; and surely your underlying VM technology can use those idle cycles for running other people's jobs.

Instead of charging for the idle CPU cycles, create a pricing tier that charges more for CPU cycles that are actually used, and less for ones where machines are idle.

This would be useful for very bursty workloads.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide means to create, maintain and duplicate application environments consisting of different Azure components

Currently it is cumbersome to deploy multiple instances of the same application (called environments in rest of document) in Microsoft Azure and to maintain the configurations of these different instances.

The application has one web and one worker role, one database, and two storage accounts (one for ap data and one for diagnostics data).

The identical and complete application is deployed in several environments to allow for development testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, and performance testing. One of environments is called the production environment which is the actual released application used by the end users.

We are experiencing two problems…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support should be included for free for "break-fix" issues

I pay several hundred dollars a month for hosting on Azure. I would expect to be able to file a support ticket when, for instance, the hosting interface (Azure Portal) has bugs and doesn't work as advertised. Overall, a great service that has worked extraordinarily well for me...but I believe that "break-fix" issues as they are described in the FAQ should be addressed without additional paid support. I was attempting to bind SSL certificates in the Preview Portal - it just flat out wouldn't work. Luckily, I was able to perform the action in the "old" portal. I realize that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow WebJob to run concurrently

Allow a WebJob to run in parallel on the same machine (controllable via a parameter in the attribute).

Sometimes you need to scale the Website, but often you just need multiple instances of a WebJob to run on the same machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AlwaysOn Listener of AlwaysOn Template VM

1. I hope to assign a reserved IP for AlwaysOn Listener when I create AlwaysOn Template VM.
      Because the IP address that assigned for AlwaysOn Listener release when VM is deallocated,
      I can't use same IP address for login.

2. I hope to select Internal Load Balancer when I create AlwaysOn Template VM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exportable audit log for all actions and changes

It would be extremely useful to have additional audit logs available on the Azure management portal with focus on exact deployments times of cloud services/web sites, starting/stopping/swapping times of instances etc.

In a bigger company this is important to be able to track changes even if they were done not through our own scripts and processes but through the Azure management portal. For these it would be essential to have an export feature as well - at least for the last few months.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a better way in console to bring up G5

We tried to bring up a G5 instance through the console. However after numerous attempts we still failed to bring up the G5 instance with timeout issue during provisioning. And even though G5 instance was not running successfully, our credit was still being charged. After filing a new billing ticket (couldn't file a technical one without a support plan), Support staff from Azure was able to figure out the issue where we have to set up the cloud service first before creating the G5 VM since G5 is only available in dedicated service. Here is our suggestion:

1) Do not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create D0 and D0.5 optimised compute pricing steping stones

We have a lot of users signing up to our service daily and are struggling with processes that can time-out on the A0 or A1 cloud services on azure due to the CPU performance.

We only need 768mb of ram so going to an A1 actually is not that cost efficient for us, and certainty an A2 is definitely not effective - basically we need to scale out to many small, but fast instances.

The D1 series CPU's are 60% faster but also have SSD plus more disk and ram than we nee, and (I assume) aren't core shared. These…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Azure Antimalware Stick to Slot in Cloud Services

Currently, every time I create a new staging slot and swap with production, I have to set up a new instance of Azure Antimalware on the production slot through PowerShell. This is somewhat annoying, especially since its possible to forget to enable the Antimalware after every new deployment. I looked around and it seems that I might be able to create a startup task to set up the Antimalware for me; however, I think there is an issue that I can't seem to get around.

The Set-AzureServiceAntimalwareExtension requires a paramenter "slot", which can be either "Production" or "Staging". Now, the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For planned maintenance updates

"The maintenance window is 12 hours, but each instance will be affected for 30-45 minutes"

For planned maintenance updates, is it possible to get a notification that the service (Virtual Machine) will be restarted within 30 minutes?

It would be great to have that function, then it is possible to prepare the machine to reboot and avoid downtime under the entire maintenance window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have two or three abandoned active directory instances !

I can't delete them because of the Office 365 application.
    Please fix this !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Error: Internal server error: Remoteapp in Southeast asia

I am trying to create a remoteapp instance in Southeast asia and it keeps failing due to an "Internal Server error". Any ideas what is causing this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Resource's Reservation

Please, return to us our lovely prepaid plans or some equivalents of them! Because otherwise AWS often wins, when you decided between their reserved instances pricing and your on-demand pricing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Reservations

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base