Azure Reservations

1. Add an offering kind of RI but for Storage

Customer is asking to add a prepaid reserved storage account, so they can pay a fee for a term and save money like in IaaS RI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Read the text in Images does not work for major currency symbols

Namastey Sir,

While I am analyzing text obtained from the 'Read text in images', I was not able to find ₹ , but ocr engines somehow replaced ₹ with 3 and in some instances with 4.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/computer-vision/?v=18.05

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Permit Internet browsing via Point-to-Site VPN via an Azure DC instance

I'd like to be able to create a VPN-Gateway which will permit a Point to Site VPN connection where the Site traffic will be routed over the VPN (easily done via routing tables on client) but then be able to access the Internet from the Azure VPN-Gateway DataCenter (DC) as configured.

For example, a site-to-vpn connecting to the US West2 DC then being able to browse the Internet from the US West2 DC. We use similar services with consumer grade VPN gateways for testing application performance; however their performance / reliability fluctuates.

I did open a support ticket on this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fusion and simplify method paiment with portal azure and account azure

I would like to know when you are going to improve the payment methods and the merger of invoices linked to the azure portal and to the website account.windowsazure.com/subscriptions/billinghistory etc ...

it is really necessary that you manage automatic transfers for:
    - Payments on use
    - the reservation of machines
    - the support develop

it's impossible for me to find in the site "account.windowsazure.com" the invoices of the reservations of machines with 1 year/ 3 years Invoices when paid by billing are not updated, this leads to inconsistencies in the regulations to be made.

It 's not possible to switch…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hawthorn

Business Name:
    Hawthorn
    Owner Name:
    Chadwick Baumbach
    Business Address:
    46 Geary St
    San Francisco ,CA
    Phone Number:
    415-693-9255
    Business Email:
    info@hawthornsf.com
    Website URL:
    https://hawthornsf.com
    Keywords:
    night club San Francisco lounge SF San Francisco nightlife
    Description:
    Hawthorn is a unique hybrid space combining an upscale
    lounge and a custom sound system night club. Just a few blocks from Union Square this space is great for private events small bites after work or a lively Friday / Saturday Night. Guest list table reservations or bottle service available upon request.
    Hours:
    Tues - Wed: 5pm-12am
    Thurs - Fri: 5pm-2am
    Sat: 9pm-2am

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow constrained core VM sizes to be reserved.

SQL server virtual machines require a higher RAM/CPU ratio than can be supplied using the standard VM sizes. Constrained CPU sizes were introduced to address this issue (eg E8-4). Since the standard E and D series machines can be reserved please also allow the CPU constrained versions to be reserved so we can control the cost of SQL server VMs.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Business Name: Hawthorn Owner Name: Chadwick Baumbach Business Address: 46 Geary St San Francisco ,CA 94108 Phone Number: 415-693-9255 Busin

Business Name:
    Hawthorn
    Owner Name:
    Chadwick Baumbach
    Business Address:
    46 Geary St
    San Francisco ,CA
    Phone Number:
    415-693-9255
    Business Email:
    info@hawthornsf.com
    Website URL:
    https://hawthornsf.com
    Keywords:
    night club San Francisco lounge SF San Francisco nightlife
    Description:
    Hawthorn is a unique hybrid space combining an upscale
    lounge and a custom sound system night club. Just a few blocks from Union Square this space is great for private events small bites after work or a lively Friday / Saturday Night. Guest list table reservations or bottle service available upon request.
    Hours:
    Tues - Wed: 5pm-12am
    Thurs - Fri: 5pm-2am
    Sat: 9pm-2am

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Webpage is loading the same contents multiple times one below the other

Hi Team., Actually this comes under the web developing part. I am using Azure calculator to calculate the cost of Virtual Machines. But after clicking Virtualmachines->View, the same page is loading multiple times one below the other, so i am getting confused to get the cost.. Because the selection of Region,OS,Type and Instances reflect only in one page,.. Can you please check it and do the needfull?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Azure Reserved Instances exchange - portal update

Today on update FAQs
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/reserved-vm-instances/ you can find information that customer can exchange RI VMs. However after selecting "exchange" regular ticket is opened & there is support feedback by mail, that exchange is not supported now (only cancellation). I do believe that FAQs should be updated as well as opening ticket also should pop up additional information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to see the VMs that got the Reservation (RIs) under All Resources>Reservations>ReservationsID

It's time consuming to follow the below document to find the VMs that got the reservations.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/billing/billing-understand-reserved-instance-usage

We request you to make this feature available under All Resources>Reservations>ReservationsID. Right now it shows the Usage but it doesn't show the VMs that got the reservation or which VMs are using the RIs purchased.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pricing calculator - Reserved VM Instances. When choosing "1/3 year reserved" with Windows OS selected, the total price shows but "the e-yea

Pricing calculator - make calculating Reserved VM Instances & OS separately possible
    When choosing "1/3 year reserved" with Windows OS selected, the total price shows but "the e-year reserved VM" and "monthly paid OS" are all combined. It would be appreciated if the two can be shown as separated. (When customer orders Azure MC, they would like to know how much is paid at the point of reservation and how much is monthly fee)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fast floating IP or faster load balancer probes

Currently the only way to implement a solution equivalent to floating IP is by using an internal HA load balancer (with floating IP). That provides a solution that is somewhat similar to a floating IP but at the cost of an extra load balancer and with an IP interchange time of 5-15s. Ideally we would like to implement a floating IP by moving an alias IP between 2 HA instances but if we need to use the load balancer could it be possible to add probes parameters?
    For example after a probe failure send the second probe faster, or after…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reserved instance

currently there azure does not show the payment status (Paid /Due ) in the portal. It gets difficult to track which invoice is paid and wpecifically when it was paid.
    Thi sis something very basic and Microsft should have included it much earlier.

It is frustrating to track the invoices manually. there is no online banking as well.... strangely the worlds biggest software company does not allow online payments.. sad state.
    alsothere is no provision to buy a reserved instance in India... Are you trying to discriminate ..?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hope LUIS recognizes the all currencies as money

LUIS has the built-in entity like money but it is tightly connected to the locale. For instance, LUIS does not recognizes 30 dollars as money in ja_JP locale. It only recognizes 30 yen as money. However, some countries that we have customer uses multiple currency for the payments. Peru and Turkey uses their own currency and EUR, USD or GBP. We can pay by one of the currencies even it is a small shop. We will be very happy if LUIS recognizes the all currencies as money with 3-charactor currency code.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. filter resources based on tags as a tree view

Allow to filter resources based on tags as a tree view (for instance, I want a sub category under resourcegroups, that could be done using tags but I would like that to be presented as a tree view with a sub category under the resourcegroup based on any tag)

This view should be the same for all that uses that Resourcegroup (to be selected as a view to be shared with all or not)

For instance:
    MG
    |
    SUB
    |
    RG
    |
    tag:SubGroup
    |
    tag: SubSubGroup

And all should be able to see the same view...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix Reservations IAM

As the Account Administrator for my enrolment, I have no view of RIs which have been provisioned under the enrolment by default unless “Owner” access is explicitly provided by the “Contributor” who purchased the RI.

In effect, I have no ability to manage RI resources by default; and I may potentially not even know of their existence until I receive the quarterly invoice.

Please make the RIs accessible as per the standard IAM policy which applies to all other Azure resources (ie. Account and Service Administrators by default can view).

The Azure Doc (link below) states that "By default, the…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wrong information in Azure RI FAQ

In the FAQ section, on the Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instances overview page, there is a term used that I believe is incorrect and confusing that should be updated/fixed.

Here is the website I’m referring to - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/reserved-vm-instances/

Here is the current FAQ item:
    “Can I use RIs for suppressed core VM and PROMO VM Sizes?
    Suppressed Core and PROMO VMs sizes are not eligible for RI benefit at this time.”

The problem is, there is no such thing as “suppressed core VM sizes”, specifically. I believe this should be replaced with “Constrained vCPU capable VM sizes” - which is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Verification at the APIM level of Access via an AAD group

When I visit the users list inside the APIM area in the Azure portal, it shows the users and any local groups they are a member of (local groups being developers and other groups created only on the AMS instance). Would it be possible to also show, or at least call out the method for visibility and verification that members of an AAD group also have appropriate access as users in the APIM - listing the AAD groups they are members of might help here.
    Currently we have to trust that the provided group access (visible via Active Directory in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Want to modify scale-in rule of VMSS (want to remove deallocated instance first)

I know that VM scale set(VMSS) removes instances evenly across update domains and fault domains. However, I want to customize the scale-in rule, like remove deallocated instance first.
    Hope there will be the function which realize above.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Reservations

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base