Azure Reservations

1. Make VM reservations visiable to all Owners and not just the Account administrator and purchaser

By design only the Account administrator and purchaser can see the reservation. Make the reservation visible to the Owners group at least or even as read only for everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Invoices should generate immediately on purchase of Reserved Instances

There is delay in application discount and cost planning for companies is distorted due to invoice generation delays

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Reserved instances for charity sponsorship

It would be great if charities with sponsorship could use those credits to buy reserved instances.

I get why reserving more than 1 year is problematic and that as a non paying consumer getting services cheaper means more for free, but you are very generous with the credit amount anyway, allowing charities to use those credits smarter would have a greater impact and social benefit all round.

We use our credits to host our websites, service desk and evaluation tools built on a free cPanel license, reserved instances would allow us to load balance that out and use Azure for…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please clarify the reserved instance process. To say old reserved instance credited back and the new reserved instance can then be purchased

Have the reserved instance say that the previous reserved instance that is no longer needed to be used is credited back to the customer, then it can be used toward the new reserved instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow Microsoft Sponsored Subscriptions the same privileges as the same as pay-as-you-go subscriptions

Currently, when a Microsoft Sponsored Subscription ends, the customer is converted to a Pay-as-you-go subscription. Unfortunately, the sponsored subscriptions do not have the same privileges as pay-as-you-go subscriptions, thus can't truly evaluate the platform. If they were the same, it would allow people to properly experiment with the service and become more familiar with the actual usage rates they would expect when they move to a true pay-as-you-go plan.

Specifically, I am trying to utilize Reserved Instances, a feature of Azure that would help me better understand my monthly billing rate. This feature isn't available to sponsored accounts, and as…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reserved Instances for Hong Kong

Please make Reserved Instances available in Hong Kong.

HK has been on an exclusion list that is very well hidden and as a result, budgeting cannot be accurately done by businesses. The pricing calculator does not take into account the location of the subscription, only the location of the resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Payment Option in Reservation

if we have payment option on Reservation like in AWS, it will be good for large instance payment. for example- i have H-Series instance and wanted reserved it for 3 year which will cost approx USD $12K. which is huge amount. if we have option to pay in monthly base that would be good.
    you can make different charges for every options. eg. for H8 effective price PAYG = US$1.62/hours than,

No upfront: US $1.60/hours
    Partial Upfront" 50% as partial payment and 50% in hours base (US$ 1.00/hours)
    All upfront: Full payment in Advance US$0.60/hours

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More Price Checklists for different scenarios

We need many more comprehensive pricing checklists - particularly for Azure VMs. There is no indication when adding different services what the price is (if any). I have already been caught out by the VM OS disk which I thought was included in VM price and my first static IP address which I thought was free - only to find out that reservation is free and usage must be paid for. I didn't realise my mistake until I accidentally found the VM price checklist on the Petri site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Goegraphical availability list

Can we have a comprehensive table of the Countries where RI VM's are not available yet?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customers can buy Azure Reserved VM Instances

Make it possible that customers who are in CSP can buy Azure Reserved VM Instances themselves. Now they have to contact the CSP partner.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make limitations of free tier more apparent during sign up

The AKS landing page has a "Start free" button that will sign up new users and get them into a free trial account. From here it's possible to go all the way through requesting a cluster, including submission of the job and successful provisioning of an API. The node provisioning fails bc the default 3 node cluster with the only available instance type would exceed quota limits. Getting so far through the process to find out that quotas are the limitation and then that the workaround is to upgrade from the free trial to a paid plan or try a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Billing - RI can be filtered down to subscription level

Please provide the function to see purchased RI not only on EA level.
    Its necessary to make the purchase of RI down to subscription level. (in our case: organisation with more than 20 subscriptions and RI purchased scope for single)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. fix portal login bugs

I have been directed to this forum by the support team. It would be awesome if the bugs regarding logging in to the portal could be fixed. This especially affects the safari browser. When returning to a previous session some time later, the portal usually just shows the azure loading screen. After quite a while the request times out and an error message is shown: "Hmmm...
    Sorry, the portal took a long time to load. Click 'Try again' to reload.
    Looks like something went wrong"

This bug seems to be already known as support recommends to use private mode when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Offer B-Series ala carte CPU credits priced based on current demand "spot market"

I have B-Series virtual machines that most of the time have plenty of CPU credits in reserve, but about twice a month I need 12-24 hours of use at nearly 100% CPU. It would be nice to have the option purchasing additional CPU credits as opposed to reprovisioning at some higher level of service for that short period of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow a reservation to be moved to a VM in a different AAD

I had setup a virtual machine and was testing over a period of a few weeks with a colleague. We needed to keep it up 24 hours a day and were pretty sure this machine was going to be in use for the long term, so I purchased a Reserved Instance to lower the cost.

As we continued our testing, it became obvious we needed to apply Azure Active Directory for increased security and management of users and groups. The VM was associated with the default AAD and after evaluating, I decided it should be in a separate AAD.

After…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. customize virtual machine

why i can't customize virtual machine without related to current plans(or packages).
    let
    i need reserve vm with Bs8 (8 cores , 32 ram ) change to (12 cores ,16 ram )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Offer reserved instances for vCPU Constrained VMs

Currently vCPU constrained VMs eg E16-8s_v3 are not available for Reserved Instance purchases - which seems quite unfair since we're already paying full price for the VM...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase from 4 to 8 vCore for testing out SQL Managed Instance while being in Trial Period

I think Azure should increase vCore limit from 4 to 8 so that user can create SQL Managed Instance for testing purpose while being in trial period. Currently, there is no way to test it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In India there is strong demand for reserved Azure price

Please enable option of reserved Azure price in India and Saudi Arabia. Market is demanding the same.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to roleback deployments done using ARM templates

When deployments are done using ARM templates, currently there is no way to remove that deployment and all associated resources. While MS seems to suggest " All of the resources in your group should share the same life cycle" there are instances this is not always the case. Would be good to be able to see all deployments (deployment history) in the portal and be able to select and remove all resource associated to selected deployment (like AWS cloud formation)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Reservations

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base