Cross region move for Azure resources

1. Change geographical region for a given resource

A while back, you did not have a data centre in the UK, so I deployed all my resources to the North Europe region as that was the nearest. Now you do have a UK region, but all my resources are in the North Europe data centre. To migrate everything closer to home, is a real pain in the back side at the moment. Please provide an easy way to migrate across data centres difference resources such as Web Apps, Databases, Storage containers, etc.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We are working on a new capability that will allow customers to move Azure resources from one region to another. Could you please fill out this small survey so that we can find out more details on your requirements and assist you with your ask soon :)

aka.ms/region-move-survery

Cheers,
    Rajani,
    Program Manager – Azure Team

2. Migrate existing VM & cloud service from one region to other region without delete existing VM & cloud service

Migrate existing VM & cloud service from one region to other region without delete existing VM & cloud service

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allowing copy of Azure Managed Image from one region to another region

Customer needs an API copy and share images between subscriptions, regions etc. as is in AWS. This is such a basic task, but a lot of overhead is introduced by not allowing this simple administrative task. You also make it very difficult to adopt presence in multiple regions or share work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move to different region

allow to change the resource location

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to take a VM or any other resource, and clone it to another resource group.

The ability to take an already set up VM and clone it to deploy it to another Resource group, or even clone another resource group with the ability to change the names of each resource during the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Simple move resources to another region

It should be possible to move a resource, like a virtual machine from west europe to USA, without regenerating the resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow change of region

This is a big problem, especially because in my case the region was set by default and it is wrong. ... anyway ... people move sometimes....

And it becomes even bigger because the systems enforces a payment method based on that same location ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow region transfer of all services, the ability to do so should be in the Azure portal

at this time you can't move any networking(like VPN Gateways) services to other regions, you should be able to move any service to any region and it should be as easy as moving subscription in the azure portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi Team, i am working in azure for multiple customer ,as we are trying to launch VM from the image from one region to another region i

Hi Team, i am working in azure for multiple customer ,as we are trying to launch VM from the image from one region to another region its not happening.

do we have any thing to change the Vm image from one region to another region is that possible ..if it is possible let know ...can we able to do through azure powershell.

do let me know.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. enable the Azure Computer name when migrating VMs between regions

I have just migrated some Azure VMs from the North Europe region to the UK South region. All VMs work fine but the Computer name is empty. I have spoken to Microsoft and they have said it is a limitation with the Azure architecture. Could this please be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Cross region move for Azure resources

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base