Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure App Configuration

Azure App Configuration provides a service to centrally manage application settings. Store all your application configurations and secure their accesses in one place. Consume configuration data easily in multiple application run-time environments or a CI/CD pipeline. Use the service from any programming language.

More details about this service are available in the Azure App Configuration documentation.   

1. app config reference

azure key vault supports something called azure key vault references, where you can simply use the app settings for a function app or app service to point to a secret in key vault without having to change anything about your app. You just replace the previous value in app settings with the key vault reference. It would be nice if app configuration had something similar, to replace existing values in app settings with a reference to an app configuration value.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Service + APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Geo-replication for App Configuration.

Allow Geo-replication to achieve high availability and performance benefits.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service + APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration with Azure Api Management

Please integrate the Azure App Configuration with Azure Api Management. It would be so nice to be able to manage all of those named values and secrets in app configuration instead of the api management.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Function App Consumption Plan in Azure Government

The point of the Azure Function App is to be a "serverless, consumption based service". We use the consumption service plan on the normal Azure cloud. How about for the Government cloud?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support the default Public and Private Endpoint at the same time

Currently if you enable a Private Endpoint there is no option to access App Configuration over the default public endpoint.

Sql, Key Vault, Acr and other services implementing Private Endpoint, don't have this limitation.

This results in that we need to update all clients/systems/management tools connecting to App Configuration to be in the Vnet at the same time. This makes a transition to Private Endpoints for App Configuration currently impossible in our situation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow option to set Authentication method in the ARM template

The Authentication method defaults to Access Keys when creating a Azure App Configuration via Portal or ARM template. There isn’t any property available to specify the Authentication Method. Even though a user managed identity is used from code perspective any one can go to the portal and manage the data for configuration and feature. Only way to restrict this is to manually use portal to switch to Azure AD link. This doesn't help with automation and infra as code.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Consumption (Pay As You Go) Pricing Tier

The standard pricing is way too high for services like seldom used azure functions etc, having even 5 would end up costing over $100 a month. A Pay as You go or consumption tier would be ideal for these use cases

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Extend undocumented export label to use precedence

Currently, a undocumented feture of the CLI az appconfig kv export command is that --label parameter can be a comma separated list. i.e. if I sepcify '--label \0,mylabel', then all settings from both null label and mylabel will be returned. Currently, if there is any overlap, then it fails.

Github feedback on the undocumented feature here: https://github.com/Azure/azure-cli/issues/18845

Ideally, it should use an order of precedence (maybe right to left) so that in the above example, all null-labelled items that have a matching myLabel item are overwritten by the myLabel item. this is like the SDK works for configuration. This would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to run Set-AzureADApplicationProxyApplicationCusomDomainCertificate When logged in as a ServicePrincipal

I’ve recently come across an issue where I’m running a server that’s utilising LetsEncrypt for its ssl certificate. I’ve got the server automatically renewing its SSL certificate, however as I’m using the Application Proxy with AzureAD, I’d like to be able to automatically upload the new certificate to the Azure Application using a ServicePrincipal login.

Currently I’m getting an error message stating “NotAdminRoleEnoughCustomPermission_UnauthoisedAccess” however I’ve been told by Microsoft Support that currently there’s no way to automate this using an SPN, so would like to see this ability added as a feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Logic App Support

Creating a connector that could be used with logic app would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base