Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure App Configuration

Azure App Configuration provides a service to centrally manage application settings. Store all your application configurations and secure their accesses in one place. Consume configuration data easily in multiple application run-time environments or a CI/CD pipeline. Use the service from any programming language.

More details about this service are available in the Azure App Configuration documentation.   

1. RBAC for the APP configuration

I am looking for the way to provide read-only access for a user where a user can only see the key-value pair in configuration explorer.

I tried providing App configuration data reader role to the user but it is not working.

I logged Microsoft ticket and the following reply came

"azure app configuration does not support AAD authentication for App Configuration data access"
    please suggest what we can do about it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Key vault secret reference not working in App Service with system assigned identity in Azure AD Group with role-based access control

Setup:

• Key vault using role-based access control
    • App Service
      • System assigned identity
      • Configuration setting using reference to key vault secret
    • Function App
      • System assigned identity
      • Configuration setting using reference to key vault secret
    • Azure AD Group with app service's and function app's identities as members
      • Assigned with role "Key Vault Secrets User" in key vault

With this setup the key vault references resolves successfully in the Function App. In the App Service it won't resolve with the error AccessToKeyVaultDenied.

If I add the App Service identity explicitly with the "Key Vault Secrets User" role, the key vault reference resolves…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When buying a domain it doesn't fail to deploy so you can't use it or even cancel it with the registrar since the invoice isn't paid.

As above. Don't let customers get into this situation then offer no help unless you pay a fee.

I am now complete unable to use the domain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Go Command Line Application Testing Tool

I have a CLI developed in Go that automates the AWS devops platform. This app parses commands from a 'YML' and does build, deploy etc.

I want to test this at a high level through some automation process, other than writing bash scripts. Is there a Framework or tools that I can use to automate this process?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. App Configuration Nuget package is not compatible with AzureAppServiceAuthentication 1.2.0

The current nuget package uses methods without cancellation tokens that were deprecated in AzureAppServiceAuthentication 1.2.0. So you have to use 1.0.3 in order to leverage managed identity auth to app configuration. But 1.0.3 doesn't support user assigned identities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base