Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Kinect DK

Azure Kinect DK is a developer kit and PC peripheral with advanced artificial intelligence (AI) sensors for sophisticated computer vision and speech models. It combines a best-in-class depth sensor and a spatial microphone array with a video camera and orientation sensor—all in one small device with multiple modes, options, and SDKs.

You can also learn  our collaboration and triage process here: https://github.com/microsoft/Azure-Kinect-Sensor-SDK/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Body tracking on HoloLens2.

My team needs to implement body tracking on the HoloLens2.
    Will MS release a market standard that works on HL2 or will we have to engineer our own solution?
    Love the idea of how it could be done Chris posted on GitHub: https://github.com/microsoft/Azure-Kinect-Sensor-SDK/issues/1253
    Would very much appreciate knowing whether or not there will be a solution provided by MS so my team doesn't have to waste time running in front of the train.
    Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  body tracking sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow to access phase/ amplitude and raw data for Azure kinect depth image

I can't find to access the raw data of the depth image(amplitude/phase) for Azure Kinect. I know Microsoft provides a depth engine for Azure Kinect sensor SDK. However, in my research area, I have to access the raw data of the depth map. Please make a way to access the raw data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  sensor sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Debian Stretch and Buster

Can I please request support on Debian Stretch and Debian Buster?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  sensor sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spatial Capture

We have customers who would like us to be able to capture very high-fidelity 3D scans of architecture / real estate.
    This would be used to preview / sell the spaces to customers who are unable to physically visit the locations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  sensor sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Start selling Azure Kinect DK in Korea

In South Korea, RGB-D cameras are used in various fields
    and our company has made products using Kinect v2.
    We are going to apply Azure Kinect to our new products.
    However, the product has not been released in Korea yet.
    Please start selling Azure Kinect DK in Korea!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GreenScreen Sample in CSharp with multiple Kinect

Thanks for the greenscreen sample and also for the SegmentColor CSharp sample.

Can you provide a CSharp sample for the greenscreen (with multiple kinect support)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hololens 2 build of Kinect SDK (with depth information) and its Body Tracking SDK

I need to reconstruct the point cloud on Hololens 2, but it appears that there are no UWP ARM64 builds available for the Azure Kinect SDK and its Body Tracking SDK. Please do make them available ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  sensor sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The Depth Engine for older version of GLIBC

The Depth Engine for Ubuntu requires GLIBC 2.27 which is not available in my distribution (OpenSUSE 42.3). Is it be possible that there will be a Depth Engine for the older version of GLIBC?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  sensor sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Track the lower body only

I'm in the UK and haven't had a chance to test the system yet. The Kinect only worked with a full body skeleton - it couldn't track if it couldn't see the upper body.

I'm doing gait analysis and can only see the lower body - does the current system work with lower body only? If not, please add it :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  body tracking sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Start shipping to México...

Would be awesome if there's no need to find a way around restrictions to develop for your plattaforrm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. External hw trigger with custom frequency

Hello,

I need to build a prototype system with a Kinect capturing images on request at very low but non-constant frequency, ~1Hz +- 50%. In other words the capture frequency will be always in the range [0.5 - 1.5] Hz.

I see that the sensor can be configured with external trigger through the jack port but from the sdk documentation looks like the allowed frequency is constrained to be 30, 15, 5 fps.

...is there any workaround to have the sensor capture single images exactly on command at a different rate?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  sensor sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Want to purchase

Hello, would love to be able to purchase the Kinects. When will it be available?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Person detection and tracking from a top view angle

Is the Azure able to detect and track people in a top down view?
    I need to use it in a dark room setting so color information will not be available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  body tracking sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please support RTX 30XX cards

or update your system requirements for the Kinect (Body) SDK !!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Body tracking for head first postures

I am starting my master thesis on detecting a gymnastic routine (parallel-bar), However, for now, as soon as the shoulders are below the hips, the body is not detected anymore. Which is needed for e.g. a handstand.
    I would like to change that and retrain the deep neural network by providing the needed data. Can I somehow participate and improve the .onnx file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Best compatible GPU for body tracking?

Which is the best Nvidia GPU currently supported by the body tracking SDK? I tried with an RTX 3070 but the program gets stuck on creation of the tracker object unless I run it in CPU mode (which works but is slow). Upon searching online, I found out that this is a common issue with the RTX 30 series card. Before I buy a new card, I just want to make sure it's compatible.

Body tracking SDK: v1.0.0
    Nvidia Driver version for 3070: Tried with both 455 and 460

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  body tracking sdk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Body track sdk on Ubuntu16.04

I find that the ubuntu18.04 is the only supported distribution, could you provide the distribution for Ubuntu16.04?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please allow us to purchase Azure Kinect DK in South Korea

Hi,

I contacted Microsoft Sales and they said that Azure Kinect DK was not available in South Korea.
    I would like to grow my company's business using Azure Kinect DK.
    My company has developed VMS which measures volume of parcels for logistics automation. Our customers are mostly parcel shipping company and postal center. They need VMS for their business.
    Since I heard from Microsoft South Korea that Microsoft did not have any plan to launch the Azure Kinect DK. I leave this feedback to get any help regarding this issue. My company's VMS product has been approved by our partners…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. nixos

A nixos derivation, please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Kinect DK

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base