Azure Service Health

Azure Service Health provides personalized alerts and guidance when Azure service issues affect you. It can notify you, help you understand the impact of service incidents, and keep you updated as the incident is resolved. It can also help you prepare for planned maintenance and changes that could affect the availability of your resources. Access a personalized dashboard. Set up targeted notifications. Receive guidance and support. Share details and updates easily. Visit Azure Service Health in the Azure portal and learn more details about this service in the Azure Service Health documentation

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show if any application is effected by service level health problem

Today (02/22/2013.) there was a global problem effecting storage access via https. These changes effected a part of our application. It took our team a large amount of time to figure out the problem was not with our current application and changes we made on it recently, but was due to a global service problem. The management portal worked perfectly, all systems seamed to be live, and we where able to access the storage via http from our local environement (because that was the predefined protocol in our settings). But one of our runtime applications had a https connection string…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are now a few ways to understand service health events:
    1. All service health incidents are recorded in the Azure Activity Log, scoped to incidents that impact resources in your subscription.
    2. In the Azure Portal, under the “Monitor” blade there is now a dedicated section for Service Health.
    3. Using Azure Activity Log Alerts you can configure an alert on service health events to receive a notification when any service health incident occurs.

2. Service Health Available API

It's great that subscription level Incident and notifications are flowing into the management portal when I sign in. What about providing the same info in the API so I can integrate it into my own operational systems?

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Service Health Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate Resource Health as an Activity Log alert condition

Since you can create alerts for Service Health It would also be great to have the opportunity to create an Alert based on all- or some resources health state in the Portal. The solution as it is right now, is to use Powershell commands and template files but this isn't very editable and far too complex in my opinion.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clearer Dashboard for Azure Health Status

I just recently learned of the site https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/status/ which has tons of great information for the recent availability status for each service in each region as well as recently reported/resolved issues.

I would like to see this in the Azure Portal under Service Health, or a link to this site because it has very useful information that I wasn't aware was available to me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Resource Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Region category for service health alerts

I would like to filter service health alerts based on the region of the alert. Is this possible currently? Or something you will add to the solution shortly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Service Health Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Impact Service Health on my resources

Display in Service Health the status of my resoyrces per region and the impact of failure in a region

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. service health should have filter for your services

I have the large version of the service health tile on my home screen. I hate when I see flags on it only to find it's an info alert on a service I do not use. It should have a setting to only show alerts for the services you have active in your subscriptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base