Azure Service Health

Azure Service Health provides personalized alerts and guidance when Azure service issues affect you. It can notify you, help you understand the impact of service incidents, and keep you updated as the incident is resolved. It can also help you prepare for planned maintenance and changes that could affect the availability of your resources. Access a personalized dashboard. Set up targeted notifications. Receive guidance and support. Share details and updates easily. Visit Azure Service Health in the Azure portal and learn more details about this service in the Azure Service Health documentation

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List affected resources in health advisories

Currently Virtual Machine Health Advisories sends an e-mail to the subscription administrator informing the affected VMs of the advisory.
    What if the affected resources (virtual machines) were listed in the health advisory itself? Instead of researching for e-mails, the management team can validate info in the portal, and plan migration accordingly instead of waiting for subs admin to find it and share.

Similar approach is already in place for Planned Maintenance, hence this is just a similar improve.

Example of current way it shows in Portal:
    An upcoming hardware update will affect virtual machines (VMs) in East US 2, from…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Roll status up to region

On https://status.azure.com/en-us/status if everything in a region is Good, have the checkmark roll up next to the region name. As is, one has to scroll way down the page in order to verify that everything is good in a region.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ANF alert

ANF is not a seperate service of the Health Alert

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to submit a failure

I would like to be able to submit service health problems from the dashboard as I was unable to open the portal to submit a ticket.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I can't log in to Azure and my web site would not start (it is hosted on Azure)

I can't log in to Azure and my web site would not start (it is hosted on Azure)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include Bookmark links in https://status.azure.com/en-us/status/history/ to point to an specific day or section

Hi

It would be nice to include bookmark links in https://status.azure.com/en-us/status/history/ to point to a particular section/day within the page instead of manually scrolling down looking for the section

something like

https://status.azure.com/en-us/status/history#june02

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Run the Microsoft Flow when the alert happened

I want to run the business workflow of Microsoft Flow when the service health alert happened.
    to add the issue item to the issue management system.
    like ServiceNow, SharePoint list, Dynamics 365 etc.

Currently, Azure IoT Central can run the Microsoft Flow when alert happened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service Health Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate Resource Health as an Activity Log alert condition

Since you can create alerts for Service Health It would also be great to have the opportunity to create an Alert based on all- or some resources health state in the Portal. The solution as it is right now, is to use Powershell commands and template files but this isn't very editable and far too complex in my opinion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. is there a way to select all resource types in resource health

is there a way to select all resource types in resource health instead of selecting the single resource type

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update the service health status site in near real time when issues are detected.

Update the service health status site in near real time when issues are detected.
    Recently my systems experienced an issue with KeyVault in USEast. After open a service ticket I was informed there were issues in this region during the time I was experiencing issues. Even days after the event there is nothing logged on service status via the Azure portal. Having near real time information allows us as customers to better guide our troubleshooting and inform our management. It is less efficient to have us open service tickets to gather this information. Of course, this assumes the service support…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add "Other places you might find out about issues" text to the "Service Health - Service issues" page

A recent problem in UK South made my website / database unworkable. This (surprisingly to me) wasn't reported on the "Service Issues - Service Health" page. It was on the @AzureSupport Twitter feed and might have been on azure.microsoft.com/status. Knowing about these at the time would have saved me much stress and worry.

Please can you add a paragraph advising people that they might like to check these other resources on the "Service Issues - Service Health". page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Aggregate Azure Monitor Alerts in Azure resource health

The idea is to integrate these two. When something happens in monitor it should reflect the health state in Azure Resource Health as well

This is especially interesting when youre integrating with third party tools or develop something from scratch, you can have one API endpoint etc to show health state

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like you to improve Service Health alert notification for specification changes(Planned maintenance)

I would like you to improve Service Health alert notification for specification changes (Planned maintenance),
    and to guide me in a way that users will notice by some means.

<detail of request>
    ・information on changes to specifications has been communicated more than three months prior to the date of change.
    ・If I cannot follow the information from the history, please inform us again just before the specification change. (Currently, If the alert emails were sent before creating a target resource which will be planed maintenance ,
    it could not receive the email which notice about planed maintenance.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service Health Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make data exportable to Power BI or deliverable via API

The service health available to export to powerbi or delivery an api that we can use to export the data to create dashboard for clients.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make network connectivity health of azure datacenters visible on service health gobal map

The service health map shows only the health of the datacenters in all regions. Since azure datacenters are on robust private network, it will be assuring to have information about health of the private network Azure datacenters have with each other. Also, the fact that azure datacenters have dedicated connectivity lines is under advertised.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show Resource Health in the Dashboard

It would be great to be able to show the green tick or red cross from the resource health section on your dashboard for a specific resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Service Health - allow choosing all resource groups

Is it possible to allow the selection of multiple resource groups when selecting services for alert notifications? i.e. alert for service 'storage' in multiple resource groups. Optionally add 'send to service owners' like Monitor options (emails owners, contributors & readers' of RGs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clearer Dashboard for Azure Health Status

I just recently learned of the site https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/status/ which has tons of great information for the recent availability status for each service in each region as well as recently reported/resolved issues.

I would like to see this in the Azure Portal under Service Health, or a link to this site because it has very useful information that I wasn't aware was available to me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Service Health Available API

It's great that subscription level Incident and notifications are flowing into the management portal when I sign in. What about providing the same info in the API so I can integrate it into my own operational systems?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Service Health Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base