Azure Governance

Azure Governance is a portfolio of platform capabilities that helps customers address the need for control at scale without sacrificing developer agility. This includes services like Azure Policy, Azure Blueprints, Azure Resource Graph & Management Groups.

More details about the services are available in the Azure Governance documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow.

Products that we listen to in this space include: Azure Policy, Azure Blueprints, Azure Resource Graph, Azure Subscriptions and Azure Management Groups

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Azure Blueprints with Azure Devops

It would be really helpful to have integration with Azure Devops. Copy pasting arm templates as artifacts is painful. Would like to be able to store my templates in Azure Devops and call them as artifacts from Azure Blueprints

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Azure Blueprints  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Blueprint Powershell management

Managing Azure Blueprints via PowerShell or Azure Cli and not via Rest API. Makes it easier to use it with azure Automation.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Azure Blueprints  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support adding a tag to resource groups created by a blueprint

Today blueprints don't support any way of adding a tag to a created resource group in the UI or the API.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Blueprints  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support using Azure Blueprints without requiring Managment Groups

For customers like us not using Management Groups it is hard to try/use Azure Blueprints.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Azure Blueprints  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Passing output of one template as parameter to dependent template

I have one template where i output some details of resource which i want to pass as parameter to other dependent template. Please let me know if it is possible now or will be added in future.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a strongType for an AAD Principal ID

When creating role assignments via an Azure Blueprint, it would be extremely helpful to have a strongType that would allow the selection of one or more AAD Principal IDs. This would provide a much better user experience when deploying a Role Assignment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be done today. We need to publish docs for this, but we support three strong types today:

• principalId

It will go inside of the metadata property of your parameter declaration like this:

“principalIds”: { “type”: “string”, “metadata”: { “displayName”: “Principal IDs”, “strongType”: “PrincipalId” } },
  7. Open Source the sample Blueprints

Is the blueprint available on GitHub at all?

I have taken the blueprint as a foundation for my "data centre in a box" template but, I have no way of seeing if there have been any changes to the MS provided one and if there are, what changes were made.

Cheers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Blueprints  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. JSON object support in parameters to arm templates

I'm using json objects to pass things like subnet configurations, tags and nsg rules into a vnet template. When I add a artificat the GUI only supports string/integers as parameters. My suggestion is to make it possible to upload a complex parameter file in the same way as the template is added. That way I won't need to "dumb down" my parameter files and hard code things in my templates. I would then also have the option to use string parameters for simple templates and object for more complex ones when I add them to blueprints.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Azure Blueprints  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Azure Blueprints  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base