How can we improve Azure Governance?

Allow Automatic Remediation of deployIfNotExists templates

What it says on the tin... deployIfNotExists should have an option to automatically remediate the issue by deploying the appropriate resources. (and/or automatically creating and running the remediation task)

43 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Anonymous,

like Azure Governance Team already mentioned, there is auto-remediate already in place. I think what you are looking for is auto-remediate for resources, which have been deployed before your deployIfNotExists policy were enabled. In this case, Azure Policy Compliance just indicates that there's something not compliant and you have to remediate manually. But all resources which are deployed after you enabled your policy will be auto-remediated in case of not compliant state.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Anonymous,like Azure Governance Team already mentioned, there is auto-remediate already in place. I think what you are looking for is auto-remediate for resources, which have been deployed before your deployIfNotExists policy were enabled. In this case, Azure Policy Compliance just indicates that there's something not compliant and you have to remediate manually. But all resources which are deployed after you enabled your policy will be auto-remediated in case of not compliant state.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, exactly that: automatically remediate existing resources in addition to newly-created or updated resources.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also created a deployIfNotExists job. I can manually select Remediate and it works as expected, but it does not automatically remediate. Is there something that needs to be added to the template or is this not possible?

Feedback and Knowledge Base