Azure Governance

Azure Governance is a portfolio of platform capabilities that helps customers address the need for control at scale without sacrificing developer agility. This includes services like Azure Policy, Azure Blueprints, Azure Resource Graph & Management Groups.

More details about the services are available in the Azure Governance documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow.

Products that we listen to in this space include: Azure Policy, Azure Blueprints, Azure Resource Graph, Azure Subscriptions and Azure Management Groups

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Policy - Export compliance report to CSV

Add an export to CSV button to the policy compliance screen. The Policy screens can be quite cluttered and clunky. But I can get compliance data from multiple assignments at once. I would like to be able to then export that compliance data so that I can slice and dice the data, augment the data and steward compliance (say in a new policy roll-out) from Excel.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generate Alert when there is an audit on deployment.

I've got a customer who wants to be informed via mail when a VM or a service is deployed outside the EU due to GDPR requirements.

He wants to deploy those compontents in a separate resource group, where there is the allowed locations policy is attached but with the audit action instead of the deny action

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show user friendly message when Azure Policy does not meet compliance

We have created custom policy which checking tags existence when a user creates a new resource group. The policy works great.

But we have faced unexpected behavior. When we tried to create a new resource group for test purposes (without tags) we had an uninformative error (Unexpected error while creating the resource group.).
    We think some people might have a misunderstanding about this message (From this message they won’t understand why they cannot create a new resource group).
    We investigated this issue but have not found trouble in the policy itself therefore right now we think it is an azure…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow more rich symbols while using Match in Policy definition

I am using Management groups and wanted to roll out multiple naming policy.
    I have various clients hence thought of a consistent manner to support and organize Resource groups/Resources in a consistent way. i.e <Cleint>-<Prod/Dev>-RGP-<Name>.
    So it would sort out like
    CL1-PROD-RGP-MyFirstRG
    CL1-PROD-RGP-AnotherOne
    CL2-DEV-RGP-NNNN
    CL3-PROD-RGP-aaa

but unfortunately found that match could not support a symbol which would represent letter or number in same symbol. Details can be seen in the closed feedback thread on the following page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-policy/scripts/allow-multiple-name-patterns

It would really help enforce a consistent naming convention.
    Not sure how fast help can arrive from MS?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Azure Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base