Azure Data Explorer

1. Persist client color highlight settings between query runs

If I run a query and highlight the rows based on certain conditions, I would like those highlight settings to be persisted so I don't need to re-create them each time that I run this query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support ADX into Azure ARC data Services

Support ADX into Azure ARC data Services

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make sum() and sumif() "nullable"

Include an option in sum() and sumif() like this: Foo = sum(Bar, nullable). The "nullable" option causes a sum of null values to be null rather than zero. A sum of null and non-null values would sum the non-null values, returning a number. The use case: to detect the total absence of data (all rows null) in an aggregation. This is important for telemetry applications (e.g., error counts) where zero is the "good" value. This feature would allow us to easily distinguish between the total absence of data, and the presence of some measurements whose value is zero. (I have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AADLoginForLinux/Windows getting failed to install

Installing AADLogin extensions for Linux and windows is getting failed.

Selecting this option while creating VMs is taking more than an hour and eventually getting failed to add this extension.

Example error:
    The handler for VM extension type 'Microsoft.Azure.ActiveDirectory.LinuxSSH.AADLoginForLinux' has reported terminal failure for VM extension 'AADLoginForLinux' with error message: '[ExtensionOperationError] Non-zero exit code: 20

example: VM has not reported status for VM agent or extensions. Verify the VM has a running VM agent and that it can establish outbound connections to Azure storage. Please refer to <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://aka.ms/vmextensionlinuxtroubleshoot">https://aka.ms/vmextensionlinuxtroubleshoot</a> for additional VM agent troubleshooting information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support special character in path parameter for extractjson()

The path parameter in extractjson() function cannot contain any special character, even parentheses is not supported, suc as using "AB(CD)" as the path parameter will fail with the error (The parameter is incorrect)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide case insensitive method to get values in a bag for a given key

Here is some suggested sample query (UserVoice converts single quote to &#39; - to convert back, copy the code to a decent editor and find replace &#39; back to single quote):

print resourceRow = dynamic({

&#39;id&#39;: &#39;/subscriptions/sub123/resourceGroups/rg123/providers/Microsoft.test/test/resource123&#39;,
    &#39;tags&#39;: {
    &#39;Andy1&#39;: &#39;value1&#39;,
    &#39;andy2&#39;: &#39;Value2&#39;,
    &#39;GURU1&#39;: &#39;OtherABC&#39;,
    &#39;guru2&#39;: &#39;otherdef&#39;
    }
    })
    | where bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, &#39;andy1&#39;) has_cs &#39;value1&#39; and bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, &#39;GURU2&#39;) has_cs &#39;otherdef&#39;

In this case, the ‘bag_values_by_key’ would return an array of values for the given key in a case insensitive manner.

bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'andy1') should return an array ['value1'] and bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'GURU2') should return an array ['otherdef'].

This would be read as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Query Execution Time for Update Policy Queries

There is no way to track the individual query execution time triggered by an update policy defined on a table. It would be good to be able to track this as an operation or a command so I can create individual monitors on performance.

I'm attaching an email conversation that describes the problem. Please look for the email exchange between Yoni and me.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you need more details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Query Execution Time for Update Policy Queries

There is no way to track the individual query execution time triggered by an update policy defined on a table. It would be good to be able to track this as an operation or a command so I can create individual monitors on performance.

I'm attaching an email conversation that describes the problem. Please look for the email exchange between Yoni and me.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you need more details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support "or" operator for .show tables extents where tags contains or tag contains or tag contains

Currently .show tables extents where tags contains only supports and operator to retrieve extents that have all the tags that are part of the query.

Adding support to the or operator allows to retrieve extents that have exclusive tags in one operation. This will improve performance in a great way

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. setting cache to a historical time window

It might be useful to have more control over the cache. In particular, in some cases it is useful to "replay" a certain time window, re-running queries on it. If there was a way to set the caching policy to (startTime,endTime), rather than always to (startTime,now), it could be useful. Maybe even setup a temporary additional follower cluster pointing to a historical time window, that can be advanced as necessary (faster than the actual time progress, once done querying), so that it wouldn't affect the regular operation of the cluster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Kusto explorer app: Ctrl+F in result view shall support search for "10:27:33"

The search function (Ctrl+F) in the Kusto explorer desktop app shall support queries like "10:27:22" to ease search in log file like contents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mobile phone support

1. Make the web UI work on Android Chrome as first priority

2. When accessing from phone, adjust the UI to be suitable for small screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. .show operation details with multiple operation ids

Currently, if we do IngestionFromQuery operations using .set-or-append or .append like commands using async, we get the operation id to track the progress of the operation later on. We could get the status of multiple operations using .show operations command. But, we get the operation details of only one operation with .show operation details command. This makes us fire lot of .show operation details commands to track get the Ingestion time, rowcount of the ingested tables. It would be great if Kusto had capability to fire only one Command to get the operation details of mutliple operations like .show operation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expose row counts and data size for ingestion command in .show command

In.show commands result, show number of rows affected and data size affected, at least for ingestion command (like CommandType = DataIngestPull)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In Kusto.Explorer default to showing query results instead of query summary

In Kusto.Explorer, after querying, it always shows the "Query Summary" window, but I only care about the "Results" tab. If I try to close the query summary, it just comes back on the next query. And if I try to dual-pane the results and query summary, the layout is reset on next query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User annotations of tables, columns, etc.

Allow non-admin/author to annotate objects in the explorer pane.

The use case is a consumer of data prepared by somebody else. The consumer has only read/query access. Reality is that schema get convoluted quickly. The names of tables, functions and cols aren't self-explanatory (quite often). Worse, real example, table1.RsrcId and table2.BladeId might mean the same thing. Though, only the consumer of both tables (possibly from different clusters) would care.

Therefore, allowing users with read-only access to annotate would be instrumental. Said annotations should be share-able.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to set the number of nodes at cluster creation time

when creating a cluster via the Azure portal, I would like to be able to set the number of nodes, and not only the SKU.

Currently, it is required to wait for the cluster creation to complete, and only then is it possible to scale it out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow metadata (to specify Service Tree attribution) at the database level

Several teams share clusters which makes assigning the streams challenging and they go to the cluster owner/creator vs the actual DB or table owner. We need a way to assign DBs to individual services so we can allow more granular service attribution. I know metadata can be done at a table level but that's too granular. We need it at a DB level as well. This scenario is important for GDPR and data governance as there are teams who are shying away from registering their shared clusters so they do not get all the action items assigned to them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Autocomplete on categorical string column values

Let's say that your table has a column called SomeColumn that only has 10 different possible string values. Then, I think it would be useful to have autocomplete when trying to do a string match:

SomeTable
    | where SomeColumn == '[Show autocomplete options]

This would avoid having to do a "distinct" operator to figure out the values and then copy that value into another query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support .create-or-alter external table

.create external table command causes an error if the table already exists. This is inconvenient for automated deployment. Would be nice if -create-or-alter was supported!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Data Explorer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base