Azure Data Explorer

1. Add possibility to set postfix for joined columns

When joining tables, it would be nice if it were possible to specify what postfix to add to right-side table columns that overlap with left-side columns. Currently "1" is postfixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .WithAadManagedIdentity(managedIdentity) method not available in Kusto.Data .NET library Nuget Package

The documentation for the KustoConnectionStringBuilder class here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-explorer/kusto/api/connection-strings/kusto#aad-based-authentication-examples described a method called .WithAadManagedIdentity() which is to be used as follows:

// Recommended syntax
    var kustoConnectionStringBuilder = new KustoConnectionStringBuilder(serviceUri).WithAadManagedIdentity(managedIdentity);

But the .NET Framework library for Kusto.Data does not contain the definition for this method. I'm using the v7.1.1. of the Kusto.Data Nuget Package.

I'm currently having to rely on the .WithAadApplicationKeyAuthentication() KCSB method, which requires creation of an AAD App registration, and the use of an application key explicitly. This explicit use of an application key (even when placed in a key-vault) is being flagged on Service 360 as a source…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Kusto-operators to be aware of the external storage computational capabilities

In scenarios like data virtualization it might be useful to make relevant Kusto-operators aware of the underlaying storage capabilities.
    It could be useful to leverage the computational capabilities of external storage for operations like column projections, predicates, aggregates and push the operation down to the external storage layer. This might speed up extremely large queries on top of the existing indexing and partitioning features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make a 3d polyfit

In my case, I have 1 variable that is dependent on 2 other variables (z= ax + by + c, so a plane). Any idea about this multi-fits, including the visualization?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Feature request to add Table/Function data in DD_ClusterCommand table in Aznrt/DataDoctor kusto cluster

It is a feature request to add Table/Function data in DD_ClusterCommand table in Aznrt/DataDoctor kusto cluster.
    We are trying to see what table is used often, since DD already have so much data it would be nice to have data from .show queries - Text column parsed and showing table and function used.
    Thank you
    Reproduction: .show queries | where StartedOn > ago(3d) | project User, Text

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to hide Kusto links when adding BodyHtml to Email content in Azure Logic Apps

When we use the ADX plugin to query or visualize results in Azure Logic Apps and want to send the results out in an email, sometimes there is a requirement to hide the links to Kusto cluster in the visualization since the cluster might not be accessible to everyone. There is an option to explicitly show kusto links. There should be an option to hide them as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is there any option on top of column header need to be created . I should get Grading header like below for two columns. Grading

Is there any option on top of column header need to be created . I should get Grading header like below for two columns.

Grading

ComplianceGrade ComplianceGradeDate ComplianceOverride

A 12/9/2018 Yes
    B 13-09-2019 No

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. parse html

I get ICM descriptions that contain text in HTML. I see no parse_html() function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make buttons provide feedback

When I click Copy/Paste there is no difference in the icon animation from when I hover over it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lookup list for Switch Directory instead of free text

Can the switch directory be standardize to be like how we switch directory in Azure Portal?

Its annoying that if i reset my browser cache i need to manually enter the hash string like tenant id.

It should be generated based on the directory that you are granted access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove Restricted Table from ADX view if user not given access

When table are restricted, user without unrestrictedviewer access shouldn't see the table. Currently user still see the table but not queriable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Setting permissions doesn't work. Search doesn't find any accounts to add.

Make sharing work. Sending a link also doesn't allow recipient to view the dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable getschema operator for use with tabular functions

Currently creating user-defined tabular functions requires recreating a table's schema like so:

let MyFilter = (T:(x:long), v:long) {
    T | where x >= v
    };
    MyFilter((range x from 1 to 10 step 1), 9)

This can become tedious if the table schema is especially large. Ideally there should a way to define functions that take in the schema of an existing table. eg:

let MyFilter = (T:getschema(MyTable), v:long) {
    T | where x >= v
    };
    MyFilter((range x from 1 to 10 step 1), 9)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatically routing of message to different tables

We are receiving different message structures through IoT hub and depending on the message type, they need to be stored in different tables. Now we need to split messages an store them in individual eventhubs, but would be nice is routing to tables could happen in ADX.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide the ability to hide fractions of seconds

While I appreciate having 7 decimals of seconds applied to datetime fields, having 4-7 trailing 0s on every datetime adds noise to results and widens columns unnecessarily. I would like to be able to apply a formatting rule on datetimes that maintain the datetime datatype but hide the trailing 0s from view or just the whole franction of a second completely. Using formatdatetime is acceptable to be used at the end of a query or for putting it in a dashboard but it has the drawback of converting the column to a string which limits the ability to do

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Migration of Mgmt calls to v2 Backend to support new features

Currently Kusto Management operations are only possible via the old v1 Backend version. Mgmt calls should also exist in the v2 Backend to allow features like query parameters (aka prepared statements).

see https://github.com/Azure/azure-kusto-go/issues/33

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Backup ADX database

Create backup feature for disaster recovery

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integrate to 3rd party libraries which have proven mathematical formulas for industry Automation

I belong to Industry Automation business. Domain experts have already developed proven libraries and APIs like steam tables and industry specific calculations for last few years. I want to call these 3rd party available libraries and have computed for me so that I can store the calculated tags in ADX.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Union withsource=ColumnName can fail if any table in the schema has that columnname

union withsource=TableName *
    | summarize Count=count() by TableName
    | render barchart

It is impossible to know if this query will succeed or fail when you write it. If any table in the schema has a column named "TableName", this query will fail. This query might succeed for some users and fail for others depending on which tables they can see in the schema.

(this is also probably the case for find, search where you also get an outptut columnname that might exist in one of the tables?)

ideally, the withsource=columnname would return the source tablename in that columnname, possibly renaming…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ability get notification for any change in kusto schema

ability get notification for any change in Schema ( like alter / drop / create table / function / database etc.. ) for given kusto database

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Data Explorer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base