Azure Data Explorer

1. Time weighted Avrage

A time weighted Aggregation are needet because ussaly IOT data are compressed, this mean, if the values are not changing, no new entrys are transmitted.

A normal avg will get errors.

Also it will be nice, if this Aggregation is also avaible in make series command.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dashboard embedding in applications

Add logic to embed entire dashboard in 3rd party application

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Share Dashboards] Provide Cross Tenant Sharing of ADX Dashboard

I would like to have the multi-tenancy support on the ADX Dashboard where i can share the Dashboard to another tenant's user which i have shared the database to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integrate awesome maps in ADX Dashboards (e.g. Kepler)

Integrate awesome maps in ADX Dashboards (e.g. Kepler)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Record tables accessed in .show queries

I’d like to get a summary of table usage and query costs compared against extent size and ingest costs, for use in value vs. cost discussions and for targeting table or workflow optimizations.

With “.show tables details” for extent size and “.show commands” for ingest costs, the only piece I am missing here is the ability to link information from .show queries to the tables that were accessed. I understand the text of each query is present, but parsing that to determine a list of tables accessed is nontrivial and becomes really problematic given the use of stored functions (which…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the ability to alter configuration properties (like SKU, node count) when resuming a cluster

when resuming an existing cluster via the Azure portal, I would like to be able to update configuration properties, like setting a new number of nodes, and a new SKU.

Currently, it is required to wait for the cluster resume operation to complete, and only then is it possible to alter such configuration properties

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Invoke a function from another database

Currently I can only invoke a function if it is in the same database. I would like to invoke functions in other databases (and ideally in other clusters.) There are two main use cases:
    1) We have some useful helper functions that use the invoke pattern. We have to copy them to all of our databases.
    2) When doing .set-or-append commands, I'm stuck if my query involves a an invoked function on database A but I want the results written to database B.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable current() functions

We would like to have a the ability to disable the following functions from the query language, preferably using a client request property:

• currentclusterendpoint()
    • currentdatabase()
    • current
    principal()
    • currentprincipaldetails()
    • currentprincipalismemberof()

This is important for hiding internal implementation from external users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Plugin "Load from ADX" in Kepler.gl

Create a plugin to support loading data into kepler.gl based on kusto queries. The editor like it is in the ADX WebUI would be great!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please support Delta Lake as a source format

Currently ADX supports parquet as a data source, but not Delta Lake. Delta Lake is an open-source storage layer that brings ACID
    transactions to Apache Sparks (on top of parquet, see delta.io for more details). Delta Lake is supported in Azure Databricks and Azure Synapse Spark, but currently not supported as data source (e. g. external tables) in ADX.
    Currently Delta Lake data has to be exported to parquet to be consistently consumable by ADX.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add support for combining multiple .show command queries

With .show commands it is easy to get meta data to data or operations. Unfortunately it is not possible to combine multiple .show commands in one query. One Scenario would be to show the row count distribution overt time for multiple tables in a single chart

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reduce barriers to entry by providing a cheaper tier

I wanted to use ADE, but it costs $2.6K per month at minimum. This makes it impossible for many to try out this service. Please consider a cheaper tier or make ADE cheaper altogether.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More robust window functions

The current windowing functions need to be improved. The Kusto language needs an equivalent of the SQL Server ROWS PRECEDING statement. This would make calculating rolling metrics such as the average much more straightforward. For example, you may want a metric that is a four-week average every week. Currently, there is no easy way to produce that in the Kusto language.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Coloring of Rows

I had a quick question about row coloring, as I’ve seen this happen for some rows which highlight error / warning. Is there a way for someone to add their own color scheme to a table result based on some column values of the row? Say if a column contains some particular text, mark that row red etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we calculate 'Data Scanned' from .show queries

Kusto Explorer shows a 'Data Scanned' estimate which I've found to be a very good measure of IO cost.

How can we calculate this from the output of .show queries, to identify the top IO consumers on our cluster ?

If we use the current values of 'extents scanned' its not really representative of I/O cost. Just a simple 'Table | count' shows a massive number of extents scanned, but the 'Data Scanned' output given by the Kusto desktop explorer seems more representative of the actual I/O cost.
    xpost from : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59416175/how-to-calculate-data-scanned-from-show-queries

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More datetime functions

There are basic datetime manipulation functions, but there should be many more. For instance, make_datetime() modifies the format of a current datetime object, but there is no function to specify the format of a string that should be a datetime. So if the month and day are not in the expected order, the string can't be parsed. Additionally, the date functions assume that the dates are in UTC, rather than allowing the user to specify that a date is in another time zone. Time zone conversions that account for daylight savings time, etc are needed. It should have all of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable deletion/drop of functions in Kusto.

I want to wipe out all code in Kusto DB so that I can install new ones from source controls. The reason behind delete everything logic is I do not want unreferenced functions to exist if they are removed from source control repo.
    Enable deletion/drop of functions in Kusto.
    Better yet, allow Azure Data explorer Command in Azure Pipelines to drop multiple files

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ignore (cold) cached data

When perf testing a query, it would be useful to wipe out any cold data that has been temporarily cached on the local disk so that I can get apples-to-apples comparisons between subsequent runs. I can imagine it either being something where I just set a flag to ignore any of the cold cached data or a command that would completely wipe out any of that type of cached data. Note that I would not expect any of this to affect the standard hot cache data which always lives on the disk.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AT TIME ZONE command for KQL

We are looking for feature parity with languages like T-SQL when it comes to a DST-aware timezone offset command (in SQL's case, AT TIME ZONE). Our ideal scenario involves combining a timezone value (e.g. America/Toronto) with a datetime and having Kusto calculate the DST-aware result.

Submitted on behalf of Borjan Babic @ Acies AI

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiline comment in kusto

Be able to comment out multiple lines using / / for example

3 votes
    Sign in