Azure Data Explorer

1. Enable functions to return multiple tables

Functions today can only return one table. It would be really helpful if functions were able to return multiple tables to facilitate parallel queries.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy Permissions from one ADE DB to another

I have multiple ADE databases within the same cluster, i would like to have the ability to copy permissions from one DB to another using an internal tool instead of doing so manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. R sdk

In r studio, we want to get our time series data,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Azure data factory v2 : Task to Trigger a Trigger or Collection of Triggers

It would be great if we can have a task inside the pipeline to trigger a trigger or more than one trigger.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support ADX into Azure ARC data Services

Support ADX into Azure ARC data Services

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support escaping curly brackets in queries, and json field access

See https://stackoverflow.microsoft.com/questions/192467

Our Kusto data contains fields similar to C# string interpolation :

{

"{OriginalFormat}": "l1 cache hit for key {key}"

}
    The field is in JSON format.

I tried to extract the value using different notations, but without success :

field[(0)] or field[(1)] - returns nothing
    field['{OriginalFormat}'] - this returns an error Parameter 'OriginalFormat' value was not provided

Then I tried to filter the records using where clause :

|where customDimensions !contains "l1 cache hit for key {key}"
    which didn't work by returning the error Parameter 'OriginalFormat' value was not provided

I tried escaping using \ but I couldn't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Queued ingestion Status Tracking

Support the queued ingestion Status notification integration. Maybe EventGrid or Webhook. Customer can continue monitor and handle the integration job without the pull status from queue by time interval.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make sum() and sumif() "nullable"

Include an option in sum() and sumif() like this: Foo = sum(Bar, nullable). The "nullable" option causes a sum of null values to be null rather than zero. A sum of null and non-null values would sum the non-null values, returning a number. The use case: to detect the total absence of data (all rows null) in an aggregation. This is important for telemetry applications (e.g., error counts) where zero is the "good" value. This feature would allow us to easily distinguish between the total absence of data, and the presence of some measurements whose value is zero. (I have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Too many kust queries should not cause ingestion queue buildup

In our recent Kusto outage, we have seen that too many Kusto queries were able to increase the ingestion queue by 100k. It would be good to have isolation between the querying and ingestion processes inside Kusto infrastructure so that these don't impact each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Kusto DOS outage: Allow granular throttling of kusto query requests at App or user level

In our current Kusto outages, certain apps are found to be querying too much which in turn has increased the Kusto ingestion queue increase to 100k. It would be great to have Kusto some granular controls at app or user level to limit how much querying can be executed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to control the cluster resource utilization (CPU, Memory) per database or user

We would like to control the cluster resource utilization (CPU, Memory) per database or user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AADLoginForLinux/Windows getting failed to install

Installing AADLogin extensions for Linux and windows is getting failed.

Selecting this option while creating VMs is taking more than an hour and eventually getting failed to add this extension.

Example error:
    The handler for VM extension type 'Microsoft.Azure.ActiveDirectory.LinuxSSH.AADLoginForLinux' has reported terminal failure for VM extension 'AADLoginForLinux' with error message: '[ExtensionOperationError] Non-zero exit code: 20

example: VM has not reported status for VM agent or extensions. Verify the VM has a running VM agent and that it can establish outbound connections to Azure storage. Please refer to <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://aka.ms/vmextensionlinuxtroubleshoot">https://aka.ms/vmextensionlinuxtroubleshoot</a> for additional VM agent troubleshooting information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let me tag a database as favorite

Let me specify databases in the connection pane as my Favorites and then scope my view to only them. It is exceedingly frustrating to have to scroll through a huge list of databases to find the only two I care about. See attached picture for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support special character in path parameter for extractjson()

The path parameter in extractjson() function cannot contain any special character, even parentheses is not supported, suc as using "AB(CD)" as the path parameter will fail with the error (The parameter is incorrect)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide case insensitive method to get values in a bag for a given key

Here is some suggested sample query (UserVoice converts single quote to &#39; - to convert back, copy the code to a decent editor and find replace &#39; back to single quote):

print resourceRow = dynamic({

&#39;id&#39;: &#39;/subscriptions/sub123/resourceGroups/rg123/providers/Microsoft.test/test/resource123&#39;,
    &#39;tags&#39;: {
    &#39;Andy1&#39;: &#39;value1&#39;,
    &#39;andy2&#39;: &#39;Value2&#39;,
    &#39;GURU1&#39;: &#39;OtherABC&#39;,
    &#39;guru2&#39;: &#39;otherdef&#39;
    }
    })
    | where bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, &#39;andy1&#39;) has_cs &#39;value1&#39; and bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, &#39;GURU2&#39;) has_cs &#39;otherdef&#39;

In this case, the ‘bag_values_by_key’ would return an array of values for the given key in a case insensitive manner.

bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'andy1') should return an array ['value1'] and bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'GURU2') should return an array ['otherdef'].

This would be read as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. summarize percentiles() result rounding

Let’s say I have some intermediate query that results in numeric fields rounded to one decimal digit. Then I want to summarize them with percentiles(). This produces phantom values, not in the original set. Mock example:

range value from 0.3 to 133 step 0.1
    | summarize percentiles(value, 25, 50)

Result:

percentile_value_25 percentile_value_50

33.3099999999999 66.5999999999999

I understand this is because of the statistical estimation. But formatting the final result nicely becomes a chore, especially if it uses percentiles() multiple times and/or with many percentile points.

| project value_p25=round(percentile_value_25, 1), value_p50=round(percentile_value_50, 1)

What I’d like to be able to do is something…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More robust window functions

The current windowing functions need to be improved. The Kusto language needs an equivalent of the SQL Server ROWS PRECEDING statement. This would make calculating rolling metrics such as the average much more straightforward. For example, you may want a metric that is a four-week average every week. Currently, there is no easy way to produce that in the Kusto language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Query Execution Time for Update Policy Queries

There is no way to track the individual query execution time triggered by an update policy defined on a table. It would be good to be able to track this as an operation or a command so I can create individual monitors on performance.

I'm attaching an email conversation that describes the problem. Please look for the email exchange between Yoni and me.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you need more details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Query Execution Time for Update Policy Queries

There is no way to track the individual query execution time triggered by an update policy defined on a table. It would be good to be able to track this as an operation or a command so I can create individual monitors on performance.

I'm attaching an email conversation that describes the problem. Please look for the email exchange between Yoni and me.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you need more details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we calculate 'Data Scanned' from .show queries

Kusto Explorer shows a 'Data Scanned' estimate which I've found to be a very good measure of IO cost.

How can we calculate this from the output of .show queries, to identify the top IO consumers on our cluster ?

If we use the current values of 'extents scanned' its not really representative of I/O cost. Just a simple 'Table | count' shows a massive number of extents scanned, but the 'Data Scanned' output given by the Kusto desktop explorer seems more representative of the actual I/O cost.
    xpost from : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59416175/how-to-calculate-data-scanned-from-show-queries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Data Explorer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base