Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Data Explorer

1. Queued Export operation

We can use QueuedIngestClient or ingest from Blobstore to let Kusto ingest data based on cluster's capacity.

The number of export slots slots is also limited to number of core, so we should have the same capability to queue export operation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add user identity/alias to ".show database journal" for better troubleshooting

Current command ".show database <db-name> journal" provided audit information about the changes being made.

It'd be nice if we can see the owner of some specific action. For example, a user run an Azure Function for some jobs, journal only provides information about Principal and User which are duplicated. If we can show the userId/alias under User column and which application they run. That'd provide better details for audit and troubleshooting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add logging for Update Policy so we can capture ingestion failures

There are 2 steps in the ingestion process that we have configured on our cluster.
    The first step is to ingest the data into the cluster – This is done by the Data Management node and this step is getting completed successfully. The second step is to run Update Policy on the data that is ingested into the raw tables – This is done by the Engine node and this is where we are receiving the failures. With the current design in Azure Data Explorer, only the failures that are reported by Data Management node are being sent to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restrict viewing Function definition from Database Viewers

Currently there is no way to hide function definition from Database Viewers.

We would like to have this feature as we have created some internal functions to alter the row level security for all the tables present in Kusto Cluster and we don't want to view these function definitions by users with role "Database Viewers".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enumerating all the databases that a function hits

I’m trying to use an app to call a kusto function. I keep running into permission issues because as I add my app id to the database that needs it, I find out that the function references another database, when I add permissions for that, I find out there is yet another database that I need to get permissions for.

Would love a way to get the list of all cluster/databases that a function will reference so that I can get the required permissions in one shot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Equivalent of collations in Kusto, will be useful for comparison like case sensitive vs case insensitive search

SQL service provides the configuration of how the comparision can be configured at database level and can be used dynamically in query also using collations.

What is the equivalent of collations, this will be useful in case i want to perform case senstive search or case insenstive search in a query

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Returns the value of a column in a row that it at some offset following the current row in a serialized row set."

"Returns the value of a column in a row that it at some offset following the current row in a serialized row set."
    Please rewrite this sentence. In its present form it fails to make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Persist client color highlight settings between query runs

If I run a query and highlight the rows based on certain conditions, I would like those highlight settings to be persisted so I don't need to re-create them each time that I run this query.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support ADX into Azure ARC data Services

Support ADX into Azure ARC data Services

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make sum() and sumif() "nullable"

Include an option in sum() and sumif() like this: Foo = sum(Bar, nullable). The "nullable" option causes a sum of null values to be null rather than zero. A sum of null and non-null values would sum the non-null values, returning a number. The use case: to detect the total absence of data (all rows null) in an aggregation. This is important for telemetry applications (e.g., error counts) where zero is the "good" value. This feature would allow us to easily distinguish between the total absence of data, and the presence of some measurements whose value is zero. (I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AADLoginForLinux/Windows getting failed to install

Installing AADLogin extensions for Linux and windows is getting failed.

Selecting this option while creating VMs is taking more than an hour and eventually getting failed to add this extension.

Example error:
    The handler for VM extension type 'Microsoft.Azure.ActiveDirectory.LinuxSSH.AADLoginForLinux' has reported terminal failure for VM extension 'AADLoginForLinux' with error message: '[ExtensionOperationError] Non-zero exit code: 20

example: VM has not reported status for VM agent or extensions. Verify the VM has a running VM agent and that it can establish outbound connections to Azure storage. Please refer to https://aka.ms/vmextensionlinuxtroubleshoot for additional VM agent troubleshooting information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support special character in path parameter for extractjson()

The path parameter in extractjson() function cannot contain any special character, even parentheses is not supported, suc as using "AB(CD)" as the path parameter will fail with the error (The parameter is incorrect)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide case insensitive method to get values in a bag for a given key

Here is some suggested sample query (UserVoice converts single quote to ' - to convert back, copy the code to a decent editor and find replace ' back to single quote):

print resourceRow = dynamic({
        'id': '/subscriptions/sub123/resourceGroups/rg123/providers/Microsoft.test/test/resource123',
        'tags': {
            'Andy1': 'value1',
            'andy2': 'Value2',
            'GURU1': 'OtherABC',
            'guru2': 'otherdef'
        }
    })
    | where bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'andy1') has_cs 'value1' and bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'GURU2') has_cs 'otherdef'

In this case, the ‘bag_values_by_key’ would return an array of values for the given key in a case insensitive manner.

bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'andy1') should return an array ['value1'] and bag_values_by_key(resourceRow.tags, 'GURU2') should return an array ['otherdef'].

This would be read as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Query Execution Time for Update Policy Queries

There is no way to track the individual query execution time triggered by an update policy defined on a table. It would be good to be able to track this as an operation or a command so I can create individual monitors on performance.

I'm attaching an email conversation that describes the problem. Please look for the email exchange between Yoni and me.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you need more details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Query Execution Time for Update Policy Queries

There is no way to track the individual query execution time triggered by an update policy defined on a table. It would be good to be able to track this as an operation or a command so I can create individual monitors on performance.

I'm attaching an email conversation that describes the problem. Please look for the email exchange between Yoni and me.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you need more details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support "or" operator for .show tables extents where tags contains or tag contains or tag contains

Currently .show tables extents where tags contains only supports and operator to retrieve extents that have all the tags that are part of the query.

Adding support to the or operator allows to retrieve extents that have exclusive tags in one operation. This will improve performance in a great way

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. setting cache to a historical time window

It might be useful to have more control over the cache. In particular, in some cases it is useful to "replay" a certain time window, re-running queries on it. If there was a way to set the caching policy to (startTime,endTime), rather than always to (startTime,now), it could be useful. Maybe even setup a temporary additional follower cluster pointing to a historical time window, that can be advanced as necessary (faster than the actual time progress, once done querying), so that it wouldn't affect the regular operation of the cluster

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. .show operation details with multiple operation ids

Currently, if we do IngestionFromQuery operations using .set-or-append or .append like commands using async, we get the operation id to track the progress of the operation later on. We could get the status of multiple operations using .show operations command. But, we get the operation details of only one operation with .show operation details command. This makes us fire lot of .show operation details commands to track get the Ingestion time, rowcount of the ingested tables. It would be great if Kusto had capability to fire only one Command to get the operation details of mutliple operations like .show operation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expose row counts and data size for ingestion command in .show command

In.show commands result, show number of rows affected and data size affected, at least for ingestion command (like CommandType = DataIngestPull)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Data Explorer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base