SQL Managed Instance

1. Azure SQL Managed Instance FedRAMP Compliance Controls?

Is there any azure sql managed instance FedRAMP Compliance and controls information available to be implemented in Azure SQL Managed Instance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quick fail for Azure SQL Managed Instances

The initial deployment to the south east asia failed due to some bugs in the region which could not prevent the duplicated name.(The deployment was running for more than 12 hours and then failed in the following day). Will a quick fail alert be added in the near future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to run Change Tracking queries from secondary read-only database.

This would allow us to run ETL processes from our secondary and off load it from our primary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Does the pricing of General Purpose tier Managed Instance changed after GA?

We have created a General Purpose tier Managed Instance in the first week of September 2018 with configuration of 8 Vcore and 4 TB (4000 GB) storage and the monthly price was $1,066.98 . Now after Managed Instance General Purpose tier GA the monthly price is $2,130.00. Let us know prices has changed after GA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Transactional Replication used for segmenting oltp & reporting data & schema.When can managed instance support transactional replication?

Transaction Replication (replicate subset of DB tables) is in use for long long time for reporting workloads which have totally different needs of schema and indexes.
    Read replica can not be used for many reporting workloads because of OLTP aligned schema and indexes.
    Need replication sync at table level with near real time capabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Managed instance does not support restoring database with over 280 files?

Hi,

I am currently trying to restore a .bak file to an MI instance. When I do RESTOREFILELIST, it looks like the DB contains 341 files (including mdf/ndf/log).

When I then try to RESTORE the DB, I receive the error in SSMS that [Msg 41916, Level 16, State 0, Line 7 Maximum number of 280 files for SQL Database Managed Instance reached.]

Does this mean that any managed instance does not support restoring a database with over 280 files?

Or is this just a problem trying to restore the DB through SSMS/T-SQL? If this is a SSMS/T-SQL problem, would I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sql Server Agent SSMS Error in Job Creation Managed Instance

although I can create a job, if you lose context and come back in SSMS the job upon creation says already created, Appears to have a update problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Managed Instance

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base