Islam Gomaa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Backup Nas server using Site Recovery or Azure Backup will be very good for us we have lots of customers asking that for business
    Please help us by adding this support before December

• Priyantha Perera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your response-
    we have 35 TB of data we need to archive on a netapp share, and we are currently transferring it through cloudberry. we started the process on 9/6 and we have only transferred 17TB estimated.

this may be an ongoing process an would love to see where the speed is increased to reduce the time of that transfer. I have tested by mounting share on my device and I get same error across the board

[2018/09/11 11:05:12][ERROR] Z:\20120509\ANTHEM\012_0306_553.Kitworx_Daily\R12713464-36.pdf: The transfer failed.
    The requested URI does not represent any resource on the server.
    HttpStatusMessage:The requested URI does not represent any resource on the server.
    RequestId:ad66db27-001e-00e8-25f9-49c592000000
    Time:Tue, 11 Sep 2018 11:05:12 GMT
    [2018/09/11 11:05:12] Transfer summary:

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have many TB's on CIF shares which we want to backup with DPM! Please add this option.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree, just being able to select a mapped network share in the mars client would make Azure backup usable in many scenarios, greatly increasing the amount of data we would send to Azure. almost all small company's have some kind of NAS device which must be part of a backup.

I understand there are political reasons to block this since it is technically not very hard and it was present in previous versions.

@Microsoft? we wanted to backup many TB's to Azure but couldn't since the data is mainly on NAS devices. Usage is the new currency, but usage requires the means to do so :-) Just imagine the amount off data which rests at local Online Backup providers which could move to azure if only the NAS could be part of the backup.....

• David Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys, this is desperately needed! So many customers with NetApp or NAS archives out there.

• B Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upvote!! I'd like to backup my Barracuda Message Archiver with SCDPM 1801. I have to keep Arcserve around for just this device; I'd love to get rid of it!

Yes, I agree!!! How can We usage Azure backupo to protect the data stored on NAS devices!?

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Azure Backup, should support fof Azure File Storage and generic CIFS/NFS file shares!!!
    We have NAS devices mapped (via CIFS) on Windows Server and, we cannot protect these files using Azure Backup tolls :/

DPM / Azure Backup should support backup of Azure File Storage and generic CIFS/NFS file shares

• Chris Palsenbarg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been able to have DPM communicate to my NetApp NAS over CIFS/NFS would be very beneficial
    I like using DPM , even more if we could NDMP to Azure

• Suraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have EMC ISILON deployed which usually stores file shares. having this feature supported in DPM as well in Azure will help

• no_middle_name commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something like this would mean that companies like CommVault would no longer have a leg up on Microsoft.

• Vmware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea ! I think it will make DPM more popular to be adopted in commercial world .

Feedback and Knowledge Base