How can we improve SCDPM?

DPM to Protect SQL 2014 using CSV as storage

With SQL 2014 it can now be deployed on Cluster Shared Volume as storage. DPM needs to protect SQL 2014 with CSV as storage.

123 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anurag Mehrotra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, what is the dpm version that can save a database sql on Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV)?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seems to a be a real drop. CSVs have been supported with SQL for five years now. How many versions of DPM (or MABS) need to be release before this is supported. I had not intended to keep ArcServe when we switched to MABS.

• Steven Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here; https://www.thomasmaurer.ch/2018/12/system-center-2019/

It says
    "Support for new versions of SQL Server and Windows Server – DPM 2019 will support new releases like Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2017"
    But no comment on CSV years after we started to use CSV on our SQL cluster.
    We are just designing a new SQL cluster and considering using failover LUNs and limit SQL instances to <20 just to get DPM transaction backups :(

• Jarrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. Put in DPM2016 not realizing something like this would not work. Seems like 9/10 Microsoft compatibility issues come from other MS products.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please support. Backup is a critical IT function. if SQL Server 2014 (or later) products can be deployed on CSV volumes, then they need to be backed up.

• Sam Innes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please could this be commented on, took me a long of searching to discover that it was not supported

• Francisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as others, need this support yet, 1 year of backup with maintenance plans...

• Steven Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please support soon - we are just about to Upgrade to System Centre 2016 and want to move away from the maintenance plans we currently have for our SQL cluster and use DPM like we do with all other SQL instances!

• Brian Petersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. We've had our SQL 2014 cluster with CSV up for more than a year. I'm very angry that I can't use DPM to back it up. I had hoped that when the 2016 version came out this would be possible, but no luck there.
    -BP

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Registering my vote. This is a much needed feature. DPM should be able to backup data no matter where it resides.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eagerly awaiting this feature. DPM needs to support this otherwise great feature of SQL2014

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been using SQL 2014 since the original release date. We have been deployed with a CSV as our means of storage in a SQL cluster. Not being able to use our main backup solution (DPM 2012 R2) is rather bothersome. Hoping this will be resolved in the not so distant future. Don't want to have to take our business back to someplace like Symantec.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - need DPM to backup SQL 2014 when using CSV as storage!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base