Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

System Center Data Protection Manager

Welcome to System Center Data Protection Manager feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Backup ReFS Support

Our Server 2012 R2 Essentials has all of our mission critical data stored on a set of HDDs formatted with ReFS, as would seem good practise for this sort of data.
    Today I started a trial of Azure Backup to see if it would work as a Cloud backup solution for our server.... to no avail as I have used ReFS on the drive I want to protect.
    Will ReFS be added in the near future? From what I have seen in forums, there has been no response to questions about Azure Backup and ReFS since 2012.
    If it is…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide MAB Server protected datasource’s size for customers to be able to calculate protected instance costs.

When setting up protection of instances, we need to see the actual size that is currently used for calculating the cost of that instance.
    This size should be displayed in the protected instance pane in Azure and be aggregated up to other overview panes in the vault.
    This way, we could use the Cost calculator to predict the monthly costs of the actual data. The sizes should be available via Powershell as well for reporting purposes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

System Center Data Protection Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base