Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)

Have feedback for Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the AKS team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support selection of nodes to remove when scaling down

Support selection of nodes to remove when scaling down.
    At the moment when you scale down then the oldest nodes will always stay. Would be a nice feature to be able to remove a selected node when scaling down or maybe manually.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Start/Stop Cluster" button to the AKS panel and CLI

To stop an AKS cluster, it is needed to stop all running VM instances in the AKS availability group. Right now there's no way to do this "on the click of a button", to solve this I needed to write a ShellScript (attached to the idea), which stops all running VMs. And this takes a while...

The idea is to add a "Stop/Start Cluster" button so we can better control the flow of our AKS cluster.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  7 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cluster Autoscaler Integration in portal

The Cluster Autoscaler(CA) feature which is currently in Preview has CLI support as in the documentation. Is there a backlog item that enables the CA integration in portal as to configure auto scaling policies either during creation of cluster(Day 0) or at a later point of time(Day N ops)?

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Kubernetes Dashboard available through Azure Portal

It would be nice if the Kubernetes Dashboard could be reached directly through the Azure Portal instead of creating a local tunnel using kubectl portforward command.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make AKS available in South Africa West

Hi Team,

Please may I request that AKS is made available in South Africa West. This is required for DR and data sovereignty.

In this request, I am not speaking about availability zones, as I understand that is based on other factors, I am speaking about AKS as a standalone in South Africa West.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the Kubernetes insights to be pin into the dashboard

HI.
    I would be good if the kubernetes insights monitors, can be added to the dashboard.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AKS The possibility to tag the MC_ resourcegroup

It would be nice if we could add a tag to the AKS resource which allowes the MC_ resourcegroup to be tagged with.
    In Databricks this is possible, so it would be nice if this was also possible in AKS.
    Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add namespace column in insights

We have the same component that is deployed in different namespaces (in this case a loader that is used for realtime vs. backfill purposes). This causes confusion in the insights screen. Additionally, filtering/sorting by namespace allows us to distinguish between our own and standard components.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AKS should show NTP synchronisation failure in Resource Health

It would be a really nice feature if AKS could show you (maybe in resource health in Azure) if the nodes couldn’t synchronise time with the external dependency ntp.ubuntu.com.

In our project we missed to configure the route when we deployed into a private VNET as described in the Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/aks/limit-egress-traffic#required-outbound-network-rules-and-fqdns-for-aks-clusters). The only way you can currently see this failure is when your time dependent application starts to have errors.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to be notified whenever new kubernetes version is available

Please send out alerts (portal notifications and/or email) whenever new kubernetes version is available. Thus we can upgrade clusters on time and be mostly within SLO.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest users in Azure AD,

Please enable for Azure AD B2B Guest access. We would like to provide access to our partners using their Azure AD ID.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Service Principal Update not available for Cluster

By mistake, I have deleted Service principal created for AKS, So I'm not able to update new SP in Kubernetes cluster. There is no other way for me, So I need to delete and recreate my cluster, please do add SP update option in the cluster for easy switch in future, instead of deleting entire cluster and recreating

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a "Start/Stop Cluster" button to the AKS panel and CLI

To stop an AKS cluster, it is needed to stop all running VM instances in the AKS availability group. Right now there's no way to do this "on the click of a button", to solve this I needed to write a ShellScript (attached to the idea), which stops all running VMs. And this takes a while...

The idea is to add a "Stop/Start Cluster" button so we can better control the flow of our AKS cluster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filter in required Node configuration

When we create a AKS from portal, using Change Size we can select any VM. If there is a recommended configuration like minimum 3.5GB RAM, it would be good to filter out the VM sizes that have less that required size, e.g. Standard F1S with 2GB RAM. This will be helpful since we can't change the Node size once cluster is created.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Metrics on AKS masters

We had no idea that we had exceeded the capabilities of the AKS free tier and were seeing many scaling issues. It would be nice if if there were usage metrics on the AKS k8s control plane, so that we could have seen we were bottlenecked there and could upgrade to paid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Memory metrics in Portal different to output of kubectl top node

I see a difference of 10%-20% between what I get from kubectl top node (my pods consume the same memory throughout the day) and what I see in Insights.

It seems that AKS Insights in Portal show memory usage (working set or RSS) as % out of total VM node memory, which is not of interest to me, as I am solely concerned about % utilization of Kubernetes allocatable memory (what kubectl top node outputs).

Even though there are good resources for that (https://learnk8s.io/allocatable-resources) I do not want to be concerned about system memory used by AKS/kubelet etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to add Node labels for AKS cluster via Azure portal for node pool

Unable to add Node labels for AKS cluster via Azure portal for node pool

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AKS uptime SLA status in Azure Portal

Would be great if the status of a AKS cluster stated if uptime SLA is enabled or not in the portal. Without having to 'extract' the info thru "az aks list/show..." ie having the set pricing tier available in the overview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In UI please allow data sorting and search client side

All portal features allows for search by string not a exact name.
    When you are listing pods or services we need to provide exact name to get the view filtered - can we use same approach and be able to filter resources client (browser) side?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Node pool upgrade verbose status logs in portal

Our upgrades are done through the pulumi provisioning code and not directly with azcli. As such we don't get any status updates or logs on the upgrade during the operation which can sometimes take > 1 hr. I was looking for more of a detailed log stream telling me what node was now being drained/terminated and if there were any exceptions (kind of like what kubectl drain would give you) directly on the portal. That would help us to see if any of our config (PDBs on singular pods) were causing issues, since at the moment we only get that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base