Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)

Have feedback for Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the AKS team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support selection of nodes to remove when scaling down

Support selection of nodes to remove when scaling down.
    At the moment when you scale down then the oldest nodes will always stay. Would be a nice feature to be able to remove a selected node when scaling down or maybe manually.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing Node Size in a kubernetes cluster

Currently we are able to configure the count for Nodes using scale up option in Portal for AKS, Please add an option to change the size of the Nodes. So if required we can resize the node configuration.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cluster Autoscaler Integration in portal

The Cluster Autoscaler(CA) feature which is currently in Preview has CLI support as in the documentation. Is there a backlog item that enables the CA integration in portal as to configure auto scaling policies either during creation of cluster(Day 0) or at a later point of time(Day N ops)?

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Kubernetes Dashboard available through Azure Portal

It would be nice if the Kubernetes Dashboard could be reached directly through the Azure Portal instead of creating a local tunnel using kubectl portforward command.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a "Start/Stop Cluster" button to the AKS panel and CLI

To stop an AKS cluster, it is needed to stop all running VM instances in the AKS availability group. Right now there's no way to do this "on the click of a button", to solve this I needed to write a ShellScript (attached to the idea), which stops all running VMs. And this takes a while...

The idea is to add a "Stop/Start Cluster" button so we can better control the flow of our AKS cluster.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the Kubernetes insights to be pin into the dashboard

HI.
    I would be good if the kubernetes insights monitors, can be added to the dashboard.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AKS The possibility to tag the MC_ resourcegroup

It would be nice if we could add a tag to the AKS resource which allowes the MC_ resourcegroup to be tagged with.
    In Databricks this is possible, so it would be nice if this was also possible in AKS.
    Thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add namespace column in insights

We have the same component that is deployed in different namespaces (in this case a loader that is used for realtime vs. backfill purposes). This causes confusion in the insights screen. Additionally, filtering/sorting by namespace allows us to distinguish between our own and standard components.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guest users in Azure AD,

Please enable for Azure AD B2B Guest access. We would like to provide access to our partners using their Azure AD ID.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Service Principal Update not available for Cluster

By mistake, I have deleted Service principal created for AKS, So I'm not able to update new SP in Kubernetes cluster. There is no other way for me, So I need to delete and recreate my cluster, please do add SP update option in the cluster for easy switch in future, instead of deleting entire cluster and recreating

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a "Start/Stop Cluster" button to the AKS panel and CLI

To stop an AKS cluster, it is needed to stop all running VM instances in the AKS availability group. Right now there's no way to do this "on the click of a button", to solve this I needed to write a ShellScript (attached to the idea), which stops all running VMs. And this takes a while...

The idea is to add a "Stop/Start Cluster" button so we can better control the flow of our AKS cluster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filter in required Node configuration

When we create a AKS from portal, using Change Size we can select any VM. If there is a recommended configuration like minimum 3.5GB RAM, it would be good to filter out the VM sizes that have less that required size, e.g. Standard F1S with 2GB RAM. This will be helpful since we can't change the Node size once cluster is created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Race condition related to creation of a new service principal before validating initial Kubernetes cluster configuration

1. Open Azure Portal
    2. Create a resource
    3. Kubernetes service
    4. Fill in the required fields in the first step
    5. Click "Review + create"
    6. Wait until a Service Principal is created
    7. Wait until final validation runs

*Sometimes*, the validation is not passed with the error:
    Provisioning of resource(s) for container service test in resource group [redacted] failed. Message: {\n \"code\": \"BadRequest\",\n \"message\": \"The credentials in ServicePrincipalProfile were invalid. Please see https://aka.ms/aks-sp-help for more details. (Details: adal: Refresh request failed. Status Code = '400'. Response body: {\\\"error\\\":\\\"unauthorized_client\\\",\\\"error_description\\\":\\\"AADSTS700016: Application with identifier '[redacted]' was not found in the directory…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add to Azure Portal a shortcut for connecting AKS cluster via azure CLI (az aks get-credentials --name...)

It will be very helpful if you could add to Azure Portal AKS page a shortcut for connecting an AKS cluster via Azure CLI (with copy).
    For example if my cluster name is: My-Cluster:
    az aks get-credentials --name My-Cluster -g My-Cluster-RG

Thanks,
    Raz

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to be notified whenever new kubernetes version is available

Please send out alerts (portal notifications and/or email) whenever new kubernetes version is available. Thus we can upgrade clusters on time and be mostly within SLO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a "Start/Stop Cluster" button to the AKS panel and CLI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Check there is free ip addressing before allowing you to upgrade the AKS version

JUst done a cluster upgrade that failed spectacularly as there were not enough free ip addresses in the subnet to cater for the temporay node added during upgrade. PLease can a simple check be done by the platform that enough addresses are free. In my case the cluster had to be completely destroyed and recreated to fix this - and i think that is the advice that MS now give if this happens. PLease prevent this happening for other customers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base