Azure Monitor

Azure Monitor Action Groups enable you to configure how to receive notifications when an Azure Monitor Alert is triggered.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to run webhook repeatedly if alert conditions are sustained

Right now there is no option to force the resolve of Alert monitoring status.

This is odd specially because we are forced to use alerts for vertical autoscale.

So if you want to have multi-steps autoscale, you have to configure several alerts, with different times/tresholds, because there is no way to set an alert to resolved.

For example you need to downscale a VM, you set an alert to trigger the webhook when the CPU is 30% or less for 15 minutes, the alert triggers, the downscale is made, but just 1 time. Because the alert is never set to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Function  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. Document Azure Monitor security model

There does not seem to be a good reference as to the security model for Azure monitoring at the moment I am making assumptions which is not great when designing an architecture.

Presumably there is only a level of data in the alert (ie not contextual in terms of IP addresses, database names, contains data from system etc?).

In terms of the above if not where is data stored (presumably it is shared and not dedicated to a subscription), who has access to this data.

These are questions we will be asked in terms of compliance, i cant see anything…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Support for RBAC enabled clusters

Hi,
    the FAQ states that RBAC enabled clusters are not supported by Azure Monitor yet, but on the other hand https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/azure/azure-monitor/insights/container-insights-live-logs already has instructions how to enable live logs for RBAC clusters. This requires Azure Monitor to run.
    Can you provide an estimate when RBAC clusters will be fully supported?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advisor Recommendations performance warning - results in killed pids on small VMs

I have enabled Advisor Recommendations on Ubuntu 18.04 B1s size VM which resulted in frequent outages, CPU spiking to 100% for a period of 45 minutes and increased IO. Support have confirmed logs show killed s
    pids due to memory pressure. Granted it's a tiny VM but portal should either not allow to install Advisor on such small VMs or at least give a noticeable warning in the Portal. Moreover, the advisor is not easy to remove via Portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry that you’re experiencing these issues. Azure Advisor does not install anything on VMs in order to provide recommendations. Can you provide additional details that will help us route this issue correctly? Thanks!

5. Audit Tag Deletion

We had issue where audit tags were deleted from resource, then searching logs can't find out how to check for TAG deletion.
    Require Better auditing of TAGS.

Solution from MS made no reference to delete, just string with no delete reference

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove resolved findings

It would be great if the resolved findings would go away. Giving me 4 pages of results that never go away is impossible to manage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks. Advisor does remove resolved recommendations, although there can be a short lag, typically less than a day. If you’re seeing recommendations still in the list after several days, please let us know.

7. Add signal logic support for period of 7 days and frequency of every 24 hours

Currently, triggers are limited to a maximum period of 24 hours with the longest period between checks as 1 hour. Please increase the permitted period to 7 days and allow a frequency of every 24 hours.

In my case, I want to check for idle storage accounts by looking for ingress/egress under a certain threshold over the past week. Checking only the last 24 hours doesn't work as I have tasks which only write data to storage once per week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Filter the logs published to Eventhub

When publishing log events (diagnostic), there should be a way to filter the logs. Many times, all the logs need not be published to Event Hub so that the target systems consuming the events will have the right events to process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Push  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Japan region workspace option for Azure Monitor for VMs - Performance

Currently we can set the workspace which is deployed on the four regions in order to show the data on Azure Monitor for VMs -Performance. (These four regions is not including Japan region.) I suspect this case an opportunity loss since there are a lot of customers in not only Japan but also APAC, who is using Japan resource. It would be great if we can show the data on Azure Monitor for VMs – Performance in Japan region as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bugs on Function app page on azure portal

Correct the bugs on the function app page on Azure portal that make it impossible to use.

Half of the time the page gets stucks on loading the Monitor / Manage / Integrate page for a function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ensure documentation for Quick Start turorials are updated

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/quick-alerts-classic-metric-portal
    Most of the Quick Starts are outdated. Documentation doe not reflect new build! I know how to navigate on things and it took a while to figure out what tutorial wanted and apply it to new UI.
    This can be frustrating to new customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LogicApp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can you tell me how to register my vehicle tracking system as I cannot find out

I would like to register my vehicle tracking system and cannot find out how or where to do so, I have been referred to you by Sargent Electronics uk as this system tracking has been transferred to yourselves ,
    my email address is mjmcglynn@hotmail.co.uk I would appreciate a quick response as I am losing patience with all involved so far.Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure Metrics are unclear and discovery experience is unintuitive for certain resource providers

This feedback item is in relation to the Service Bus resource provider, but other resource providers show similarly unintuitive behaviour depending on the metric.

For example: When investigating the Sum of "Count of dead-lettered messages"

The sum shown is the sum of all datapoints collected over the timeframe not the actual sum of deadlettered messages over the timeframe. (e.g. if there is one deadlettered message and the timeframe is 5 minutes then the sum shown is the sum of all datapoints where one message was reported)
    The screenshot (sum.jpg) shows 1.44k deadlettered messages in a time frame of several hours.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Customization in log analytics

Please provide an option to choose different color to reflect in the log analytics graph. Currently, it give blue, green etc by default. It would be easier if customization are available so that we can choose different colors based on different metrics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change Activity Logs to store last n events

Today, Activity Logs retain the last month activity only. Although they can be exported to Log Analytics, missing activity history can lead into high security issues, especially for resources created long time ago. I suggest to change the way of working of Activity Logs to store (forever) the last n (e.g. 100?) events.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it possible to send an email with the configured screen automaticly

When I defined metrics I would like to be able to create an automation job which sends the metrics I just defined periodically to some emailaddress (weekly/monthly).
    Reason is that I want to inform users who use the specific resource without gining them access to my subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Creating new alert rules not working

Cannot create new alert rule (reproducible in most recent Edge, Firefox Win64 and Chrome Win64 versions):
    1. Navigate to https://portal.azure.com/#blade/MicrosoftAzureMonitoring/AzureMonitoringBrowseBlade/alertsV2

1. Click on '+ New alert rule'

2. Click 'Select Target' and fill the form on the right with valid values.

3. Click 'Done'.

4. Click 'Add criteria'.

5. Click the cloud/raindrop icon on the right.

Notice that nothing happens, and the user is never shown the UI to set their criteria. Furthermore, an error is shown in the browser's Javascript console.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 32 character limitation on Monitoring setup

While creating the alert, the Name field does not allow characters > 32

However, editing the created alert name with >32 character name works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to "Export as ARM Template json" on every azure resource.

I am spending a lot of time trying to recreate things for Automation that were created manually, like alerts. having the ability export as ARM template (in a similar way to dashboards) would save tones of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Monitor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base