Azure Monitor

Azure Monitor Action Groups enable you to configure how to receive notifications when an Azure Monitor Alert is triggered.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scope log analytics IIS log collection

Scope IIS log collection because this data is collected to all onboarded agent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Configure whether alerts should fire when data in lookback window is incomplete

Currently, alert rules will fire when the condition(s) are met, even when the data for the lookback window is incomplete.

Here's an example:
    An alert rule is configured for CPU Percentage > 90% with a 15-minute lookback window, splitting by VM resource dimension. A new VM is created with 100% CPU for the first minute, and the alert rule is evaluated at the end of the first minute. The alert rule currently triggers, even though there was only 1 minute worth of data (data is incomplete).

The desire here is to be able to configure whether the alert rule should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email notification action missing confirmation

I am new to Azure and was playing around with Azure monitor [Alerts etc.].
    I noticed when i create a action group and setup email as an action, I am asked to enter the email address, where notification would be sent.
    I see Azure is not sending a confirmation email for recipient to confirm this action.
    With this i could spam any one even if someone has not opted to receive these emails.
    I feel this is a very bad design and should be fixed ASAP.
    From my AWS experience, I know AWs always sends a conformation email and corresponding…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include Windows Defender Logs in Windows Event Logs

Windows Defender Operational Logs are not available when using the Windows Event Logs. Specifically, these logs:
    Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender Operational

It would be great if this could be included.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Map entity-based Investigation features of Azure Sentinel to Azure Monitor

A great feature of Azure Sentinel is the Investigation pane. Security events with identifiable unique entities like host, user, computer, URL provide context to available investigation options. Such as pre-staging a query about 'Active processes on a computer' when investigating a firewall alert about a computer entity (bridging access to the computer data from an alert on the firewall data, since Azure Log Analytics has all the data already). Bring this over to Azure Monitor using computer-centric entities like storage, disk, memory, network. Provide context sensitive pivot in a possible Azure Monitor Investigation pane to answer questions like "How many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scaling in should permit OR conditions so it matches the scale out parameter set

... but not the parameter values (no flapping). I mean i can set

ScaleOut
    CPU > 70% OR Memory > 60%

but Scale In can only be something like
    CPU < 50% AND Memory < 40%

and not
    CPU < 50% OR Memory < 40%

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move the Supress alert from General Alert detail

Move the Supress setting from the general details of the alert since it is only for Action groups. Alerts are still being fired every time the rule runs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Data Collector API - Return error code if daily cap was reached

Currently, when we are sending log data via Data Collector API and we have reached daily cap quota, the API still returns 200 OK response. Data are discarded silently in this case. Since whole purpose of Data Collector API is to simply insert new records to Azure Monitor, from our point of view, any failure to do so shloud return some HTTP error code. This would enable error handling on senders side as it should be with any API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support the use of *variables* in the email subject messages, generated by AlertRules.

Email subject will be more descriptive to ease the selection of alerts in need of swift follow-up. At the same time, managing AlertRules in general could be simplified as they become more 'dynamic' in this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow alerts based on network interface metrics

At present the Azure Alerting product does not allow alert rules based on metrics for network interfaces. As I have some VMs where the network interface is more interesting from an alerting perspective than the whole VM, I would like to be able to set up alert rules based on network interface metrics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Monitor Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bug in frontend when creating azure metric alert

When trying to create a metric alert in azure i get the following errors. Se attachment. This means I cannot create the alert.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alternate email not used for alerts

For administering Azure we are using a separate account which does not have a mailbox associated with it. Alert notifications to roles are not received fot these accounts, but it does have alternatemail specfied. For some scenarios in Azure it uses the alternateemail property of the account, but for Azure Monitor alerts to ARM Roles it doesn't. Would be great if this is fixed/implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support Event Hub GeoDR Alias as a Logging Destination

Geo Recovery DR Aliases are a tool that create a failover group between Primary and Secondary EH Namespaces.

Also, diagnostic settings can be applied to resources and can be streamed to Event Hubs as an endpoint. However, it is not possible currently to send logs to an Event Hub GeoDR Alias, that would end up in Primary Namespace, and would switch to Secondary namespace if the first is offline. Similar behavior of that of a SQL Failover Group.

This feature would be ideal and would solve the issue of resources not being able to write to an Event Hub in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set the axis tick marks in Azure Monitor

Currently, the axis tick marks in Azure Monitor are calculated automatically based on the data.

There are situations where I would like to see a more detailed the axis tick.
    So I'd like to see a feature developed to set the axis scale in Azure Monitor!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Monitor Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Workbook template deployment error : template language expression evaluation failed

Hi MS,

Workbook template deployment with any drop down parameter getting values from json array . I see this is something the arm deployment not able to parse the json array as jsonData and failing to evaluate before deploying.

Whereas the same works for ARM Template as the complete content is converted to string.

Getting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can monitor SQL on Azure VM with Azure SQL analytic

Can monitor SQL on Azure VM with Azure SQL analytic

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug in time range brushing used in workbook charts

In Azure Monitoring Workbooks it is possible to use time range brushing in charts for selecting time ranges for other queries. I found that the default time range is different then it is brushed. For example: I have a chart containing 7 days of data and brushing is default to min and max of the chart, but the linked grid only shows the data till one minute before the last datapoint.

When I actually time brush the last data point, then it suddenly does shows up correctly.

I have attached 2 print screens of the default time brushing (not working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Support for Windows 10 Enterprise Multi-Session

Add support for Azure Monitor for VMs on Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktop (Multi-Session) version 1909 and newer.
    We would like to get greater insight into our Windows Virtual Desktop hosts.
    The Dependency Agent installation fails with "{ERROR}-Unexpected Windows OS version: 10.0.0.0.18363".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customer is asking for Container Insights support in the following regions: West US, UK West, Australia South East.

Customer has AKS deployed on the following regions:

West US
    UK West
    Australia South East

And is requesting the same support available in East US.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base