Azure Monitor

Azure Monitor Action Groups enable you to configure how to receive notifications when an Azure Monitor Alert is triggered.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create a Monitor alert mechanism for Mangement group or subscription

Please create a Azure monitor alert for management group so that we don't have to go for each subscriptions etc to apply all alerts, and for example if we do have a new subscription etc we do not have any mechanism to get create alert for new subscription or deletion or rename or disabled etc. Currently we have to manually managing any subscription addition on portal.
    This is badly needed for new users as they are getting in they will register lot of subscriptions and resources.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi Team, We have more than 300 alerts in my subscription. We are not able to filter alerts like daily, Weekly,Monthly how many time occurs

Hi Team,

We have more than 300 alerts in my subscription. We are not able to filter alerts like daily, Weekly,Monthly how many time occurs particular alert and same we required report like excel format.Right now we don't see like downloading alerts list option also, Please work on this as well.

With kind Regards,
    Vijay Lakshmannagari.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Log rotate for OMS Agent logs on disk

Hi MS,

can you guys add an option to do logrotating on the logfiles that are created by the OMS agent?

i had multiple times that the logfile went over a few gigabytes.
    this was especially on linux.

or, could it be possible to put the logfiles somewhere else by the installer or something?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Prevent a KQL user from moving away from a modified query without saving it.

In the KQL query window, prevent a user from moving away from a modified query without saving it. Currently, it is easy to click away from a modified query and lose your work. The query window should prompt you if you have unsaved changes to a query and try to navigate away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. workbooks with custom metrics is broken

When trying to setup a new workbook based on custom metrics all metrics are shown with a name as "Virtual Machine Host"

This makes it more or less impossible to create a workbook based on custom metrics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Setting old autoscale rule to disabled to not block autoscale when new autoscale profile is deployed with arm templates

When autoscaling rules exist on a service (cpu based for instance) and a new one is deployed with the help of an arm template there is no clarity in which rule is actually working, if any of them are enabled at this point.
    My suggestion to fix this is to disable the old rule if the new rule arrives to autoscale with enabled equals to true. If not, keep the old one as it is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

7. After Enabling the diagnostics agent on a Windows VM, custom metrics are not being sent to Azure Monitor

After Enabling the diagnostics agent on a Windows VM, custom metrics are not being sent to Azure Monitor in a supported region. Therefore the custom metrics including the custom namespace (visible on the portal) is not available on the Azure Monitor API. An example request used to list namespaces:

GET https://management.azure.com/{resourceUri}/providers/microsoft.insights/metricNamespaces?api-version=2017-12-01-preview

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove the requirement to use the bin() function for KQL queries feeding a 'Metric measurement' alert rule

The following KQL is not accepted in the a 'Metric measurement' alert rule's GUI, as it does not employ the bin() function (nor does it need to):

Heartbeat
    | where OSType == 'Windows'
    | summarize TimeOfLastHeartbeat = arg_max(TimeGenerated, Computer) by SourceComputerId
    | extend AggregatedValue = ((now() - TimeOfLastHeartbeat) / 1m)
    | render table

I ended up having to feed in the following query for it to work:

Heartbeat
    | where OSType == 'Windows'
    | summarize arg_max(TimeGenerated, Computer) by SourceComputerId
    | extend Age = bin(((now()-TimeGenerated) / 1m),1)
    | summarize AggregatedValue = max(Age) by Computer, bin(TimeGenerated,1s)
    | render table

I think that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ignore completed jobs when evaluating Cluster Status for Container Insights

Container Monitoring Solution UI shows false Critical / Warning status for AKS clusters with completed jobs.

Those jobs are counted towards "Stopped user pods" on Cluster Overview, causing false critical indicators and making overview screen non-informative to those who have at least few jobs running.

However, drill down to the Pods / Containers level for the cluster in false Critical state shows no errors or warning - as it shows job pods as Green/Completed.

Please make the critical/warning check consistent with details grid and exclude stopped jobs from "failed" pods counter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. bug in frontend when creating azure metric alert

When trying to create a metric alert in azure i get the following errors. Se attachment. This means I cannot create the alert.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Workbook template deployment error : template language expression evaluation failed

Hi MS,

Workbook template deployment with any drop down parameter getting values from json array . I see this is something the arm deployment not able to parse the json array as jsonData and failing to evaluate before deploying.

Whereas the same works for ARM Template as the complete content is converted to string.

Getting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug in time range brushing used in workbook charts

In Azure Monitoring Workbooks it is possible to use time range brushing in charts for selecting time ranges for other queries. I found that the default time range is different then it is brushed. For example: I have a chart containing 7 days of data and brushing is default to min and max of the chart, but the linked grid only shows the data till one minute before the last datapoint.

When I actually time brush the last data point, then it suddenly does shows up correctly.

I have attached 2 print screens of the default time brushing (not working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Missing computer field in logs uploaded with Log Analytics HTTP Data Collector API

Been using the Log Analytics HTTP Data Collector API for months and recently the uploaded logs do not have the Computer field in the records. Thought that field was auto-generated as it exists without the type suffix that appears on custom fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Log rotate for OMS Agent logs on disk

Hi MS,

can you guys add an option to do logrotating on the logfiles that are created by the OMS agent?

or, could it be possible to put the logfiles somewhere else by the installer or something?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Log rotate for OMS Agent logs on disk

Hi MS,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Log rotate for OMS Agent logs on disk

Hi MS,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base