Azure Monitor

Azure Monitor Action Groups enable you to configure how to receive notifications when an Azure Monitor Alert is triggered.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set Alert State and Status in Log Analytics for Custom Log Query alerts

Right now AlertState and AlertStatus are empty in Log Analytics for Log Query alerts. This means no dashboard functionality (pie charts) or any other overview for new, acknowledged or closed alerts.

Been send to this feedback forum by Microsoft Premier support.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it configurable for the time interval for the resource was unavailable for

Hi team,

Currently, we provisioning resource health alerts via ARM to monitor the health status of our vms, per the recommended template here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-health/resource-health-alert-arm-template-guide#recommended-resource-health-alert-template

We are receiving multiple alerts while stopping a VM for the same event (status change: available => unavailable). We don't want to receive so many alerts for the same event. We are also seeing other users are having the same issue. https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/20560

And we've found one of the event alerts was "Down: Virtual machine has been unavailable for 15 minutes"
    which seems to be very helpful for us to use. But 15 minutes is too long…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide granular Activity Log event operations

For most service providers (if not all), it is not possible to identify Create from Update operations from Activity Log events, they are all provided under a generic "write" operation, which doesn't allow proper event-driven solutions to be built.

It would be great to be able to set up granular alerts for each operation type and receive it on the webhook's payload as well.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Webhook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the country code +32 (Belgium) for SMS alerting

SMS alerting integrated into a full monitoring solution is great but should include more countries. Please add +32 from Belgium

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SMS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ensure documentation for Quick Start turorials are updated

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/quick-alerts-classic-metric-portal
    Most of the Quick Starts are outdated. Documentation doe not reflect new build! I know how to navigate on things and it took a while to figure out what tutorial wanted and apply it to new UI.
    This can be frustrating to new customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LogicApp  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ignore completed jobs when evaluating Cluster Status for Container Insights

Container Monitoring Solution UI shows false Critical / Warning status for AKS clusters with completed jobs.

Those jobs are counted towards "Stopped user pods" on Cluster Overview, causing false critical indicators and making overview screen non-informative to those who have at least few jobs running.

However, drill down to the Pods / Containers level for the cluster in false Critical state shows no errors or warning - as it shows job pods as Green/Completed.

Please make the critical/warning check consistent with details grid and exclude stopped jobs from "failed" pods counter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. elastic pool alerts cannot be created in new metric alerts

In classic metric alerts we could create elastic pool dtu alerts. In the new metric alerts it is not possible anymore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Function  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you tell me how to register my vehicle tracking system as I cannot find out

I would like to register my vehicle tracking system and cannot find out how or where to do so, I have been referred to you by Sargent Electronics uk as this system tracking has been transferred to yourselves ,
    my email address is mjmcglynn@hotmail.co.uk I would appreciate a quick response as I am losing patience with all involved so far.Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OMS Linux agent for Oracle Solaris OS

OMS Linux agent for Oracle Solaris OS. We have applications running on these operating systems that need monitoring.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure Metrics are unclear and discovery experience is unintuitive for certain resource providers

This feedback item is in relation to the Service Bus resource provider, but other resource providers show similarly unintuitive behaviour depending on the metric.

For example: When investigating the Sum of "Count of dead-lettered messages"

The sum shown is the sum of all datapoints collected over the timeframe not the actual sum of deadlettered messages over the timeframe. (e.g. if there is one deadlettered message and the timeframe is 5 minutes then the sum shown is the sum of all datapoints where one message was reported)
    The screenshot (sum.jpg) shows 1.44k deadlettered messages in a time frame of several hours.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Container Monitoring Solution missing Free Disk Space

The Container Monitoring Solution is missing informatio like Free Disk Space on node level. The ACS Monitoring solution has this data out of the box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customization in log analytics

Please provide an option to choose different color to reflect in the log analytics graph. Currently, it give blue, green etc by default. It would be easier if customization are available so that we can choose different colors based on different metrics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audit logs need to be more detailed

Current audit and activity logs do not provide enough information. For instance, if a route is changed or created the IP info is not displayed in the log.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The documentation for the metrics in Azure need to be documented in a much better way as it currently is close to non-existant.

Documentation is desperately needed for the metrics in Azure. For example, the Response time avg graphs in Metrics, Performance, Live Metrics, etc.

I would like to know exactly where they start to measure and when the measurement ends.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Metric Display Name and Threshold Name are confusing.

I found that there are differences between Metric Display Name and Threshold Name for alert setting. E.g, about ExpressRoute, Metric is BitsInPerSecond but Threshold Name is CountPerSecond. I know those names mean same value. I think it's very confusing. I hope those name will be same name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Monitor Maintenance Window for Update

Azure Monitor Maintenance Window

A feature to stop alerts during a maintenance windows for example Windows Patching etc.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Text Alerts in Azure Monitor Not Detailed

Text Alerts in Azure Monitor are not detailed enough as only show the description of the alert and not the service or server effected by the issue.

More detail on the Text Alerts to be added or potential options for customising Text Alerts to add and include information.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Time range for Metrics Explorer

Currently we could not display the over 30 days of metrics graph at once.
    If we want to display 93 days, we cannot display at once, so display at multiple times. I want you to support display the graph in maximum 93 days.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Health" feature support for Windows Server 2012 R2

Is there a road map date for supporting the "Health" feature for Windows Server 2012 R2?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Monitor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base