Azure Management Groups

Azure Management Groups provide a way to efficiently manage access, policies, and compliance across an enterprise through a hierarchy made up of management groups and subscriptions. Using the Azure portal, PowerShell, CLI, or the Rest API, customers are able to build a flexible structure for unified policy and access management.

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure Management Group customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums are directly monitored and reviewed by the Azure Management Group engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to set custom names for the policies in an initiative

It would be great if we can edit the names of the policies within an initiative.

For example I have an initiative that has 4 instances of the "Require specified tag" build-in policy, because there are 4 tags I demand from every resource created in the subscription.

And indeed when creating a resource it throws an error that the resource is disallowed by the initiative and it states which policy in the initiative triggered the error.... but they are all named the same, so I would not know which tag exactly am I missing.

I want to be able to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable ARMs Template Deployment at Management Group level with Azure DevOps

Currently, Azure DevOps only allows Subscription level Azure Resource Group (ARMs) Deployment. If you have a scenario in which your Template contains linked Templates to create resources into other subscriptions, Azure DevOps is not able to handle it. This is needed in scenarios such as Hub And Spoke Pattern with Multi-Subscriptions. interestingly, Service Connections can be defined at Management group level, but the Resource Template deployment is lacking this feature. This is a big miss in DevOps pipeline, or maybe I'm missing something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AzManagementGroupSubscription needs Get/Delete verbs

Description of the new feature
    Az.Resource currently implements a NEW verb for adding a sub to an MG. The corresponding GET/DELETE verbs have not been implemented.

Get
    The azManagementGroup stuff allow for retrieving a tree of your MG and subs. Finding where a Sub in the tree is currently has no native code. You have to retrieve the entire tree and recursively search for where the sub is assigned.

Delete
    Currently the only way to remove a Sub from an MG is to re-parent it to its new location or the "Tenant Root Group" MG. Since once MG's are turned…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New-AzManagementGroupSubscription should not move a sub that already is in a ManagementGroup

Description
    New-AzManagementGroupSubscription should not move a sub that already is in a ManagementGroup

Steps to reproduce
    New-AzManagementGroupSubscription -SubscriptionId 12345-x-x-x -GroupName MyNewMG
    If sub 12345-x-x-x already exists under an MG, this should throw an error. This command makes it way to easy to break established hierarchy.

Possibly there could be a parameter -FORCE that utilized current behavior.

From: https://github.com/Azure/azure-powershell/issues/9158

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Change Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow a subscription to be part of more than one Management Group.

Allow a subscription to be part of more than one Management Group.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Management Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base