Add reporting for metrics that impact billing, and for cost/budget forecasting.
- TU count
- Event.Ingress: % of actual versus total capacity
- Events.Egress: % of actual versus total capacity
- Throughput.Incoming: % of actual versus total capacity
- Throughput.Outgoing: % of actual versus total capacity
These metrics would help to answer questions:
- Based upon our current usage and current billing structure, how can I forecast future costs as our scale increases? Similar to existing Azure Stream Analytics "SU %": this metric allowed me to roughly guage our current usage (versus capacity) and budget for future growth.
- What was the metric that triggered auto-inflate of TU count: Events? Throughput? Incoming? Outgoing?
- "TU count": especially since auto-inflate TU doesn't auto-deflate TU count after load has dropped. Having this metric allows me to create an alert for when auto-inflate TU count occur, so I can manually lower TU count once load dimishes.