Azure IoT Central

Azure IoT Central is your IoT app platform that's highly secure, scales with your business as it grows, ensures your investments are repeatable, and integrates with your existing business apps.
  • Get connected: Azure IoT Central connects your IoT devices to the cloud faster than any other platform. Find new devices matched to your solution in the Azure Certified for IoT device catalog.
  • Stay connected: We understand how hard it is to keep devices connected and healthy. Centralized management helps you reconfigure and update them.
  • Transform: Our connectors and extensibility APIs bridge the gap between your business applications and IoT—providing a direct connection between IoT data and your decision makers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Main dashboard should support device sets and multiple devices

Currently I can't put a map on the main dashboard with more than one device on it. I would like to have a way to add a map to the main dashboard that show multiple devices based on some kind of rule.

Example: I want to see a map of devices that report a temperature above 50.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I wanted to provide an update here: you can now create a single map with up to 10 devices.

Regarding your feedback to show only devices that meet a defined rule criteria – we’ll take that feedback into consideration for future dashboard improvements. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks,
    Haley on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

2. Save Analytics

Be able to save configuration for Analytics search.
    It is very tedious every time we want to look for certain devices we have to complete Device Set, Filter and Time Period. If you can name and save these you will be able to get these results at a click of a button (and hopefully add them to your dashboards). At the moment we have to go through this process of completing the search many time a day which is wasting a lot of time.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show last known value for lists of devices on the dashboard

We'd like the main dashboard to have the ability to show a list of last known values for all our devices (of a particular device type is fine). Adding individual last known value widgets, one by one, is not practical as it's not data driven and you will soon run out of screen real estate once you're past about 20 devices.

We thought the 'device set grid' would do this for us but bizarrely it only shows things that don't change often for us like settings and properties.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are working on understanding the customer needs for more granular tiles in the dashboards, so your request is very timely. I cannot provide any timelines at this time, but we’ll post an update here once we have a better idea of the improvements we’ll make to the dashboard tiles.

Thanks
    Ankit

4. string telemetry on dashboard

Allow string type telemetry values to be added to the dashboard to be displayed rather than device properties (can't add more to device properties as the 8K limit would be reached)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improving telemetry charts

I'm using Azure IoT Central since months now and I though about a few points that could improve analytics a little more :

• Device template default settings : Time range, telemetry formulas, row visibility. I found that every time I'm displaying a device all settings resets magically. It would be very nice to set those parameters by defaults inside the device template.

• Bar chart. I'm currently developing an access controller on Windows 10 IoT and it would be so great to see the attendance count in a bar chart.

• Scroll horizontally into data. As a developer I totally understand how…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a tool or option for retaining data for more than 30 days for an additional price

It would be nice to have an option for retaining data for more than 30 days (say 90 days) and be able to analyze it and display it in IoT Central Dashboards and graphs.

Sometime more than 30 days of IoT data are needed to spot trends and obtain valuable information from telemetry.

Something similar to Azure Time Series current model but embedded in the IoT Central platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customization: Tile for percentage with background and overlay

Support a tile with a background image and a semitransparent overlay that obscures the image as the percentage decreases. Also include the Value. (0% = overlay ALL, 100% = overlay none)

Usages:
    Battery
    Connectivity
    Beer, Coffee, Watter consumed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Define functions for analytics

I would like to use IoT Central for gas sensors.

A sensor measures values which, when inserted into a formula, correspond to the current CO2 value.
    So it does not help me to display the raw values in a graph but the calculated value. The sensor sends 4 gas values and one temperature value at the same time. The temperature value is needed to determine a temperature-dependent value in a LookUp table. This temperature-dependent value is also used in the equation.

I need a more complex evaluation of the data and post-processing. What IoT Central currently provides is too simple.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make _Gauge_ in dashboard available

Hi Team,
    as any other IoT Plattform (see node-red attached) has a nice Gauge to show values, please make it also possible in IoT Central.
    thx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. View all sensors in analyze mode

Hi,
    Currently we have 100+ sensors in our dashboards. If an operator goes to Analyse mode, he has to manual click each sensor (expect for the first 10 that are automatically selected) to view their performance. Is it possible to include the option to see all at once? And like in TSI also be possible to set queries so selected groups can be opened? This is currently also no possible in Analyse but also not possible in Dashboard modus. Hope this is clear :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add multiple telemetry together

It would be nice to be able to display a dashboard tile showing the sum of two or more telemetry values.

Eg: Total Count = Telemetry1 + Telemetry2

Then this can be edited in the IoTCentral app easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a button for toggling chart labels on the on the measurements tab.

When you have a lot of measurement telemetry items visible, it's hard to tell what each line represents. Please add a button at the top to toggle chart labels. Basically the click event of the button would be something like this...

var shown = [];
    var checked = document.querySelectorAll('[title="Visibility"][aria-checked="true"]');
    checked.forEach(e => { shown.push(e.parentNode.previousSibling.firstChild.title); });
    var i=0;
    var plotContainer = document.querySelectorAll('[data-test-hook="line-container-chart"]');
    var plots = document.querySelectorAll('[data-test-hook="line-container-chart"] > defs > clipPath > rect');
    plots.forEach(e => {
    var t = document.createElementNS('http://www.w3.org/2000/svg', 'text');
    t.setAttributeNS(null, 'x', e.x.baseVal.value);
    t.setAttributeNS(null, 'y', e.y.baseVal.value+10);
    t.innerHTML = shown[i];
    i++;
    plotContainer[0].appendChild(t);
    });

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PnP forms for events and states

PnP forms do not offer a visualization with markers for events and line bars for states

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Geopoint fails to write altitude value

Using PnP to define a Location capability property. This is the default location until the GPS acquires a fix (to avoid painting devices in Africa)

Any changes to altitude result in the error:
    Value is not of correct format: Geopoint.

Except the number -80 is valid

{

"@id": "urn:txs:tXsReader:BaseLocation:1",
    "@type": [
    "Property",
    "SemanticType/Location"
    ],
    "displayName": {
    "en": "BaseLocation"
    },
    "name": "BaseLocation",
    "writable": true,
    "schema": "geopoint"
    },

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For Dashboard KPI output in IoT Central include a timestamp so I know when that max or min occured

For Dashboard KPI when I'm interested in max or min, not only am I interest in what that value is but when it occurred so in small text below the displayed value, display the timestamp of when that occurred.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Consolidation of IOT Central Continuous Export Blobs and Ease of Processing

Azure IOT BI capabilities are impressive but require a lot, it seems: App Service, SQL, Data Factory,... These come at a price. I would help budget-strained users to more readily access the Cont. Export blobs directly, but they are quite numerous - one per minute. Would there be benefit in merging these blobs periodically, once per day or per hour, to substantially reduce their number and facilitate user processing and/or downloading? If not done by IOT Central, it would be nice to have a standardized AVRO format for merged readings - one blob per hour for all devices in a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base