Azure IoT Central

Azure IoT Central is your IoT app platform that's highly secure, scales with your business as it grows, ensures your investments are repeatable, and integrates with your existing business apps.
  • Get connected: Azure IoT Central connects your IoT devices to the cloud faster than any other platform. Find new devices matched to your solution in the Azure Certified for IoT device catalog.
  • Stay connected: We understand how hard it is to keep devices connected and healthy. Centralized management helps you reconfigure and update them.
  • Transform: Our connectors and extensibility APIs bridge the gap between your business applications and IoT—providing a direct connection between IoT data and your decision makers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard with multiple devices, group by "tag or property"

Nice if I was able to group different devices (models) in a single view.
    For example:
    By store, I have 3 refrigerators, one coffee machine, and one couponing station

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Uri,

I wanted to check in on this request since the dashboard experience has updated since you provided this feedback. You can create application dashboards containing multiple devices – for more information take a look at documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/iot-central/core/howto-add-tiles-to-your-dashboard.

Could you clarify your request in the context of the current dashboard experience?

Thanks,
    Haley on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

2. string telemetry on dashboard

Allow string type telemetry values to be added to the dashboard to be displayed rather than device properties (can't add more to device properties as the 8K limit would be reached)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow direct export to Azure Time Series Insight

At the moment we need to set up an event hub as an in between component which should not be necessary.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Can you describe what functionality you want to use in TSI? Currently this is unplanned but as we receive more feedback about this we can consider bringing this functionality to life, perhaps natively through IoT Central.

Thanks,
    Vivian on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

4. Option to import historical data from other IoT soltuion

It would be a nice feature if it was possible to import historical data. For example right now I store the telemetry data in Azure tables for my devices. If I switched to IoT central my data would be stored in two places, which means I cannot completely decommission my old solution.

Regards,
    Norbert

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, Norbert. Your use case is certainly valid, and we’d like to learn more about it. Can you help us understand a bit better by answer the following questions?
    - How much data do you have?
    - How many devices?
    - How long back does the data go?
    - Would you want to import the data and have it live in IoT Central, or reference the external data within IoT Central?

Feel free to email us your response or feedback to iotcfeedback@microsoft.com

Thanks,
    Luis on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

5. Support for String compare in Rules

Need string comparison in rules(may be in telemetry units also).

Usecase:
    In below data, i want to trigger a call to webhook call when type is equal to "unknown"
    {

"timestamp": " 2017-04-28T08:16:14Z",

"type": "Unknown",
    "mac": "EF3101000034",
    "bleName": "ABC",
    "rssi": -76,
    "rawData": "3A4E24FB1AFCFC6EB07647825FDA50693A4E24FB1AFCFC6EB07647825"

}

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Telemetry data type is a number and hence string operators don’t apply to it. The operators are determined based on the data type of the measurement selected in the Rule’s condition.

I’m not clear how you have modeled your payload in IoT Central. Can you clarify how “type” is being sent to IoT Central and which measurement type (Telemetry, Event or State) does it map to?

Thanks
    Ankit

6. Please provide future road map for CRM integration. A direct connectivity with CRM is essential.

Please provide future road map for CRM integration. A direct connectivity with CRM is essential.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Platform to Platform Integration

We are trying to integrate our IoT platform to your IoT platform. In that scope when we are creating rules and actions to get the Telemetry . For this if you can implement Pulsar kind of client to send the event driven telemetry it would be really good for platform to platform integration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Since IoT Central doesn’t act as a Pulsar producer, we would recommend you use data export as the mechanism for platform to platform integration. You can export data to Azure Event Hubs, and consume the data from there.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-central/core/howto-export-data

Can you take a look at this and let us know if this enables your use case?

Thanks,
    Vivian on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

8. Increase update frequency on Measurement tab to near real-time capability

I use the IoT Central Bridge to send data to IoT Central in IoT demos.
    Sending simulated data from Node-Red or from a hardware device directly to the IoT Central Bridge, data points / measurements on Measurements tab are seriously lagging. Sometimes a change in value takes 30 seconds plus to show up, making demos hard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sending telemetry data that configured a rule

According to my use-case, when a rule is configured, I run an azure function, what will be nicer if I could send device information and telemetry data values on which the rule was configured to the Azure function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter, Export DeviceSet

1) Support Sort Up/Down for Column Headers
    2) Nice to show possible values with checkboxes and filter. Example: Show all the devices with Firmware 2.0.1 without having to create a new
    3) Export to CSV the DeviceSet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Uri,

We are actively re-thinking device sets right now, thank you for your input on this topic. For #2 as you are looking through all of your devices, would you prefer to do this querying with a device set that isn’t saved or through our search functionality?

The ability to sort the grid is currently under development.

Thanks,
    Sarah on behalf of the IoT Central team

11. Support for pushing complete data to webhook when condition met in Rule

I want to get complete data when condition is met,

For example,

In below data, if type is equal to "Unknown", i want to push whole json data,
    {

"timestamp": " 2017-04-28T08:16:14Z",

"type": "Unknown",
    "mac": "EF3101000034",
    "bleName": "ABC",
    "rssi": -76,
    "rawData": "3A4E24FB1AFCFC6EB07647825FDA50693A4E24FB1AFCFC6EB07647825"

}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

JSON objects are not currently supported as device measurement payload in IoT Central and hence rules cannot be created to evaluate specific values inside the object.

Regarding your specific request around pushing complete data to webhook, we are looking into sending all the values sent by the device with in the same message. For e.g., if a device sends Temperature and Humidity readings with in the same message payload but the rule has been created only to monitor temperature that we will output both Temperature and Humidity as part of the rule output.

Will this meet you needs?

Thanks
    Ankit

12. Disable chat window for ex. all operators

I want a rule to disable the chat for some usergroups

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi – thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Can you tell us a bit more about which users you expect to see the chat option vs. not? This will help us think about the future of this feature.

Thanks,
    Luis on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

13. Summery graph each minute

I want to view the summery graph of devices each minute.
    the summery mean count/average/min/max, like this.

Scenario:
    - View the count of error of devices each minute
    - View the max of temparature each minute
    - View the average of fan speed each minute

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Key vault with RBAC for some properties and selectable fields for webhook callback

Add a new category to Properties
    Maybe call it "secrets".
    It is a key-vault that only admin (or RBAC assigned users) can see, where you store lookup KVPs like tenantId, appId, etc

When you define actions, Builders and Admins have a selector that allows to pick from the vault just the key name and inserts the key value when the webhook runs. The selector also allows picking any other property.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Teams integrate with Azure IoT Central

I want to use Microsoft Teams with Azure IoT Central.
    for support devices, communicate users.

My scenario:
    1. Get feedback from device uses.
    2. Send Suggestion for devices.
    3. Send Alert of devices.
    4. Get Questions & Send Answers relate these devices.
    5. Create a team related the devices.

I hope Azure IoT Central Tab on Microsoft Teams team.
    and view devices allowed the members.
    and post message with link of each devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Send Approve request for update by viewer

I want to send a approve request for update by viewer.

The viewer can NOT update the device value.
    Their send a approve request for update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base