Azure IoT Central

Azure IoT Central is your IoT app platform that's highly secure, scales with your business as it grows, ensures your investments are repeatable, and integrates with your existing business apps.
  • Get connected: Azure IoT Central connects your IoT devices to the cloud faster than any other platform. Find new devices matched to your solution in the Azure Certified for IoT device catalog.
  • Stay connected: We understand how hard it is to keep devices connected and healthy. Centralized management helps you reconfigure and update them.
  • Transform: Our connectors and extensibility APIs bridge the gap between your business applications and IoT—providing a direct connection between IoT data and your decision makers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerApps - get device telemetry data via connector

Would be nice getting telemetry data in PowerApps.
    We already can get device name and some other features via connector like this: "AzureIoTCentral.DevicesGet("---myapplicationID---","---my-device-ID---").name"

The formula editor offers additional actions but actual data can't be retrieved. E.g. this formula returns with an empty table:
    "AzureIoTCentral.DevicesGet("---myapplicationID---","---my-device-ID---").measurements.telemetry.key"
    If I try adding telemetry field name at the end of formula, I get error message: This identifier not recognized.

Can you please add this functionality to IoT Central connector?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embedding other website resources (video streams, dynamic images or web content)

I want to embed my web resource on custom panel,such as streaming vedio(camra) , or web test , or web picture. ok?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support "Bring your own Hub"

It'd be great to be able to leverage the dashboard, user capabilities, and pay-as-you-go capacity of IoT Central without having to abandon an existing IoT Hub infrastructure. Hub brings lots of added benefits that central does not yet support (Private Link, Event Grid, etc) and by the nature of how it's build Central will always lag behind on exposing those features.

If I could egress data to central in a similar manner to how sending data to something like TSI works that'd give the best of both worlds. I could even tee up tools like Stream Analytics ahead of Central…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support enrich messages

This is a very useful feature for IoT Hub, nice if it was extended to IoT Central with some special eventhubs as endpoints:
    Alarms for example.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-iot-hub-message-enrichment-simplifies-downstream-processing-of-your-data/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support associate Blob and Storage Account to the Internal IoT Hub

For the C# device client SDK, the function to upload to blob requires an associated storage account.

"Uploads a stream to a block blob in a storage account associated with the IoTHub for that device. If the blob already exists, it will be overwritten"

public System.Threading.Tasks.Task UploadToBlobAsync (string blobName, System.IO.Stream source);

Why not consider, adding a flow, similar to the Azure Portal where you could set the Azure Storage Container

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Uri – thanks for your feedback. We’re currently working on exposing capability to upload files to blob storage. I’ll update this thread once we have a more definitive delivery plan for this feature – hopefully in the coming months :)

-Luis, on behalf of the IoT Central team

6. Edit calculated fields over raw telemetry data

I'm trying to migrate a legacy IoT application to Azure IoT Central, I have alredy validate that there is a good compatibility between our needs and AIC's features.

But there is the need to perform a transformation over the telemetry data that I did not find in AIC.

For example, we have analogic sensors that make the telemetry with a range of values (from 400 to 2000), that we need to transform it in values from 1 to 100 to show in the charts, just to give one case.

So our system implements a simple "from-to" logic over the telemetry,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flow connector for IoT Central Preview instances

Currently (Jan 2020), IoT Central Preview instances do not show up in the Microsoft Flow connector for IoT Central.
    Is there a timeframe for allowing Flow to talk to the new Preview instances?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add location and altitude as a TTN device property for Location and Maps

We are developing an Azure IoT Central dashboard with a device location on the map. The device is sending data through the things network (TTN) using the IoT Central Device Bridge(link is 1 below) and the telemetry is good. When working in the Device Template and configuring the location (Configure Location, 2 below), the location information is not extracted from the Device as seen in the POST from TTN into IoT Central (see attached file). How does the location get configured into a proper variable for the Field Name within Configure Location? The variables in the TTN POST JSON are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to import historical data from other IoT soltuion

It would be a nice feature if it was possible to import historical data. For example right now I store the telemetry data in Azure tables for my devices. If I switched to IoT central my data would be stored in two places, which means I cannot completely decommission my old solution.

Regards,
    Norbert

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, Norbert. Your use case is certainly valid, and we’d like to learn more about it. Can you help us understand a bit better by answer the following questions?
    - How much data do you have?
    - How many devices?
    - How long back does the data go?
    - Would you want to import the data and have it live in IoT Central, or reference the external data within IoT Central?

Feel free to email us your response or feedback to iotcfeedback@microsoft.com

Thanks,
    Luis on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

10. Please provide future road map for CRM integration. A direct connectivity with CRM is essential.

Please provide future road map for CRM integration. A direct connectivity with CRM is essential.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Integration and Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a better mobile user experience

I have an IoTCentral App with multiple devices. I want to see the analytics from my smartphone, but I can't. I noticed that if i log into IoTCentral Portal from my smartphone and I go to "Analisys", I can't choose the group of devices because as soos as I press the dropdown, the page reloads. I tried to use the feature "Desktop Site" from Chrome, but nothing changed. I think it is a render problem because it occurs also if I open the portal from my pc and use the "mobile view" whit the Chrome console. The main reason i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Platform to Platform Integration

We are trying to integrate our IoT platform to your IoT platform. In that scope when we are creating rules and actions to get the Telemetry . For this if you can implement Pulsar kind of client to send the event driven telemetry it would be really good for platform to platform integration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. API Get Devices is missing the Interface Identity

GET devices returns instanceOf, but there is not a simple way to filter or sort the devices by the template (or interface capability).

Add the property interfaceIdentity without the namespace
    Example: tXsReader_3pb

The instanceOf appears to be some key that is specific to the current application.

I want to duplicate my application from an existing one, but the extensions should be decoupled.

Example my application has gateways and readers.
    The readers have instanceOf = urn:kmlohr_g:modelDefinition:zuesud7ps

We have a mobile tool that connects to the API and finds all the Readers. but we cannot use instanceOf as these are coupled to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Validate template codegen has issues

Hello, reporting some behavior that is not working or not intuitive

1) The portal says, Validate your device before publishing, but the Buttons to validate don't light up (see attached)
    2) The generated code does connect to DPS, but the device does not appear in IoT Central
    3) If I publish, then the start validate option shows up, but validate never completes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow custom fields with measurements

When the device changes it's own state (eg from operational to disabled), I would like to be able to include extra custom information, eg. an error code/note. This extra information should then be made available when defining rules for the device template.

I have a device that can change its own state based on internal logic. For example, a motor that might switch of due to an input current protection failsafe.

To take this one step further, I think it would be extremely powerful to be able to report and store relationships between events. Using the example above, perhaps my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Continuous Data Export to the Azure Event Grid

Currently the data can be exported to the Azure Blob Storage, Event Hubs and Service Bus.

Publishing this source to the AEG via the custom topic endpoint with a CustomInputSchema, we can distributed a data in the Pub/Sub manner.

Thanks

Roman

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Real-time video streaming on custom panel

I have a video streaming server , the visit web url as htttp://myvideo.mydomain.cn:8084 . how can i post this image(streaming) to the Iot Central?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deep Dashboard UI customization

Allow for extensive customization of UI at a level similar to https://github.com/Azure/pcs-remote-monitoring-webui
    but wrapped up in a library. I'm assuming based on the ingested data types along with some customization the dashboard is largely generated per data normalized against an in-house schema thus making it easy to consume. Anyways, wrapping that up in a library and in addition perhaps exposing a react components library one can use to build new panes, bring in other information at custom routes, and other such things. I realize this is not a trivial problem considering versioning, rollbacks, security, etc. How Microsoft Teams allows some…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow direct export to Azure Time Series Insight

At the moment we need to set up an event hub as an in between component which should not be necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Can you describe what functionality you want to use in TSI? Currently this is unplanned but as we receive more feedback about this we can consider bringing this functionality to life, perhaps natively through IoT Central.

Thanks,
    Vivian on behalf of the Azure IoT Central team

20. Continuous Data Export with a Routing query

Now, the IoT Central using a routing query string only for true/false (On/Off).

It will be nice to have the same feature as we have for IoT Hub for routing messages to the custom endpoints such as a filtering on telemetry data, non-telemetry data and properties.

Thanks

Roman

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base