Data Science VM

The Data Science and Deep Learning Virtual Machines are customized VM images on Azure, loaded with data science tools used to build intelligent applications for advanced analytics. The Data Science VM is a customized VM image on Microsoft’s Azure cloud built specifically for data science work. It has many popular data science and other tools pre-installed and pre-configured to jumpstart building intelligent applications for advanced analytics. It is available on Windows Server and on Linux.
The Deep Learning VM is a specially-configured variant of the Data Science VM to make it more straightforward to use GPU-based VM instances for training deep learning models.
More details about the Data Science VMs are available in the Azure Data Science Virtual Machine Documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a question on the developer forums through Stack Overflow.

1. Being new to Ubuntu for Data Science workloads I have a few initial thoughts:

Being new to Ubuntu for Data Science workloads I have a few initial thoughts:

1) The picture of the Data Science machine seems to indicate that it has a GUI (gnome in this case). However, it does not actually appear to have a GUI unless I'm missing something... which is possible.

2) Its on Ubuntu version 16. That's pretty old.

3) I can't get the RDP connection to work out of the box. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keras is missing in the default environments Python 3

Need to fix the Python modules - Keras is missing from the default environments,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base