Data Science VM

The Data Science and Deep Learning Virtual Machines are customized VM images on Azure, loaded with data science tools used to build intelligent applications for advanced analytics. The Data Science VM is a customized VM image on Microsoft’s Azure cloud built specifically for data science work. It has many popular data science and other tools pre-installed and pre-configured to jumpstart building intelligent applications for advanced analytics. It is available on Windows Server and on Linux.
The Deep Learning VM is a specially-configured variant of the Data Science VM to make it more straightforward to use GPU-based VM instances for training deep learning models.
More details about the Data Science VMs are available in the Azure Data Science Virtual Machine Documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a question on the developer forums through Stack Overflow.

1. where & how do I get a gpu???

Why are there so many permutations... I need a GPU with the Data Science VM... I have to try all sorts of different locations/disk types just to find one. Any advice?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  VM deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why not a Windows 10 VM image

I would like to know If Its possible for this VM image to be in Windows 10? IS there any restrictions / limitation in doing this? I am asking this just to save some cost on big VMs. Sorry If I am missing anything thats basic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VM deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug? : The Studio failed to load. Please refresh this page.

The "Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio" page header loads but no studio loads. Only some text "The Studio failed to load. Please refresh this page."

Upon refreshing it still fails to load.

Things I have tried:
    1. Logged out and logged in again.
    2. Created my azure resources in a different location (japan rather than SE asia)
    3. Sending feedback via smiley face widget. This is also not working .

I know this is a defect or availability issue (not a feature suggestion) but got no where else to go!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VM deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Interactive remove command

Include
    alias rm='rm -i'
    by default to ~/.bashrc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VM deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Useful to have script for post-provisioning config

It would be great to have some script examples for post-provisioning the DSVM with say VS Pro, SSRS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VM deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base