Azure Maps

Azure Maps is a portfolio of geospatial services that include service APIs for Maps, Search, Routing, Traffic and Time Zones. The portfolio of Azure OneAPI compliant services allows you to use familiar developer tools to quickly develop and scale solutions that integrate location information into your Azure solutions. Azure Maps provides developers from all industries powerful geospatial capabilities packed with fresh mapping data imperative to providing geographic context to web and mobile applications.

More details about the services are available in the Azure Maps documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

1. Danish municipalities and regions are outdated

When searching for Danish addresses the results for both municipalities and regions seem to follow the pre 2007 standard as described in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:DK E.g. the municipality of Nordborg was merged with Sønderborg and the region of Sønderjylland was merged with others to form Southern Jutland.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Microsoft Flow

I want to run our Microsoft Flow at selected location point.

Currently, Microsoft Flow's Mobile Button can run the flow with location information.
    I want to do same from Azure Maps by select a location point.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support South East Asia

I want to use Azure Maps in South East Asia

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Angular map component

There should be an Angular component which would make easier to integrate Azure maps with Angular (the most popular JS framework) applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xamarin.Forms Support

Xamarin.Forms support
    Cache Map like Native ones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shape class: expose a getCircleCoordinates method

With the latest release of azure-map-control, v 2.0.10, the `Shape` class now correctly shows a `circlePolygon` property that was missing, but it is marked as `private` so TypeScript will throw an error that it is only accessible within the class.

It would be great if we could have a `getCircleCoordinates` method that returns the `circlePolygon.geometry.coordinates` when `shape.isCircle()` is true.

Something like:

/**
    * Gets the coordinates of the contained shape if it is a Circle.
    */
    getCircleCoordinates(): atlas.data.Position[][] | null;

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two options for doing this already. The first option is to use the toJson function. This will generate a GeoJSON polygon for the circle. The coordinates will then be easy to access using geometry.coordinates. A second option is to use the atlas.math.getRegularPolygonPath function to generate the points of the circle, this is what the shape class uses under the hood.

7. Spatial - Post Point In Polygon property 'type' error

The point in polygon service started throwing the following Bad Request error:

"The property 'type' MUST be defined with a valid value of either point, linestring, polygon, multipoint, multilinestring, multipolygon, geometrycollection, feature, featurecollection.; The value '' is not valid for the property 'type'. The valid GeoJSON types include point, linestring, polygon, multipoint, multilinestring, multipolygon, geometrycollection, feature, featurecollection."

I am sending the type property, it seems there is a bug. I used the example from the docs and it throws the same error: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/maps/spatial/postpointinpolygon#examples

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for highlighting this issue. It appears to be a documentation issue. We have passed this on to the proper team correct the docs. To resolve the issue, remove the initial:

{ “FeatureCollection”: {

and a “}” at the end of the body.

8. Improve documentation for Python

I am a Python developer who uses Google Maps API for a lot, but have many other services with Azure and would like to make the switch. However, I can find NO documentation for Python at all other than how to install it. Google Maps by comparison has excellent documentation. Can you please provide some documentation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pricing is beyond bad

I've said this before, and my idea was rejected because it was considered "an edge case". It seems though that the reviewers didn't bother to read my entire post.

In my old post (https://feedback.azure.com/forums/909172-azure-maps/suggestions/36265189-pricing-is-really-bad), I gave *an example* of how the service becomes ridiculously more expensive just by changing one variable (QPS). However, the reviewer focused only on that example and didn't bother about the rest.

Now, here I am again facing the same problem, now with satellite images.
    We need to use satellite images in one of our maps. However, just because of that, our cost increases…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extend "Search - Get Search Fuzzy" Method

Would be great to have an opportunity to include or exclude POI categories.
    For example: i only want railway station and airports; or i don't want any parking garage in my result

The countrySet Flag is great, but it would be good to go more deep:
    - I want the countrySet DE and AT but from AT i only want the countrySubdivision Salzburg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Toll road icons looks bad

Toll roads icons on road are too frequents and are too prominent.

Is there any option to hide them? or are you planing to edit them in a next release?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Advanced reporting

Google Maps and Mapbox provide advanced usage reporting. Do you have plans to expand reporting capabilities for Azure Maps.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Azure Maps takes privacy very seriously as this is a key requirement for many Azure Maps customers. We will investigate some advanced reporting features but for those who want deep insights into how the user is interacting with the map/page, we will look into a partner solution which users can use with our platform.

14. Improve Street Name Labeling

Labeling is too big and too aggressive, I would say.

Take a look at Azure (https://jsfiddle.net/rxck4q3j/2/) and Google for comparison (https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4615805,-6.2244948,17z)

In Azure, In the main streets "Rathbeale Rd" and "Watery Ln" font is too big so it doesn't fit inside the road. The labels also repeat too often, very close together.

They also should not be dark black, I'd grey'd them out a little.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need maps for Asia region

Currently the Maps does not support Asian regions. It would be good to have maps the Asia region. This would help us stick completely with Azure instead of using other map services like google maps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Return all addresses with a specified postal code

In the UK postal codes typically represent a single building in major cities or 100 or less addresses in rural areas. It would be great if there was a feature where instead of geocoding the postal code and getting a result for the postal code, if instead we could get all addresses associated with that postal code. For example: NW1 7AW in the UK has 86 addresses, all on Hampstead road.

This would be great for scenarios where the geocoding service is being used to help users fill in an address form.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update the REST API documentation for Logic Apps

<English>
    We would like you to post an official document (document in docs.microsoft.com or blogs.technet.microsoft.com) about REST API for creating API connection on Logic Apps.

<Japanese>
    Logic Appsにおける”API接続”を作成するREST APIについて、情報を記載してほしい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Time Zone Windows to IANA lookup returns duplicate entries

https://atlas.microsoft.com/timezone/windowsToIana/json?subscription-key={subscription-key}&api-version=1.0&query=Pacific Standard Time should return IANA ids matching this windows id. The list of results contains multiple instances of America/Los_Angeles. This feels like a bug. I've not fully tested other ids but I would only expect unique entries in the returned list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base