Azure Maps

Azure Maps is a portfolio of geospatial services that include service APIs for Maps, Search, Routing, Traffic and Time Zones. The portfolio of Azure OneAPI compliant services allows you to use familiar developer tools to quickly develop and scale solutions that integrate location information into your Azure solutions. Azure Maps provides developers from all industries powerful geospatial capabilities packed with fresh mapping data imperative to providing geographic context to web and mobile applications.

More details about the services are available in the Azure Maps documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cities near another city

Lets consider that use case: I search on my application which allows to get doctors available in a specific city. A scenario would be to have 0 result on city I requested but the alternative would be to provide doctors available on neighbors city (on a specific radius ) of the one we queryed.

The idea is to add an GET method allowing to get neighbors city of another city by passing the city name (or its zipcode) and and radius

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Not 100% clear on what is being asked here. Most cities do not have borders that align with other cities. Many have open area between city boundaries (i.e. rural area). So finding a neighboring city that shares a border isn’t really an option. A couple of options, we could find other nearby cities within a search radius, it that is suitable. Or in the case of looking for doctors, you could simply do a radius search for doctors. That said, a better option when it comes to searching for points of interest is to do a time based search. For example, find all doctors within a 15 minute drive. Most people are more concerned about how long something takes than how far something is. There is a tutorial showing this concept here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-maps/tutorial-ev-routing

2. Xamarin.Forms Support

Xamarin.Forms support
    Cache Map like Native ones

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Maps