Azure Maps

Azure Maps is a portfolio of geospatial services that include service APIs for Maps, Search, Routing, Traffic and Time Zones. The portfolio of Azure OneAPI compliant services allows you to use familiar developer tools to quickly develop and scale solutions that integrate location information into your Azure solutions. Azure Maps provides developers from all industries powerful geospatial capabilities packed with fresh mapping data imperative to providing geographic context to web and mobile applications.

More details about the services are available in the Azure Maps documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

How can we improve Azure Maps?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Pricing is really bad

Your pricing model is beyond bad. Why do I have to choose between only two tiers, one being 10+ times more expensive than the other?!

Let's say I make 300.000 Maps transactions per month. In the S0 tier I'll pay US$ 25,00. If, however, I need 80 concurrent connections, than all of a sudden I need to pay US$ 1.500,00 (S1 tier). Fifteen hundred dollars! That's a SIXTY times increase in price just because I need more concurrent connections.

I think there should be a mid tier that includes free access and all (or at least most of) the features…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After careful review we have determined that the scenario outlined is an edge case that does not align with the overwhelming majority of customer use cases. Note that in order to achieve the stated QPS of 80, the user would need to generate all 300,000 map tile transactions in a 16 hour period in a month. Where as the majority of customer scenarios generate all transactions within a 6 hour period of a business day which works out to 120+ hours in a month. As such, the described scenario is generating 7.5 times more requests per second for the stated volume of usage than nearly any other customer would.

2. geocoding

I can use azure maps account "Get Search Address Geocoding" from a web activity of data factories? how?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Map does not work with WPF Browser control

Hi,
    Azure Map does not work with WPF Browser control. I have IE 11 on the machine. I have set meta tag for IE 11, but still it does not work in WPF Browser control.

Thanks,
    Alpesh.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The issue is that the WebBrowser control in WPF doesn’t have WebGL enabled, and enabling requires a registry change I believe, which is likely not something you will want to do. One way around this is to use Chromium instead of the built in WebBrowser control.

4. Full screen control

Addition of a new control for full screen would be helpful. The current method requires a good deal of programming to add a full screen control manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base