Azure Maps

Azure Maps is a portfolio of geospatial services that include service APIs for Maps, Search, Routing, Traffic and Time Zones. The portfolio of Azure OneAPI compliant services allows you to use familiar developer tools to quickly develop and scale solutions that integrate location information into your Azure solutions. Azure Maps provides developers from all industries powerful geospatial capabilities packed with fresh mapping data imperative to providing geographic context to web and mobile applications.

More details about the services are available in the Azure Maps documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Map visual on Power BI powered by Azure Maps

I want to use the Map visual on Power BI powered by Azure Maps.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Azure Maps announced that they will be shipping a Power BI visual in the first half of 2020. The initial set of features planned are; 3D bar charts, support for custom tile layers, traffic overlays, and the ability to drag and drop GeoJSON files as additional reference layers on top of the map. Many features planned in future updates afterwards.

2. More detail when zoomed out

We are finding that when zoomed out to display a long route on the map, there is no detail on the map other than the route and markers. We feel it needs some reference points to show major roads and suburbs to give some perspective on the route.

The map view in most cases for us consists of just grey background with the route line and marker when showing an overview of the Route across Australia, which is not helpful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A lot of improvements have been added to the map style incrementally in several releases over the past several months. Please have a look and see if this helps address your concerns. Additional styling improvements are also planned.

3. Support China

I want to use Azure Maps in China area.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Topographic, Satellite, and rich map styling

I'm excited to see a holistic solution for mapping come out of Azure. Being able to get different types of map tiles out of the renderer (such as Topographic and Satellite) as well as request the renderer style the map (similar to Google maps) would be a total home run for me and allow me to move my mapping workloads over.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Region at Japan

I want to use Azure Maps service at Japan region.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Toll road icons looks bad

Toll roads icons on road are too frequents and are too prominent.

Is there any option to hide them? or are you planing to edit them in a next release?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Aerial view thru API

Can you confirm that aerial view is just available thru embedded control? We have been trying to adquire aerial views thru API without success.

Thanks in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support South East Asia

I want to use Azure Maps in South East Asia

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Any timeline for releasing Azure AD authentication for Azure Maps to GA

Do we have any timeline for releasing Azure AD authentication for Azure Maps to General Availability

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need maps for Asia region

Currently the Maps does not support Asian regions. It would be good to have maps the Asia region. This would help us stick completely with Azure instead of using other map services like google maps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Maps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base