SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server powers your entire data estate by supporting structured and unstructured data sources. It builds on previous versions of SQL Server, which have been industry leading for four years in a row and a leader in TPC-E. It scales to petabytes of data and allows customers to process big data through PolyBase using T-SQL over any data. SQL Server has also been the least vulnerable database during the last seven years. SQL Server brings data insights with business intelligence capabilities that provide analytics at a fraction of the cost on any device along with advanced analytics with support for R and Python.

More details about SQL Server are available in the SQL Server documentation.
If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [SSRS] Parameters don't support dimension cubes

I've been using SSRS against SSAS a lot lately and I have found myself becoming more and more frustrated with each passing day, hence there may be a few more of these submissons in the next few days.

This one is regarding the use of dimensions cubes, i.e. Implicitly built cubes that can be used to query members of a dimension using the $ syntax as described by Mosha: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/mosha/archive/2006/10/11/querying-dimensions-in-mdx.aspx

Quite simply, dimensions cubes are not supported in SSRS. I try to execute a query against a dimension cube that works perfectly well in an MDX query window in SSMS…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Upvotes: 7

<=-=Dec 7 2009 11:09AM=-=>

Thanks for your feedback on this issue. Currently this restriction is by design, but I have converted the bug to a DCR that we will consider for a future release.

<=-=Dec 7 2009 11:15AM=-=>

OK fair enough. I do think this is important though. Hoping to see this in the future.

2. INSTALLSHAREDWOWDIR parameter ignored for no reason

INSTALLSHAREDWOWDIR parameter ignored for no reason (when specified from command line) on 64-bit OS.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 1

<=-=Apr 10 2009 4:03PM=-=>

Thanks for contacting us with this issue. This is a duplicate of a bug that we plan to fix for the next major release. This is actually a messaging issue as we need to provide a better message in the logs and on the UI.

Here is the summary of the issue:

No matter 64-bit or Wow 32-bit, once a component is present in anyone of the shared directories, users are not allowed to change the shared directory anymore. This is by design.

So, it looks as if setup ignored your input parameter /INSTALLSHAREDWOWDIR=“C:\Test\x86”, when in fact you already had the component installed prior to this setup session, but into the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server” folder. We do not allow you to change the shared folder after that.

The problem is we have a bug that does not clearly indicate this…

3. RepeatOnNewPage option not working as expected

I have a tablix (that is really a SSRS 2005 table converted to SSRS 2008), it have a group with many cells and a subreport in one of the cells.
    I want to have some rows repeated on each page, so I did as suggested in Connect and opened the advanced tablix options, and select each static item I want to be repeated as "RepeatOnNewPage" but still not working, not sure if because of the subreport (which, as I reported in another issue) seems to be also doing strange things as ignoring the KeepTogether directive.
    Also, there is a RepeatWith…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 10

<=-=Jan 5 2010 3:55PM=-=>

Hello,

Thanks for writing in about this. The current expected behavior is that if the contents of a Tablix cell (inside which is a textbox or a subreport in your case) is split across a page, the group header for that cell is not repeated. I have linked your filing into an existing feature request to allow report authors to better control this behavior. We will evaluate this for a future release.

Best regards,
    Chris B.
    SSRS Team

4. sp_reset_connection need to clear CONTEXT_INFO

spresetconnection does not clear CONTEXT_INFO

It is possible with connection pooling enabled to read the CONTEXT_INFO of a previous session. This is especially true when a web-server is making hundreds of connections of behalf of web-users.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 4

<=-=Aug 22 2006 12:44PM=-=>

Saying “won’t fix” without saying why doesn’t help. This is clearly a security bug that needs to be fixed.

<=-=Sep 26 2006 11:05AM=-=>

Hi
    Thanks for the feedback. We’re considering addressing this in an upcoming Service Pack of SQL 2005 and future releases of SQL Server.

- Christian Kleinerman

<=-=Oct 13 2006 5:17PM=-=>

Hi Jack!

Thank you for filing bug 126925
    (http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Feedb
    ackID=126925).

I actually couldn’t repro it, so I’m having several questions.

1. What is exactly version number of your SQL Server?
    2. What client API of what version are you using to connect to it
    at the client?
    3. I need a clarification on your repro sequence (between /* Load
    the saved context info / and /But hope that the connection pooling gives you the same connection*/comments). Do you assume somewhere in the middle the connection is reset? Or you…

5. Buffer Manager Cannot Get A Temporary Filename. The Call To GetTempFileName Failed.

Receive errors similar to the following:

Error: 0x80070050 at Import File, DTS.Pipeline: The file exists.

Error: 0xC0048019 at Import File, DTS.Pipeline: The buffer manager could not get a temporary file name. The call to GetTempFileName failed.

Error: 0xC0048013 at Import File, DTS.Pipeline: The buffer manager could not create a temporary file on the path "C:\Documents and Settings\michaelsh\Local Settings\Temp". The path will not be considered for temporary storage again.

Error: 0xC0047070 at Import File, DTS.Pipeline: The buffer manager cannot create a file to spool a long object on the directories named in the BLOBTempStoragePath property. Either an incorrect file name was…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 0

<=-=Apr 2 2007 6:11PM=-=>

Dear Customer,

We have looked into this problem. A possible workaround is: go to the Property page of the DataFlow component, in the Misc group try increase DefaultBufferSize (the maximum value is 104857600) and increase DefaultBufferMaxRows to a larger integer. This will allow smaller number of temporary files to be created, and reduce the chance the temporary folder gets exhausted.
    This method does not guarantee to work around the problem but we are working on our best to fix your problem in our future release! Thank you for using SQL Integration Service and we appreciate your future support!

6. XQuery function local-name()

I have a mail from Paul Flessner who said "SQL Server 2005 April CTP is feature complete".
    but I receive an error message when I try to excute the query below.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 1

<=-=Apr 29 2005 1:09PM=-=>

Dear Mak, adding general functions that return atomic values to XQuery at this stage is unfortunately too late. Secondly, I am not quite sure what the semantics of your query should express, given that string values inside a predicate do not make much sense. If you wanted a list of all local names in your document, try one of the following two expressions today:

select Col1.query(‘for $e in //* return local-name($e)’) FROM mytable

or

select N.r.value(‘local-name(.)’, ‘nvarchar(50)’)
    from mytable cross apply Col1.nodes(‘//*’) N®

I will however count this as a design change request for the next version and will consider this valuable feedback for future versions.

Thanks
    Michael

<=-=Apr 29 2005 1:34PM=-=>

Dear Mak, adding general functions that return atomic values to XQuery at this stage is unfortunately too late. Secondly, I am not quite sure what the semantics of your query should express,…

7. CONVERT from string to datetime does not always work for ISO8601 format

When trying to convert datetime's fetched from XML we get errors.
    It seems SQL server does not like too much digits after the decimal point for the seconds.
    I have a lot of XML code with datetimes in it created from:

XmlConvert.ToString(DateTime.UtcNow,XmlDateTimeSerializationMode.Utc)

This function seems to generate dateTimes as follows:
    "2006-07-29T15:56:33.6946834Z"
    and SQL server does not like this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 2

<=-=Sep 27 2006 6:44PM=-=>

Hi
    We are considering improvements to date & time in a future release of SQL Server that will address your feedback.

Thanks,

- Christian Kleinerman

<=-=May 3 2013 4:47AM=-=>

why can’t I vote for this topic anymore? what’s the status?

1 2 263 264 265 267 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Server

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base