SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server 2017 powers your entire data estate by supporting structured and unstructured data sources. It builds on previous versions of SQL Server, which have been industry leading for four years in a row and a leader in TPC-E. It scales to petabytes of data and allows customers to process big data through PolyBase using T-SQL over any data. SQL Server has also been the least vulnerable database during the last seven years. SQL Server 2017 brings data insights with business intelligence capabilities that provide analytics at a fraction of the cost on any device along with advanced analytics with support for R and Python.

More details about SQL Server are available in the SQL Server documentation.
If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SP1 Setup and locked files

From the Readme to SP1, I get the impression that if I don't stop services, the Setup will do so for me. Nevertheless, on every attempt, I've been prompted about locked files related to the Full-text and SQL Browser services.

I've then opened SQL Configuration Manager to stop these services, whereupon I've closed SCM again. Nevertheless, the next reboot message have been about a DLL related to WinMgmt, that is SCM. Not knowing how to close an applicaiton that is not running, I've accepted a reboot.

On one machine I first ran the BOL setup, before I ran the SP1…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Upvotes: 2

<=-=Apr 14 2006 11:48AM=-=>

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking to improve the locking files behavior in SP2. Peter Saddow

<=-=Sep 13 2006 1:26PM=-=>

Thanks for your feedback. This should be fixed in SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2.

Thanks,
    Peter Saddow

2. RU: SQL Server 2005 (Russian text truncation in setup programm)

RUS : ?????????? ????? ? ???????????
    ENG : russian text truncation in setup programm

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 0

<=-=Jun 30 2006 3:01PM=-=>

Hi gavrilenko_s,
    Thank you very much for your feedback. We have corrected the issues in SQL 2005 Russian RTM.

Appreciate your help!
    SQLLoc

<=-=Oct 15 2007 1:19PM=-=>

Confirming that this feedback was addressed in SQL Server 2005

3. RU:BOL (Russian text truncation in BOL setup programm)

Russian text truncation in BOL setup programm.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Server

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base