SQL Server 2017 17.8.1 Removed Font Options
SQL Server 2017 17.8.1 bug broke the Fonts and Colors selector. There are now only 5 options to select fonts. I would be ok with 1 option, if it was for minimum font size, but now setting All Text Tool Windows is not enough to increase the font size in the Database Explorer, Object Explorer or all menu items I can't read now.
There used to be an Environment Font, and well as 15 other fonts I had to set, and I complained about having to set too many options before, so thank you for getting rid of the options, but now I can read the database names, table names or anything since you don't give me an option to increase the fonts.
Microsoft Market and CEO says 'Accessibility is our first priority', but that is just lip service. You just broke SQL Server between 17.7 and 17.8.1, so please fix this ASAP so I can work.
Could you answer a few questions:
1) Did you install SSMS 17.8.1 on a clean machine, i.e. without any previous version of SSMS 17.x on it?
2) If not, did you upgrade by installing the Full install package or the Upgrade install package?
3) If you upgraded, what version you had before the upgrade?
4) Could you zip up the TEMP\SSMSSetup folder and share it with us?
Finally: did you try to uninstall SSMS and reinstall it? Did it change anything?
Mikael Wedham commented
I also have had the same issue. And still do. Installed yesterday with same result.
The things available in Options - Fonts and Colors are:
[All Text Tool Windows]
[Watch, Locals, and Autos Tool Windows]
Importing settings from a really old SSMS where I could change and export works, but I would really like to be able to change the settings myself.
1. I installed a lot of versions up to ( and including 17.9) on a Clean reset Windows 10 OS.
2. I have upgraded also on other Machines - only full install package.
Never uninstalled and reinstalled. I reset the entire OS.