Do you have a comment or suggestion to improve SQL Server? We’d love to hear it!

develop a SSRS ReportViewer for ASP.NET Core

Develop a SSRS ReportViewer for ASP.NET Core

146 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VA Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Amit Chaudhary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can you keep this gap open?
        Any enterprise App cannot be developed with reporting capabilities, so asp.net core is not enterprise ready?

• Gregg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've applications I need to migrate off Silverlight.
        I cannot move forward with Core until reporting is supported.
        No Reporting = Deal Breaker.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Realy.... Net CORE is useless without local reporting in it.... we are migrating systems to Linux and we are stuck on Windows's IIS with this service only.... (no preview needed, LocalReport rendering is enough)
        PS: You could fix "line-height" issue - seems this option works with HTML ONLY, no PDF, no Word... this is bad.

• Patt Rojanasthien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put this feature request on the top of the bucket. I had some extensive web app migration to ASP.NET Core2 just to find out in the end that the last functionality, which is the SSRS Report Viewer cannot be directly ported.

• Anees Azam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SSRS must be supported in ASP.Net Core and it will be better if we can utilize it without web form and there should be a mechanism to utilize it from client side.

• Muhammad Iqbal Marath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Peoples are writing comments from one year about SSRS report viewer for ASP.net Core but still no soultion is avialble. I am also waiting since ASP.Net core 1.0

• ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a showstopper for ASP.NET Core!, how can the application be reliable without strong reporting tools.
        this is very late from MS, and cannot be dependent on third party tool

• Celso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a long time since I am waiting for that and the only thing that I saw is the fact that a lot of third party are selling this tool but Microsoft. Should I give up of ASP NET Core for websites that is using SQL Server once it is not possible to use Report Server? Microsoft is asking us to avoid what Report Server or ASP NET Core?

• Celso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really do not understand why there is no Report Viewer to Asp Net Core, yet! There are a lot of third parts that offers this. I think Microsoft intend us to buy licensing and help them out. There is no explanation why report server is not available once database without report tools is useless, and them there is NO REASON to move to ASP.NET Core.

• Charles Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We must have this feature in 2018 to move our Web Forms applications into .NET Core 2 environment, without the feature I don't see any value of upgrading our framework to .NET Core 2.

• ToddP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this capability makes it harder to justify sticking with SQL Server

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base